Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I knew this game was over when...
Bookmark and Share
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators

they announced the officiating crew and Teddy "Showtime" Valentine was the lead official. I don't know if he just doesn't like Huggins and lets too much stuff go or if he's just a curse.

01-22-2005 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

That's kinda negative isn't it? :laugh:

01-22-2005 04:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

oleskl Wrote:they announced the officiating crew and Teddy "Showtime" Valentine was the lead official. I don't know if he just doesn't like Huggins and lets too much stuff go or if he's just a curse.
that was absolutely the worst officiating i have ever seen. those guys should be retired yesterday.

we were beaten by a better team. we had our chances and could not convert, while wake did. but when you have a physical game like that and uc has 6 fouls, and wake has none at the 12 minute mark of the second half, it's time to have the wiener cannon pointed at the morons in stripes, and start shooting something other than hot dogs.

they were pathetic.

01-22-2005 04:25 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I have often felt that UC's reputation of banging physical play sometimes leads the refs to not call fouls against the other team, almost like they think UC is use to being hammered, but then they call them against UC because they think the other team is a finesse team or something. I even noticed this against Charlotte early on as they let them play and then suddenly in the second half when Charlotte was making a run.............the touch fouls started being called. All you can ask for is consistency. To establish one way of calling fouls early on and then change is not acceptable in my opinion.

01-22-2005 04:32 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

It wasn't the physical no-calls that bothered me so much as it was the 2 or 3 horrible calls when the ball went out of bounds clearly off one player but called the other way. That and the Max shot that hit the rim but was still called a shot clock violation. There's no excuse for the out of bounds calls, none, especially when the official is 2 foot from Chris Paul and he does that little "shush" with his finger over his mouth.

01-22-2005 04:32 PM
Advertisement

oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

Bearcattitude Wrote:I have often felt that UC's reputation of banging physical play sometimes leads the refs to not call fouls against the other team, almost like they think UC is use to being hammered, but then they call them against UC because they think the other team is a finesse team or something. I even noticed this against Charlotte early on as they let them play and then suddenly in the second half when Charlotte was making a run.............the touch fouls started being called. All you can ask for is consistency. To establish one way of calling fouls early on and then change is not acceptable in my opinion.
It's called "The Shaq rule".

01-22-2005 04:33 PM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

these guys just stunk. no consistency; too many missed calls on too many fronts.

01-22-2005 04:40 PM
nkybearcat6 Offline
Excellent

I Root For: Cincinnati

Williams looked like he was in the paint for a little too long

01-22-2005 04:42 PM
BDIAS Offline
All American

I Root For: UC

Donators

They were rediculous on the continuation plays. They were giving Paul the Jordan rules treatment.

01-22-2005 04:54 PM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

The refs were awful both ways. The two worst calls were easily the Paul out of bounds call and the Paul continuation. It did sort of look like the Jordan rules.

01-22-2005 04:56 PM
Catswin Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Donators

oleskl Wrote:they announced the officiating crew and Teddy "Showtime" Valentine was the lead official. I don't know if he just doesn't like Huggins and lets too much stuff go or if he's just a curse.
Teddy loves to see Teddy on tv, he is something else. I said to myself at the start, oh sh&% we got Teddy TV doing the game. I hate him doing any game. He is so full of himself it makes me sick. I don't think he calls a bad game against us, he calls a bad game for every game he does, period.

01-22-2005 05:17 PM
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I still say the aggressive team gets most of the calls.

The fouls started going UC's way when they finally started taking the ball to the rim. Kirkland and White gave me some encouragement when they were taking it to the rim late instead of settling on outside jumpers-but man, it would be nice to see that kind of aggressive offense throughout a game for a change.

But I know where you guys are coming from. You can't tell me Wake didn't commit more fouls as physical as that game was...and there was no rhyme or reason to the out of bounds calls.

Valentine is horrible.

01-22-2005 05:21 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

Donators

Officials blew calls on both ends but how in the world does Williams not pick up a foul until 8 minutes left in the game????? The most physical guy in the game doesn't get 1 foul called on him in the first 30+ minutes of the game? He is similiar to Forston is in the NBA he is ALWAYS in foul trouble.

The better team won today.

01-22-2005 05:23 PM
Advertisement

b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators

Quote:they announced the officiating crew and Teddy "Showtime" Valentine was the lead official. I don't know if he just doesn't like Huggins and lets too much stuff go or if he's just a curse.

It's because he's black huh O ?

01-22-2005 05:27 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

bearcatb Wrote:
Quote:they announced the officiating crew and Teddy "Showtime" Valentine was the lead official. I don't know if he just doesn't like Huggins and lets too much stuff go or if he's just a curse.

It's because he's black huh O ?
Why the hell would you say that?

01-22-2005 05:30 PM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators

Quote:Why the hell would you say that?

Just to give you a hard time. We were having some decent discussions after a loss. Besides,It was my turn to be the ****** again.

01-22-2005 06:01 PM
DJBEARCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Red & Black

Valentine sucks.....but it had nothing to do with us losing :stupid:

01-22-2005 06:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.