English Interview on recruits
02-01-2012 04:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

theleftboot Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern Mich
RE: English Interview on recruits
Mentions that Devon Henderson (Sp?) is back in the fold....not part of the current class....but is on campus taking classes and paying his own way and will be a big part in next season on the DL!

So, basically another recruit!
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 04:15 PM by theleftboot.)
02-01-2012 04:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(02-01-2012 04:15 PM)theleftboot Wrote:  Mentions that Devon Henderson (Sp?) is back in the fold....not part of the current class....but is on campus taking classes and paying his own way and will be a big part in next season on the DL!

So, basically another recruit!

Yes, indeed like another recruit.

Yes, doesn't need to re-sign as he already did last February.

I assume he'll be on scholarship next year...

English was very bubbly and happy (and seems VERY happy to be at EMU and the success of his program and the entire athletic program and the folks we works with and for).

I wish Greg would have asked if the class is complete or if there is any more to come.
02-01-2012 04:27 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
Great interview. Coach English is the man! You can tell how excited he is about this recruiting class, plus the returning team in general. We are very fortunate to have as good of a coach and recruiter as English is.
02-01-2012 04:38 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-01-2012 04:38 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Great interview. Coach English is the man! You can tell how excited he is about this recruiting class, plus the returning team in general. We are very fortunate to have as good of a coach and recruiter as English is.

Call me crazy but English could stay a lot longer than many think.

He loves his team, his staff, his fellow athletic department colleagues, administration, board, and the area.

He just might say: "I want to win a MAC championship here. Goal one".

Most, but NOT all, are driven by big salaries.

To others, the right job, is more important than the WRONG job, regardless of salary.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 04:47 PM by emu steve.)
02-01-2012 04:44 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

God I hope so. A BCS coaching job can be a very tempting proposition, though he has never seemed to be the Saban-type, who will bounce around every few years. You may be right.
02-01-2012 04:48 PM
Advertisement

theleftboot Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Eastern Mich
(02-01-2012 04:48 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  God I hope so. A BCS coaching job can be a very tempting proposition, though he has never seemed to be the Saban-type, who will bounce around every few years. You may be right.

---------------

Reality check - Coach English a couple months ago interviewed for the Illinois job that went to the coach from Toledo.

English is GONE as soon as he wins a MAC title and/or plays/wins a bowl game. If he had not gone 1-3 in the last four games of 2011 and failed to make a bowl game he would already be gone. JMHO.

So, enjoy the progress now and the talent he is bringing in which will remain after he might be gone.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 05:04 PM by theleftboot.)
02-01-2012 05:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

If the athletic department is as dedicated to English as it seems, they need renew his contract NOW. Why wait for the season to end and for him to gain more exposure? Get him in discussions before the summer starts.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2012 06:08 PM by FrankAnderson.)
02-01-2012 06:08 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2012 06:08 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  If the athletic department is as dedicated to English as it seems, they need renew his contract NOW. Why wait for the season to end and for him to gain more exposure? Get him in discussions before the summer starts.
Eastern can only pay him so much, but I agree, it's the principal of the matter. Pay him as well as the budget allows, but know, coaches break contracts all the time when they accept BCS jobs.
02-01-2012 06:18 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
In the past English interviews (ie first two years) had alot of scolls and he always didn't look excited or happy. This interview you can tell alot has changed, its all smiles and he looks confident. Looking forward to next year!
02-01-2012 06:51 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(02-01-2012 04:44 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 04:38 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  Great interview. Coach English is the man! You can tell how excited he is about this recruiting class, plus the returning team in general. We are very fortunate to have as good of a coach and recruiter as English is.

To others, the right job, is more important than the WRONG job, regardless of salary.

You're putting unfair expectations on him. 95% of the men in his position would leave for the money and prestige of a BCS job. It's a typical, normal progression. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

If English ever leaves, be happy that he improved the program for the next generation.
02-01-2012 09:58 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-01-2012 09:58 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

You're putting unfair expectations on him. 95% of the men in his position would leave for the money and prestige of a BCS job. It's a typical, normal progression. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

If English ever leaves, be happy that he improved the program for the next generation.

I agree that it is usually coaches around age 60 who are more likely to get established and not move around unnecessarily.

Maybe English only looks at a job in 'Big Ten country' or Arizona/California?
02-01-2012 10:05 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU Football
(02-01-2012 09:58 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

Hey holybovine,

I think he will be here for about 2 more years.. No, I dont want to bet money!!!!!!!01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle

Why don't we hear from you during the football season?
02-02-2012 05:33 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

You may have him confused with wolverineeagle, who hasn't been seen around these parts in quite a while. Nothing really negative to report, I guess. If the basketball team starts losing more...I'm sure he'll start lurking again.
02-02-2012 05:58 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(02-02-2012 05:58 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  You may have him confused with wolverineeagle, who hasn't been seen around these parts in quite a while. Nothing really negative to report, I guess. If the basketball team starts losing more...I'm sure he'll start lurking again.

Hey, you are right.. sorry holybovine... My bad... It is wolverineeagle... 03-nutkick03-nutkick:ncaabbs::ncaabbs::ncaabbs::ncaabbs:
02-02-2012 07:05 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-02-2012 07:05 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 05:58 PM)EagleSam Wrote:  You may have him confused with wolverineeagle, who hasn't been seen around these parts in quite a while. Nothing really negative to report, I guess. If the basketball team starts losing more...I'm sure he'll start lurking again.

Hey, you are right.. sorry holybovine... My bad... It is wolverineeagle... 03-nutkick03-nutkick:ncaabbs::ncaabbs::ncaabbs::ncaabbs:

WolverineEagle will reppear when we play UofM again in '13 (?).
02-02-2012 07:09 PM
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
It's nice to know that I am still on people's minds. It's called having a life, EagleSam. You should try it.
02-02-2012 08:46 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

ZINNNGGGG
02-02-2012 09:20 PM
NUPudge Offline
1st String

(02-02-2012 08:46 PM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  It's nice to know that I am still on people's minds. It's called having a life, EagleSam. You should try it.
Wolverineagle,

I didn't think you loved us anymore, hadnt heard anything from you or seen comments from you about EMU like you did before.. Please provide us thoughts and views on last year team and this year recruiting class?
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 07:33 PM by NUPudge.)
02-03-2012 07:31 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(02-02-2012 05:33 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(02-01-2012 09:58 PM)holybovine Wrote:  [quote='emu steve' pid='7495136' dateline='1328132648']
[quote='EagleSam' pid='7495102' dateline='1328132339']

Hey holybovine,

I think he will be here for about 2 more years.. No, I dont want to bet money!!!!!!!01-wingedeagle01-wingedeagle

Why don't we hear from you during the football season?

I try to pick my spots and let the game come to me.
02-04-2012 12:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.