Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BC told Stacey Bedell thanks but no thanks since he was considering UMass
Bookmark and Share
malves21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BC / Umass
BC told Stacey Bedell thanks but no thanks since he was considering UMass
BC told Stacey Bedell thanks but no thanks since he was considering UMass as well so he likely won't be visiting this weekend. BC has no problem with kids considering Harvard or other Ivy League schools because of the education, but UMass was a bit too much.

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst
01-28-2012 12:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
RE: BC told Stacey Bedell thanks but no thanks since he was considering UMass
Nose, meet Spite.
01-28-2012 01:18 PM
Howl-n-Prowl Away
Three SDs above the mean

I Root For: Los NIU Huskies
Petty and typical of "that type" of leadership.
01-28-2012 01:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
That's a bit excessive, but no surprise coming from the Super Frauds.
01-28-2012 09:32 PM
Advertisement

bullsnotbills Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Buffalo
(01-28-2012 12:25 PM)malves21 Wrote:  BC told Stacey Bedell thanks but no thanks since he was considering UMass as well so he likely won't be visiting this weekend. BC has no problem with kids considering Harvard or other Ivy League schools because of the education, but UMass was a bit too much.

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

Don't know what to make of this, as his Rivals page shows him committed to JMU, and UMass isn't even listed as showing interest.
01-28-2012 09:58 PM
LastMinuteman Offline
1st String

I Root For: UMass
They hold their recruits to the same standard as their (ex-)football coach.
Because when you're trying to convince a young man to break his commitment to another university, the last thing you'll tolerate is disloyalty.
01-28-2012 10:23 PM
NIU05 Online
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(01-28-2012 10:23 PM)LastMinuteman Wrote:  They hold their recruits to the same standard as their (ex-)football coach.
Because when you're trying to convince a young man to break his commitment to another university, the last thing you'll tolerate is disloyalty.

03-lmfao
01-29-2012 04:12 PM
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
(01-28-2012 10:23 PM)LastMinuteman Wrote:  They hold their recruits to the same standard as their (ex-)football coach.

"Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most."
01-29-2012 04:35 PM
malves21 Offline
Bench Warmer

What are you talking about.. Their is no loyalty in recruiting until signing day. Your the same guy who said its frowned upon to take recruits from other schools. You have no clue about recruiting and the things that coaches say about their rival schools. You probably think OSU doesn't say anything negative about PSU and try to lure their recruits...01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 11:15 AM by malves21.)
01-30-2012 11:14 AM
malves21 Offline
Bench Warmer

Rivals.com reports that Michael Boland, a 6-7 295 pd OT from Georgetown Prep/North Bethesda MD has verbaled to UMass.

Scout lists a verbal from Cameron Mock, 6-8, 305 from Clayton, NM. Video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAF_H0pSbQY They Umass going real big!!
01-30-2012 11:19 AM
Advertisement

LastMinuteman Offline
1st String

I Root For: UMass
(01-30-2012 11:14 AM)malves21 Wrote:  

What are you talking about.. Their is no loyalty in recruiting until signing day. Your the same guy who said its frowned upon to take recruits from other schools. You have no clue about recruiting and the things that coaches say about their rival schools. You probably think OSU doesn't say anything negative about PSU and try to lure their recruits...01-wingedeagle

Uh, no, see, it was an observation on how BC convinced him not to honor his commitment to JMU and re-open his recruitment, yet got all huffy and offended when he wouldn't commit to BC and added a visit to UMass to his list. Given that BC fires coaches for merely interviewing with NFL teams, maybe they shouldn't be talking to a kid who went on local television, put on a JMU hat and announced his official commitment to the Dukes. If they want to be consistent, I mean. There's no hypocrisy on UMass's part. Molnar said when he was hired that he was specifically targeting commits to other schools to try to make up for lost time. Focusing on the uncommitted wouldn't have left us with much, and the outgoing coaches didn't do much recruiting.
01-30-2012 02:14 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Is it me or are the O-linemen out of high school getting even bigger? What are they feeding them, nitrogen?
01-30-2012 02:47 PM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
They're just getting fatter like the rest of America's kids.
01-30-2012 03:48 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-30-2012 03:48 PM)OZoner Wrote:  They're just getting fatter like the rest of America's kids.

They seem to be taller too, though - more kids that are 6'6, 6'7, and even 6'8. Or at least, that's how they're listed, maybe there's some "inflation" going on there.
01-30-2012 04:16 PM
malves21 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-30-2012 02:14 PM)LastMinuteman Wrote:  
(01-30-2012 11:14 AM)malves21 Wrote:  

Uh, no, see, it was an observation on how BC convinced him not to honor his commitment to JMU and re-open his recruitment, yet got all huffy and offended when he wouldn't commit to BC and added a visit to UMass to his list. Given that BC fires coaches for merely interviewing with NFL teams, maybe they shouldn't be talking to a kid who went on local television, put on a JMU hat and announced his official commitment to the Dukes. If they want to be consistent, I mean. There's no hypocrisy on UMass's part. Molnar said when he was hired that he was specifically targeting commits to other schools to try to make up for lost time. Focusing on the uncommitted wouldn't have left us with much, and the outgoing coaches didn't do much recruiting.

Okay I see.. My bad.. "He was going to pick UMass over BC. BC staff could not let it go public"...
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012 06:45 PM by malves21.)
01-30-2012 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.