Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State of the Union
Bookmark and Share
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
State of the Union
Odds President Obama tries to get the chamber to chant "O-Ba-Ma!" tonight?

01-24-2012 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EcFlay Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the Bearcats
RE: State of the Union
I heard that tonight is actually a roast, and Pastor Manning is the roastmaster.

01-24-2012 10:21 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
Just so no one has to watch.

1. I single-handedly saved the nation and have achieved tremendous things despite Republicans and the Tea Party trying to stop me.
2. ALL remaining problems including the Budget Deficit are the result of:
A) Republicans stonewalling all my brilliant ideas
B) Rich people being too stingy with money that belongs to every American
C) Wall Street making too much money that belongs to every American.
3. Everything is getting better (because of me) but we have a long road ahead.

Unfortunately roughly half the country would believe it if he said he could fly to Mars if he cared to and that he sh*ts magic cupcakes every morning.

01-24-2012 10:37 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(01-24-2012 10:37 AM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Just so no one has to watch.

1. I single-handedly saved the nation and have achieved tremendous things despite Republicans and the Tea Party trying to stop me.

Unfortunately roughly half the country would believe it if he said he could fly to Mars if he cared to and that he sh*ts magic cupcakes every morning.

Don't forget "Anything bad that is happening is still mostly the fault of George Bush".

01-24-2012 10:44 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
(01-24-2012 10:37 AM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Just so no one has to watch.

if he did sh!t magic cupcakes i bet the lot of you would be chastising michelle about eating them! 03-lmfao

01-24-2012 10:44 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Here is how bad this administration is....I didn't know and honestly don't much care that tonight is the State of the Union. I'll be watching an episode of Justified.

His crappy brand of busted leadership has beatten me down. He wins. I'm less politcal now than I have been in close to 30 years because I've finally figured out it doesn't matter.

01-24-2012 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(01-24-2012 11:19 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Here is how bad this administration is....I didn't know and honestly don't much care that tonight is the State of the Union. I'll be watching an episode of Justified.

His crappy brand of busted leadership has beatten me down. He wins. I'm less politcal now than I have been in close to 30 years because I've finally figured out it doesn't matter.

word up rath. politics as usual. with this fickle "what have you done for me lately" society, any change good or bad will just evaporate in the next cycle. unfortunately, elections don't run like washing machines. that could make for a nice political cartoon.

which leads me to an article i meant to post earlier

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/01/1...=spotlight

01-24-2012 11:31 AM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
Get off King Obama's back. He's the 4th best president ever. So he said.

01-24-2012 11:45 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
A big dose of Class Envy and Class Warfare.

01-24-2012 12:02 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
As a new liberal member of the Banter, I feel like having a cupcake with chocolate fudge icing.

Lush my son, will you join me?

Or we could go to Taco Casa for a large taco salad. Much better than Chipotle, or as those dumb-ass west siders pronounce it, Chipoltay.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 12:24 PM by OneUChoopsfan.)
01-24-2012 12:23 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

By BYRON TAU |
1/24/12 9:43 AM EST

Billionaire Warren Buffett's longtime secretary will be joining first lady Michelle Obama in her box at tonight's State of the Union, White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer announced on Twitter.

Debbie Bosanek, who has worked for Buffett for nearly two decades, has become a symbol in the White House's fight over the tax code and economic fairness. Obama is expected to renew his push for the so-called "Buffett rule" that would bring investment taxation levels into line with income taxation levels — and ensure that upper income earners pay rates as high as middle-class Americans.

"Warren Buffett's secretary shouldn't pay a higher tax rate than Warren Buffett," President Obama said in September, when he unveiled his American Jobs Act proposal. It's a trope that Buffett himself has repeated, as he has campaigned for higher taxes on investment income.

It's common practice for presidents to invite guests to sit next to the first spouse that fit with the theme of their address — and Bosanek's presence is a big hint that the address will tilt heavily towards economic issues of fairness.

Annie Lowrey, writing in Slate, reports that Bosanek has traditionally been very wary of the limelight — acting as a gatekeeper to the billionaire investor, not as a newsmaker. While she does acts as the press liaison for Buffett and his company, she's tight-lipped. She reportedly once wore a t-shirt with the caption: "Hi, I'm Debbie B. Warren is not available, and I have no comment."

01-24-2012 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Quote:Billionaire Warren Buffett's longtime secretary will be joining first lady Michelle Obama in her box

Jokes are consistently made about her posterior, she must have a big box as well.

01-24-2012 12:35 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

Quote: the so-called "Buffett rule" that would bring investment taxation levels into line with income taxation levels — and ensure that upper income earners pay rates as high as middle-class Americans.

yeah, that makes sense. :domokun: bite that hand that feeds you. buffett suffers from the romney attack, but he has a gentle smile. i don't have a problem with someone like bono using their money for whatever cause. i have a problem with a person of wealth using their influence to road map a country. "well warren buffett is one of the 1% and even he thinks he makes too much!"

now i just may be some run of the mill wealthy american tourist, but wouldn't his philanthropy be better served donating to universities, maybe art museums, fixing the crack on the washington monument, building the cincinnati streetcar, f*ck! what's up with all this global warming?! let's terraform mars!

can't believe i'm about to say this, but i prefer jimmy.

01-24-2012 12:57 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

Why not lower income taxes to the level of investment income as opposed to raising the investment income tax rate.

01-24-2012 01:37 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-24-2012 01:37 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Why not lower income taxes to the level of investment income as opposed to raising the investment income tax rate.

Because that would lower revenue significantly and drastically increase the debt. You would have to tie it in with significant spending cuts, but neither party has ever been able to agree on where those come from.

01-24-2012 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(01-24-2012 01:37 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Why not lower income taxes to the level of investment income as opposed to raising the investment income tax rate.

i know we're taxed pretty heavily, but what is the investment taxation level?

01-24-2012 01:47 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(01-24-2012 01:47 PM)Lush Wrote:  

15% on Capital Gains, 25% if considered short term gain.

01-24-2012 01:59 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(01-24-2012 01:43 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Because that would lower revenue significantly and drastically increase the debt. You would have to tie it in with significant spending cuts, but neither party has ever been able to agree on where those come from.

when a society is so fickle, and a government so fragmented, how can anything get done? we as a whole, are a clusterf*ck. but it really starts with the masses. jesus christ we're retarded. ron paul for dictator! when he dies we restore democracy! all hail dear leader rand. just kidding, i have faith in democracy. unfortunately not people and those two go hand in hand. 03-banghead

01-24-2012 02:00 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Depends on class of investment and how long held.

For example, less than 1 year held, capital gain is taxed as income at the regular tax rate. So I believe
from like 10% to 35% depending on your tax bracket.

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2012 02:03 PM by rath v2.0.)
01-24-2012 02:00 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

(01-24-2012 01:59 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(01-24-2012 01:47 PM)Lush Wrote:  

15% on Capital Gains, 25% if considered short term gain.

i see no problem with that. make some savvy people maybe first time investors.

01-24-2012 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.