Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Do we deserve to go to the NCAAs?
Bookmark and Share
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Just a simple yes or no. Has this team played a tough enough schedule? Have they played well against the good competition they did actually play? Do they merit inclusion in the NCAA Tourney?

01-22-2005 02:36 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Unless we lose about 8 or 9 more games by March, my vote is YES.

01-22-2005 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Have they played a tough enough schedule? Yes. Have they played good against the good teams, 50/50, do they deserve a NCAA Tournament bid? Of course.

01-22-2005 02:58 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Stupid Poll

01-22-2005 03:07 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

If it was the old days, where 32 teams were invited, I'd say no (unless they win the c-tourney 03-razz ). But, since this isn't the old days, they're in, barring my aforementioned collapse scenario.

01-22-2005 03:07 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators

Sure, they've beaten the teams they should have. They are a 7-10 seed. Today's game was one of their last real shots to really improve their seeding with a high quality win. The game at UofL is about all they have left if they wan't to prove they are worthy of more than a 7.

01-22-2005 03:10 PM
Advertisement

nkybearcat6 Offline
Excellent

I Root For: Cincinnati

They have lost to 3 of the top 10 teams in the nation. My vote is yes

01-22-2005 03:11 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators

I also vote for stupid poll. UC's 3 losses are to 2 Top 5 Teams and a top 15 team.

What would a UC loss be without UC Fans over reacting

01-22-2005 03:12 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Billy_Bearcat Wrote:Sure, they've beaten the teams they should have. They are a 7-10 seed. Today's game was one of their last real shots to really improve their seeding with a high quality win. The game at UofL is about all they have left if they wan't to prove they are worthy of more than a 7.
UC will have more then enough chances to improve beyond a #7 seed. They still have a game against #14 Louisville and might have a second in the C-USA Tournament. They still have UAB, Charlotte, and #25 Marquette. Even Depaul who has been around the Top 50 in the RPI. If UC finishes the season with only 5 or 6 losses we could still get a #6 to #4 seed. All you have to do is finish strong. Remember the 2001 Sweet 16 squad.

01-22-2005 03:15 PM
NatiCat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

How about another poll for this being the stupidest poll ever?

01-22-2005 03:16 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I hope a mod locks it!

01-22-2005 03:17 PM
Advertisement

nkybearcat6 Offline
Excellent

It's one thing when non-UC fans say UC doesnt deserve the tourny because they don't like UC but when a thread about if they should be in or not is started on a UC message board by a UC fan, that just makes me sick.

01-22-2005 03:18 PM
Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

I think we will make it but not go far, once again. This is a fair question folks.

01-22-2005 03:20 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

HoopsJunky Wrote:I also vote for stupid poll. There 3 losses are to 2 Top 5 Teams and a top 15 team.

we are 0--3 so far against the ranked teams. We need to start winning some. It's probably not going to happen on the road with this team.

01-22-2005 03:22 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

If you guys don't think we will make it to NCAA tournament you guys are so crazy, we still have a lot of games to play, this season isn't over, stop making stupid comments about us not making the ncaa.

01-22-2005 03:24 PM
nkybearcat6 Offline
Excellent

bearcat54 Wrote:
HoopsJunky Wrote:I also vote for stupid poll.  There 3 losses are to 2 Top 5 Teams and a top 15 team. 

we are 0--3 so far against the ranked teams. We need to start winning some. It's probably not going to happen on the road with this team.
Yes they are 0-3 but its Illinois, Wake, and Louisville who all could make a case for a #1 seed at the end of the year

01-22-2005 03:24 PM
Advertisement

HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

Donators

Quote:we are 0--3 so far against the ranked teams. We need to start winning some. It's probably not going to happen on the road with this team

Yes we are 0-3 and have lost to the #1 Team in the country who has thrashed just about everybody. Lost to the #3 team in the country by 4 points and the #13 team in the country by 3 points that we were up by 19 on and gave the game away with terrible FT Shooting.

Northern Iowa, Charlotte and Vanderbilt are ALL good teams that will be in the NCAA tournament. Yes the only Ranked teams we have played we have lost to.
Last time I checked not many teams have beaten Illinois or WF. Doesn't change the fact this is a stupid poll and UC will make the dance minus a Meltdown.

01-22-2005 03:26 PM
NatiCat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I guess UC just has to go 30-0 on the year, with all the opponents ranked in the top 30 to make some of these "fans" happy.

01-22-2005 03:32 PM
BDIAS Offline
All American

Donators

Stupid question.

01-22-2005 03:37 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators

Cat's_Claw Wrote:All you have to do is finish strong. Remember the 2001 Sweet 16 squad.
Claw, I'm sorry, but this doesn't say much. That wonderful Sweet Sixteen team beat a #12 and #13 seed to get there. I'm not trying to diminish the achievement, I'm just tired of hearing about it as proof that all they have to do is play tough and they can get past the first weekend.

01-22-2005 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.