Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Turning point
Bookmark and Share
binturong Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Lots of critical plays, of course, but to me, the turning point was the White's "foul" on Garcia with about 3 minutes or so left, when Garcia obviously pushed off on White. Not only did that give UC and White a foul they didn't commit, but it didn't give UL and Garcia a foul they did. Of course, it gave them 3 points they didn't earn, and took away a Bearcat possession off the foul.

That was a call I *might* have expected if the game was in Louisville, but on our own court, when the pushoff was so visible, I was stunned.

Of course, you argue that another big turning point that played itself out all game was when UC decided to allow Dean to have open looks time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time after time. Garcia gets the pub and is a great player, but Dean is the one who, at the end of the day, will have beaten you, 3 by 3 by 3 by 3 by 3 ......

01-15-2005 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Go_Cats_Go! Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

No way can you blame officiating for this one. UC completely lost game at the FT line, and they got killed on the boards.

01-15-2005 03:33 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Go_Cats_Go! Wrote:No way can you blame officiating for this one. UC completely lost game at the FT line, and they got killed on the boards.
Agree 100%

01-15-2005 03:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

binturong Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'm not blaming the officiating. I'm saying that really bad call was the turning point. A really good team would have not allowed that to lead to their demise.

01-15-2005 03:42 PM
ucats11 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Agreed that was a turning point but we still should have made at least 5 or 6 free throws. If we do then we win. Or at least we keep the lead and they have to foul in the last few minutes.

01-15-2005 04:10 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

The turning point was when UC kept hitting shots (mainly Nick Williams) and then UC's players refused to play defense on the other end. Everytime UC got the lead back up to 10 UC's defenders allowed dribble penetration.

01-15-2005 04:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.