Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
02-02-2012 01:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: 247Sports.com Recruiting Class Rankings
They are missing two to three recruits from UL's class.
02-03-2012 09:09 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Even though FAU has a "better" class then ever before according to these sites, I still dont buy into the star system.

Other then the 4 and 5 star guys I dont think any of these services spend a lot of time on the others, and there seems to be no 'STANDARD" for grading.

As an example 24/7 has FAU as the 2nd best class, and two of our guys have 4*. The same guys on Rivals are 2 and 3 stars.

Its completely subjective.
02-03-2012 10:31 AM
Advertisement

HILTOPWKU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: wku
HA HA
We shall see.
02-03-2012 10:47 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
I don't recall ASU ever finishing higher than third in the recruiting rankings, but I don't follow them closely at all.

If my memory is correct ASU just went 8-0 in league play winning 5 of those by more than two TD's without having had a top recruiting class.

Assuming the rankings are accurate, it is only a measure of current talent level with maybe a bit of projecting to the future. It still remains to be seen how well they adjust going from being the best or one of the few best players on the field to having to play against mostly people of equal or better talent, how well they handle the freedom of not being at home, and how well they handle the academic side.

A big risk with talented players is that it is easy to pick up bad habits. You can get away with poor technique when you are playing against someone smaller, weaker, and slower in high school. Not everyone is mentally prepared for having to rely more on learned skills than just being taller, faster, and stronger.
02-03-2012 12:42 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(02-03-2012 12:42 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  I don't recall ASU ever finishing higher than third in the recruiting rankings, but I don't follow them closely at all.

If my memory is correct ASU just went 8-0 in league play winning 5 of those by more than two TD's without having had a top recruiting class.

Assuming the rankings are accurate, it is only a measure of current talent level with maybe a bit of projecting to the future. It still remains to be seen how well they adjust going from being the best or one of the few best players on the field to having to play against mostly people of equal or better talent, how well they handle the freedom of not being at home, and how well they handle the academic side.

A big risk with talented players is that it is easy to pick up bad habits. You can get away with poor technique when you are playing against someone smaller, weaker, and slower in high school. Not everyone is mentally prepared for having to rely more on learned skills than just being taller, faster, and stronger.

And I would have to say, in addition to that, that Josh Jarboe is a prime example of that. I, for one, am glad that he has learned that lesson and has improved his technique because there is no shortage of talent with him. I'm proud of him for getting his act together.
02-03-2012 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.