Bookmark and Share
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
President Obama, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Share T
Quote:President Obama, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Share Tense Tarmac Moment
By Devin Dwyer | ABC News

Longstanding tension between Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and Democratic President Barack Obama flared into the public spotlight Wednesday just after Air Force One touched down in Phoenix.

Brewer, who was on the tarmac to greet Obama, hand-delivered a letter before engaging the president "intensely" for several minutes, including pointing her finger directly at him, according to Politico's Carrie Budoff Brown, acting as a pool reporter for other media outlets.

Accounts from both camps later said the terse talk focused on Brewer's book - "Scorpions for Breakfast: My Fight Against Special Interests, Liberal Media and Cynical Politicos to Secure America's Border."

The book, which was released in November, describes a June 2010 Oval Office meeting between Obama and Brewer aimed at diffusing conflicts surrounding Arizona's controversial state immigration law and the administration's immigration policy.

At the time, the White House called it a "good meeting," while Brewer's staff said it was "cordial."

But Brewer paints a much different picture in her book.

Brewer complains in "Scorpions for Breakfast" that she and her staff were treated coldly by White House aides, prevented from taking pictures in the holding room outside the Oval Office and that their cell phones and cameras were "confiscated" by Secret Service.

"Too bad we weren't illegal aliens, or we could have sued them," she writes.

During her meeting with the president, Brewer said Obama was "condescending" and professorial, "lecturing" on his efforts to promote comprehensive immigration reform.

"It wasn't long before I realized I was hearing the president's stump speech," she said. "Only I was supposed to listen without talking. Did he care to hear the view from the actual scene at the border? Did the opinions and observations of the people of Arizona mean anything to him? I didn't think so."

"He was patronizing," she said. "Then it dawned on me: He's treating me like the cop he had over for a beer after he bad-mouthed the Cambridge police, I thought. He thinks he can humor me and then get rid of me."

Obama raised his objections to Brewer's account face-to-face with the governor Wednesday.

"He was a little disturbed about my book," Brewer told reporters after the meeting broke. "I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt."

Obama told Brewer "that he didn't feel that I had treated him cordially," Brewer said. "I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn't get my sentence finished.

"Anyway, we're glad he's here. I'll regroup," she added.

A senior administration official later told reporters that Obama's comments were in response to Brewer's request for another one-on-one meeting.

"The governor handed the president a letter and said she was inviting him to meet with her. The president said he'd be glad to meet with her again, but did note that after their last meeting, a cordial discussion in the Oval Office, the governor inaccurately described the meeting in her book," the official told reporters, on condition of anonymity.

Brewer, who said in her letter to Obama that she wanted to discuss "Arizona's comeback" with him, did not attend the presidential event at a Phoenix factory today. But she did make several subsequent media appearances to talk about her tarmac encounter.

In an interview with KFYI radio in Phoenix, Brewer said Obama was "somewhat thin-skinned and a little tense, to say the least."

"I was very surprised. I was taken aback. I really was," she said. "I was shocked by the sternness of it all."

Ah yes. King Obama chastising the help for not bowing down and kissing his butt. Pretty soon he'll cram a law down our throats demanding we respect him and kiss his ass, and that we never say anything bad about his thin-skinned narcissistic person, since he can't command respect on his own.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2012 08:26 AM by BearChatter v2.0.)
01-26-2012 08:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: ........YOUR FRIENDS' ACTIVITY1-0 of President Obama, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Share T
baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa[/quote]

01-26-2012 08:24 AM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
RE: ........YOUR FRIENDS' ACTIVITY1-0 of President Obama, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Share T
(01-26-2012 08:24 AM)beck Wrote:  baaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
[/quote]

How many times do we need to tell you to leave your sex life out of this?

01-26-2012 08:27 AM
TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: President Obama, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Share T
How awesome to whine about an excerpt from a book as soon as you get off the plane? To a governor, nonetheless.

01-26-2012 09:11 AM
Advertisement

glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
After reading this, I can see why some of you were so upset with the 1 for 1 we scheduled with Toledo. Nothing to gain, and they bring you down to their level.

01-26-2012 09:21 AM
TheJimmy Offline
Bench Warmer

I finally got the MSNBC talking points this morning: It's her fault Obama is a narcissist.

01-26-2012 09:27 AM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
(01-26-2012 08:21 AM)BearChatter v2.0 Wrote:  Ah yes. King Obama chastising the help for not bowing down and kissing his butt. Pretty soon he'll cram a law down our throats demanding we respect him and kiss his ass, and that we never say anything bad about his thin-skinned narcissistic person, since he can't command respect on his own.

Ah yes, it sure looks like Obama is ripping her a new one.
[Image: fiY9.png]

I wish Obama would grow a set and start giving those SOB's what for. especially those who make those personal attacks against his wife.

01-26-2012 04:48 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(01-26-2012 04:48 PM)b Wrote:  I wish Obama would grow a set and start giving those SOB's what for. especially those who make those personal attacks against his wife.

That is a very good point...

The "right" hated Hilary too... something to do with being the wife of the President that bothers them?

For those of you keeping score and thinking I'm saying this as a Democrat (I'm not)... I find myself socially left, fiscally right.

01-26-2012 04:53 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(01-26-2012 09:27 AM)TheJimmy Wrote:  I finally got the MSNBC talking points this morning: It's her fault Obama is a narcissist.

He is the narcissist, so what does that make the woman who runs around doing interviews about a meeting on a tarmac?

01-26-2012 04:59 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(01-26-2012 04:59 PM)subflea Wrote:  
(01-26-2012 09:27 AM)TheJimmy Wrote:  I finally got the MSNBC talking points this morning: It's her fault Obama is a narcissist.

He is the narcissist, so what does that make the woman who runs around doing interviews about a meeting on a tarmac?

The object of an Obama tarmac fusillade. Who started the "debate"?

01-26-2012 05:49 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Obama did the same **** with Jindal down in La.

01-26-2012 05:54 PM
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
(01-26-2012 04:48 PM)b Wrote:  [Image: fiY9.png]

As if he had not disgraced the office enough, now he is getting photographed arguing with the lead singer from Warrant.

01-27-2012 12:23 AM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
(01-27-2012 12:23 AM)glacier_dropsy Wrote:  As if he had not disgraced the office enough, now he is getting photographed arguing with the lead singer from Warrant.
03-lmfao

01-27-2012 01:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.