Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Emails/Letters to President Noland (Addresses included)
Bookmark and Share
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
Emails/Letters to President Noland (Addresses included)
Is the emailing Dr. Noland idea something we are just going to talk about or actually do? Less talking, more doing!

Stop me Gold if I am intruding in your space.

I've been thinking about it and I`m not exactly sure that spamming the President's office email address is best strategy. Officeofthepresident@etsu.edu and president@etsu.edu is likely staffed by a secretary who will simply tap the delete button or send back an automated response. Has anyone actually reached the President in this manner or is there a way to verify that HE reads his email? I would just as soon hand deliver my letter to him than have it simply deleted from the inbox.

I don't intend to tell anyone to or not to write but think this effort should be of the big tent variety. Angry letters calling for the dismissal of Mullins or the immediate return of football can simply be dismiss as "those football loons." Its a different story if a unified fanbase, football supporters, non-football supporters, and those ambivalent on the issue write about a core group of issues. It doesn't take a football supporter to be concerned about the direction/future of the athletic department, Bucs basketball, etc.

Dwindling attendance/interest should matter to everyone, subsidizing athletics on the backs of students fees should matter to everyone, the lack of an effective marketing arm should matter to everyone, a new arena should matter to everyone, the lack of fund raising should matter to everyone, settling for 16 seeds thereby ensuring a loss in the 1st round should matter to everyone, etc.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched the State of the Union last night but there's my $.02.

Mailing Address

Dr. Brian Noland
Office of the President
East Tennessee State University
PO Box 70734
Johnson City, TN 37614

Email

president@etsu.edu
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2012 09:22 PM by BucNut22.)
01-25-2012 12:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
RE: Emails/Letters to President Noland
Maybe someone with the BFFF will know how to get in touch with Dr Noland easier. I know they want to meet with him soon.
01-25-2012 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
buc-wild Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: buccaneers!
Look at it this way. If we don't write there will be little indication of support. I think letters that are thoughtful, with constructive suggestions as to how to go about establishing a football program, would be welcome. Rants and "who shot john" emails just label the sender as a crackpot. There is a belief that football supporters are a bunch of people who generally "like" the idea of a football team but don't really care enough to donate money or buy season tickets, and on the other a few mouth breathing zealots who have an axe to grind. I think letters showing that there are ETSU supporters who think it is an idea seriously worth exploring would have a lot of effect. The letters should be focused on the future and not the past.
01-25-2012 02:39 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(01-25-2012 02:39 PM)buc-wild Wrote:  Look at it this way. If we don't write there will be little indication of support. I think letters that are thoughtful, with constructive suggestions as to how to go about establishing a football program, would be welcome. Rants and "who shot john" emails just label the sender as a crackpot. There is a belief that football supporters are a bunch of people who generally "like" the idea of a football team but don't really care enough to donate money or buy season tickets, and on the other a few mouth breathing zealots who have an axe to grind. I think letters showing that there are ETSU supporters who think it is an idea seriously worth exploring would have a lot of effect. The letters should be focused on the future and not the past.

100% agree! I think Dr. Noland would appreciate such efforts and will see that people are not only complaining but are ready to pitch in and raise funds and work to get it done.
01-25-2012 02:44 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I'm in.
01-25-2012 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: etsu
(01-25-2012 02:39 PM)buc-wild Wrote:  Look at it this way. If we don't write there will be little indication of support. I think letters that are thoughtful, with constructive suggestions as to how to go about establishing a football program, would be welcome. Rants and "who shot john" emails just label the sender as a crackpot. There is a belief that football supporters are a bunch of people who generally "like" the idea of a football team but don't really care enough to donate money or buy season tickets, and on the other a few mouth breathing zealots who have an axe to grind. I think letters showing that there are ETSU supporters who think it is an idea seriously worth exploring would have a lot of effect. The letters should be focused on the future and not the past.

thats the problem, for every 10 supporters, you get 1 pitt. that can spoil the message...and spoil it quick.
01-25-2012 02:58 PM
Advertisement

BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
Can't speak for what others plan to write but I planned a letter concerning athletics in general not football specific, though football will come up inevitably. Specifically an informative based/where I hope to see ETSU athletics message though I don't plan on calling for anyone's head.

Ideally, at least IMO, this is something both supporters of football and those who aren't to let Dr. Noland know their feelings about ETSU athletics.

When I was thinking about email vs. handing over the letters the idea of having the BFFF give them to Dr. Noland crossed my mind. However that runs into the same issue of having it be a solely football based discussion that could easily be dismissed as "those football people."

I think there are real issues that all ETSU fans, both football supporters and otherwise, have to write about.

p.s I`m not knocking letters solely based on supporting football. I actually plan to write 2 emails, 1 a general athletics based, the other football based.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 03:30 PM by BucNut22.)
01-25-2012 03:25 PM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2012 03:25 PM)BucNut22 Wrote:  
Can't speak for what others plan to write but I planned a letter concern athletics in general not football specific, though football will come up inevitably.

Ideally, at least IMO, this is something both supporters of football and those who aren't to let Dr. Noland know their feelings about ETSU athletics.

When I was thinking about email vs. handing over the letters the idea of having the BFFF give them to Dr. Noland crossed my mind. However that runs into the same issue of having it be a solely football based discussion that could easily be dismissed as "those football people."

I think there are real issues that all ETSU fans, both football supporters and otherwise, have to write about.

p.s I`m not knocking letters solely based on supporting football. I actually plan to write 2 emails, 1 a general athletics based, the other football based.

a good plan...
01-25-2012 03:29 PM
buc-wild Offline
Water Engineer

with all due respect I think BFFF has kind of poisoned the well with a lot of "who shot john" rants in the presss. I think having my letter go through them woud have it filtered as something of a crackpot letter. I think I'll just send my own letter.
01-25-2012 04:30 PM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

I have NO problem with the BFFF and I personally think Dave Mullins is inept, patronizing and arrogant. Having said that, I believe too much bashing of the old administration and current AD could easily appear to be "sour grapes" or whining. While the way football was handled still stings and continues to be the elephant in the room, we should be careful to focus on letting Noland know where we think athletics should be headed. Any new leader worth his/her salt looks for and respects vision and passion, but a barrage of negativity might be dismissed as cancerous.
01-25-2012 04:57 PM
buc-wild Offline
Water Engineer

(01-25-2012 04:57 PM)abuc90 Wrote:  I have NO problem with the BFFF and I personally think Dave Mullins is inept, patronizing and arrogant. Having said that, I believe too much bashing of the old administration and current AD could easily appear to be "sour grapes" or whining. While the way football was handled still stings and continues to be the elephant in the room, we should be careful to focus on letting Noland know where we think athletics should be headed. Any new leader worth his/her salt looks for and respects vision and passion, but a barrage of negativity might be dismissed as cancerous.

I didn't mean to be negative toward BFFF, as I know a number of people active in it. I do mean to be negative about the PERCEPTION of BFFF based on the newspaper ads. You made my point in a much more acceptable way than I did.
01-25-2012 05:23 PM
Advertisement

abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

My post wasn't directed toward you at all. Sorry if it came off that way.
01-25-2012 06:40 PM
slappywhite Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2012 04:57 PM)abuc90 Wrote:  I have NO problem with the BFFF and I personally think Dave Mullins is inept, patronizing and arrogant. Having said that, I believe too much bashing of the old administration and current AD could easily appear to be "sour grapes" or whining. While the way football was handled still stings and continues to be the elephant in the room, we should be careful to focus on letting Noland know where we think athletics should be headed. Any new leader worth his/her salt looks for and respects vision and passion, but a barrage of negativity might be dismissed as cancerous.

+1
01-25-2012 08:02 PM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Restoration
First off you are not treading on my turf. I put this challenge to the fambase. I don't want credit and never have. What i have always wanted is a strong united fan base who saw the condition of etsu athletics as it truly is and are prepared to act with what little as well as great power they have.

Secondly, no one ever suggested angry letters. This has always been a false charge brought up by a few intended to discourage the base from uniting against the current status. What is necessary is a concerned and well thought out letter listing the problems which have been discussed here many times.

I would send letters not emails.

Pitt gets a bad wrap and i guarantee you his letter would be both more thoughtful and constructive than anyone on this board. Most of you truly misunderstand him. But that is another matter.

I myself am no longer apart of the fan base and so i bow out here and leave it to others to organize.
01-25-2012 11:04 PM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

Why letters and not emails? Sincere question.
01-25-2012 11:33 PM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

It seems more genuine.
01-26-2012 09:48 AM
Advertisement

buc-wild Offline
Water Engineer

(01-25-2012 11:33 PM)abuc90 Wrote:  Why letters and not emails? Sincere question.

Letters for sure. They give the impression (maybe more than an impression) of being carefully thought out and crafted and are given more credibility.
01-26-2012 10:38 AM
abuc90 Offline
Special Teams

Roger, Roger.
01-26-2012 11:01 AM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

I guess that's it then
01-27-2012 04:17 AM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
(01-25-2012 04:30 PM)buc-wild Wrote:  with all due respect I think BFFF has kind of poisoned the well with a lot of "who shot john" rants in the presss. I think having my letter go through them woud have it filtered as something of a crackpot letter. I think I'll just send my own letter.

Wild- How so?

Not saying you're wrong, just asking.
01-27-2012 01:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.