Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Bright Side of Today
Bookmark and Share
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yeah, it was heartbreaking to lose to a VERY good team today. However, if any of us are realistic about the Bearcats we would be thrilled with their effort today. We were playing an awesome player in Chris Paul, much more capable of dominating and controlling the game than Steve Logan who we all loved for instance. AND we don't have a big man with any traditional low post moves/presence (which we all knew), and they had Williams who had all of that and more today (doubt he plays any better all year).

Wake is more than capable of making it to the Final Four with that team, but I also will be rooting against them after today because there really seemed to be some serious ego on some of them (granted Paul has some reason to be that way, he just annoyed me to no end). I also think that they have a type of demeanor and not a consistent enough focus on defense to be upset in the tourney too.

Overall today made me think that this Bearcats team is certainly worthy of being in the NCAA Tournament and could actually win a couple games (would be nice to hit the 2nd weekend again) with some breaks and the right matchups. Unlike some past years though I for one will feel no pressure with this team because of the noted deficiencies.

GO BEARCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-22-2005 03:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"

I cant really think of any positives. You should win all of your games at home. This is the second big game at home they have blown.

01-22-2005 03:35 PM
nkybearcat6 Offline
Excellent

I Root For: Cincinnati

Xaviers losing. Does that make anyones day better?

01-22-2005 03:38 PM
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Anyone who watches college basketball could see that Wake Forest is a better team than the Bearcats, maybe by a decent margin. Huggins has cursed himself to some degree with a certain level of success because they don't have the horses to beat really good teams except in upsets to be blunt. I mean we have a hobbled guard in Chad Moore and a junior college guy still learning the ropes vs. Chris Paul All-American. However, I do think the Big East will increase the talent level for the team and give Huggins a new challenge if he sticks around a while longer.

01-22-2005 03:38 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

cincinnaticats6 Wrote:Xaviers losing. Does that make anyones day better?
sigh...yes it does......it does......whew....I am already feeling better......glad to be alive........the clouds are parting.........yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....
GO CATSSSSSSS
03-wink

01-22-2005 03:40 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

We'll probably lose to Xavier

01-22-2005 03:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

#1bearcatfan Wrote:We'll probably lose to Xavier
We will beat Xavier silly this year.

01-22-2005 03:45 PM
#1bearcatfan
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Catswin Wrote:
#1bearcatfan Wrote:We'll probably lose to Xavier
We will beat Xavier silly this year.
I doubt it, they always find a way to beat us.

01-22-2005 03:47 PM
Sully Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I think the guys played pretty well today. Wake Forest is a very good team.

As far as ego, I think the Illinois team has the biggest ego problems of any of the"ranked" team.
ECU has it in the non ranked 03-razz :D

01-22-2005 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

We stood toe to toe with a legit Final Four contender. Do we have problems? Absolutely but I feel a little better about our team than I did earlier today because I'm convinced we showed we're capable of playing with the big boys.

01-22-2005 03:54 PM
bcatwilly Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Amen, that is what I was trying to say. I hope that is how Huggins and the fans will view today because that IMO is the realistic view of what happened. I was much sicker after the Louisville game because they are good, but I am not convinced that they are better than the Bearcats. We definitely fumbled that one away, but there are still plenty of games (and wins) left in this season.

01-22-2005 03:58 PM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I was fortunate enough to have a UCats member take me to the game and I actually got to talk to a scout. He said that Chris Paul and Eric Williams are both being scouted heavily by the Pro's and are both ready. He also said that Cincinnati fans didn't see it today, but he's seen Justin Gray play many times over the past couple of years, and that he's ready too. He mentioned that Gray played with Chadd Moore at Oak Hill? Is that correct? I thought they were there in different years?

Can you imagine Wake having all that talent? I was surprised we hung with them. Eric Williams completely dominated us down low...........it was almost too easy for him. Chris Paul is the real deal. I don't know what their 3 point percentage was but it seemed like they shot 70%...........do they ever miss? You feel like things should even out eventually and they'll start missing some of those. But for some reason, teams never have an off shooting night vs. UC.

I thought our effort was definitely there. Max left his shot in the Charlotte game.........couldn't do squat........but he did seem to rebound. Jihad made stupid decisions and took some stupid shots. He drives me crazy. But he'll probably be the guy that makes some career shot for us...ala Keith Smart.......someday and make me look like a fool (I know it's not hard). I'm trying really hard not to say anything bad..........and be realistic.

Wake is a very good team. Definitely the #3 team in the country. I really felt like when they had us down 70-64 and we stopped them like 5 times in a row and then came down and took a few stupid shots, them missed a dunk and a bunny stickback (I believe Hicks), and the refs missed a couple of fouls in there too.........it just wasn't in the cards. But I did feel like we easily could have been tied with them at that point. We'd make them take some bad shots and basically stopped them and got the rebound, but then we'd come down with a chance to capitolize and blow it. Frustrating. But UC had their chance..........they were right there.

To say they had 3 potential NBA players on that team and see them only beat us by 4......says alot, I guess. I'm disappointed we lost, but glad we didn't embarrass ourselves and made it a game.

I'm looking at the boxscore now and Kirk had 8 assists and 7 rebounds. I'm about ready to go back to the Point Forward experiment...........and make Nick Williams play the other team's PG on defense. Chadd's bad back (he played well today) and Jihad's bad decision making really frustrate me.

Anyway, we hung with them..........and could have won the game, despite them being the better team by far. I guess that says alot.

01-22-2005 04:00 PM
Sully Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Bearcattitude Wrote:I was fortunate enough to have a UCats member take me to the game and I actually got to talk to a scout. He said that Chris Paul and Eric Williams are both being scouted heavily by the Pro's and are both ready. He also said that Cincinnati fans didn't see it today, but he's seen Justin Gray play many times over the past couple of years, and that he's ready too. He mentioned that Gray played with Chadd Moore at Oak Hill? Is that correct? I thought they were there in different years?

Can you imagine Wake having all that talent? I was surprised we hung with them. Eric Williams completely dominated us down low...........it was almost too easy for him. Chris Paul is the real deal. I don't know what their 3 point percentage was but it seemed like they shot 70%...........do they ever miss? You feel like things should even out eventually and they'll start missing some of those. But for some reason, teams never have an off shooting night vs. UC.

I thought our effort was definitely there. Max left his shot in the Charlotte game.........couldn't do squat........but he did seem to rebound. Jihad made stupid decisions and took some stupid shots. He drives me crazy. But he'll probably be the guy that makes some career shot for us...ala Keith Smart.......someday and make me look like a fool (I know it's not hard). I'm trying really hard not to say anything bad..........and be realistic.

Wake is a very good team. Definitely the #3 team in the country. I really felt like when they had us down 70-64 and we stopped them like 5 times in a row and then came down and took a few stupid shots, them missed a dunk and a bunny stickback (I believe Hicks), and the refs missed a couple of fouls in there too.........it just wasn't in the cards. But I did feel like we easily could have been tied with them at that point. We'd make them take some bad shots and basically stopped them and got the rebound, but then we'd come down with a chance to capitolize and blow it. Frustrating. But UC had their chance..........they were right there.

To say they had 3 potential NBA players on that team and see them only beat us by 4......says alot, I guess. I'm disappointed we lost, but glad we didn't embarrass ourselves and made it a game.

I'm looking at the boxscore now and Kirk had 8 assists and 7 rebounds. I'm about ready to go back to the Point Forward experiment...........and make Nick Williams play the other team's PG on defense. Chadd's bad back (he played well today) and Jihad's bad decision making really frustrate me.

Anyway, we hung with them..........and could have won the game, despite them being the better team by far. I guess that says alot.
Nice post. (for a change) just teasing 03-wink .

That is funny that you say that about Jihad... He seems to have that persona, he is very confident, and doesn't doubt himself. Even though he still has some crazy shots, he builds his knowlegde from his mistakes. Pretty soon, the mistakes will start to be lessen. He will probably do exactly what you said he will do.

01-22-2005 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

Good post willy. I for one am happy with today's game. It's about what I expected of the cats. They came out an played well against a legitimate team that has just come off a loss. Teams like that are dangerous. My biggest complaint has to be allowing Williams the basket every time. I guess it was part of Huggins' strategy. It wasn't a good strategy, however. Let's move on and win the conference now. Oh and the shoe was rocking today. Good job on the fans part.

01-22-2005 04:16 PM
DP3113 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Fans did everything they could today, at least for UC fans. Came down to mental mistakes. I personally think there is no bright side to losing and am heartbroken.

I don't know if anyone saw after the game, but Huggins said to the African American referee, "fuc k you, no fuc k you".

01-22-2005 04:25 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

DP3113 Wrote:I don't know if anyone saw after the game, but Huggins said to the African American referee, "fuc k you, no fuc k you".
That's Teddy "Showtime" Valentine...see my "I knew this game was over" thread.

01-22-2005 04:27 PM
Advertisement

UCrolltide36 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

yes.... we sha'll get over this game... we sha'll prepare for our next game... we sha'll win the rest of our games.... im calling it

01-22-2005 04:29 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

cincinnaticats6 Wrote:Xaviers losing. Does that make anyones day better?
No it doesn't. I don't give a rat's azz about Xavier (unless we're playing them). However, These 70 degree Winters in Los Angeles are very effective at easing the pain of a bad loss. Cueing Billy Bearcat 03-razz

Plus, 04-cheers 04-drinky doesn't hurt either.

Edit: At best, I like Temple only incrementally more than I do Xavier.

01-22-2005 08:40 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

nm

01-22-2005 08:42 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

Lemmiwinks Wrote:
oleskl Wrote:That's Teddy "Showtime" Valentine...see my "I knew this game was over" thread.
Friggin racist 03-wink 03-razz :D

Bearcat B never runs out of zingers 04-bow
Yeah for some reason though I don't find too much amusement in somebody trying to call me a racist on a forum, whether they were joking or not.

01-22-2005 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.