Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charter schools trouncing failing public schools
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Charter schools trouncing failing public schools
http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/c...hools.html

So now it's pretty clear why WI unions are trying to oust the governor. Choice is coming across the country, and those service sector unionists are going to get crushed.
01-19-2012 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
RE: Charter schools trouncing failing public schools
(01-19-2012 01:55 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/c...hools.html

So now it's pretty clear why WI unions are trying to oust the governor. Choice is coming across the country, and those service sector unionists are going to get crushed.
03-lmfao
01-19-2012 02:00 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(01-19-2012 02:00 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 01:55 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/c...hools.html

03-lmfao

The second story reports that the largest public college system in the country, the California State University System (CSUS), with its 23 campuses, is struggling with the large and swelling mass of unprepared students. In 2010, 27,300 of the 42,700 entering freshmen -- that is, nearly two-thirds of them! -- needed remedial education in English or math (or both).

This! is funny to you?

Californians pay, on average, about 109 thousand dollars get one kid through K12 and then, when they are done, more than 60% still can't read/write or do math at grade level?

Thats not funny you clown.. That's a tragedy.
01-19-2012 02:11 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(01-19-2012 02:11 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:00 PM)RobertN Wrote:  

03-lmfao

The second story reports that the largest public college system in the country, the California State University System (CSUS), with its 23 campuses, is struggling with the large and swelling mass of unprepared students. In 2010, 27,300 of the 42,700 entering freshmen -- that is, nearly two-thirds of them! -- needed remedial education in English or math (or both).

This! is funny to you?

Californians pay, on average, about 109 thousand dollars get one kid through K12 and then, when they are done, more than 60% still can't read/write or do math at grade level?

Thats not funny you clown.. That's a tragedy.
The tragedy is Torchy.
01-19-2012 02:14 PM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
Again,

If Unions are the problem. Why are states that don't have them so horrible? It's not even close.
01-19-2012 02:28 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(01-19-2012 02:28 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Again,

If Unions are the problem. Why are states that don't have them so horrible? It's not even close.

Unions are *A* problem not *THE* problem. There is no *ONE* issue. It's not just the unions its the school boards and that, more than not being union shops, is why Charters to a better job (on a whole) serving their pupils with fewer resources.

correlation != causation
01-19-2012 02:31 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
One of the main problems is also the entitlement culture. ...which is also something caused by Dims.
01-19-2012 02:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

I Root For: UMD / W&M
Charter Schools beat Public Schools for two reasons:
1) The kids in charter schools have parents that care enough about their education to jump through the hoops to get their kids into a charter school. It's a safe assumption that those same parents stay engaged in their kids education.
2) Charter schools don't have to deal with much of the bureaucracy crap that the public schools do. Part of this is because they don't have the unions to do with, part of it is because of their size.

The problem is scaling up charter schools to replace all the public schools. Both of the current advantages as outlined above would probably be lost. I'm a fan of charter schools as part of education choice. Different kids need different types of education, there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

The other problem is what do we do with the kids who have parents that don't care? I don't have an answer.
01-19-2012 02:34 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2012 02:34 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  The other problem is what do we do with the kids who have parents that don't care? I don't have an answer.

Cattle prods to the genitals of the parents?
01-19-2012 02:36 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(01-19-2012 02:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:34 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  The other problem is what do we do with the kids who have parents that don't care? I don't have an answer.

Easier access to abortions should make a dent in about 20 years...
01-19-2012 02:38 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2012 02:38 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

Who the hell do you expect to pay for all the f'n entitlements you liberals are creating? Who do you expect to pay off the debt Obama is incurring? You cannot continue to kill off the young and think you can continue your liberal ponzi schemes. 1+1 does not equal 50.
01-19-2012 02:41 PM
Advertisement

AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(01-19-2012 02:41 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

Who the hell do you expect to pay for all the f'n entitlements you liberals are creating? Who do you expect to pay off the debt Obama is incurring? You cannot continue to kill off the young and think you can continue your liberal ponzi schemes. 1+1 does not equal 50.

and there it is. Rebel, I thought we were agreeing with each other for a moment!

FWIW, I was joking about the abortions, just like I thought you were joking about the cattle prods.
01-19-2012 02:46 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2012 02:46 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  

and there it is. Rebel, I thought we were agreeing with each other for a moment!

FWIW, I was joking about the abortions, just like I thought you were joking about the cattle prods.

I'm not the biggest anti-abortion guy here, but logic has to come into play. As for cattle prods, I was joking. ...or maybe I wasn't.
01-19-2012 02:51 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(01-19-2012 02:51 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:36 PM)Rebel Wrote:  Cattle prods to the genitals of the parents?

I'm not the biggest anti-abortion guy here, but logic has to come into play. As for cattle prods, I was joking. ...or maybe I wasn't.

One could argue that more abortions among the poor would decrease the pool of people that won't pay taxes and that would be receiving the most entitlement programs.
01-19-2012 02:54 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-19-2012 02:54 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:38 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Easier access to abortions should make a dent in about 20 years...

One could argue that more abortions among the poor would decrease the pool of people that won't pay taxes and that would be receiving the most entitlement programs.

Psst, we still have over 15 trillion in debt. Less kids also means less producers and less tax revenue in the future. Someone has to pay for all the babyboomers the undersexed WWII generation produced.

If your logic worked, we'd already have a HUGE surplus as MILLIONS have already been killed.
01-19-2012 03:03 PM
DrTorch Offline

(01-19-2012 02:28 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Again,

Why are non-union charter schools crushing unionized public schools?
01-19-2012 03:05 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Also AL, can't remember where I saw it, but we as Americans aren't replacing ourselves. IIRC, we have to produce 2.5 kids just to replace our culture. It's going negative. Europe is REALLY f'ed up. Europe will be majority Muslim in less than 150 years.
01-19-2012 03:06 PM
DrTorch Offline

(01-19-2012 02:34 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  Charter Schools beat Public Schools for two reasons:
1) The kids in charter schools have parents that care enough about their education to jump through the hoops to get their kids into a charter school. It's a safe assumption that those same parents stay engaged in their kids education.

Nonsense. Just watched a good portion of "Waiting for Superman" last Sat. Evidence there blows away this notion.

Quote:2) Charter schools don't have to deal with much of the bureaucracy crap that the public schools do. Part of this is because they don't have the unions to do with, part of it is because of their size.

So economy of scale doesn't exist?

Quote:The other problem is what do we do with the kids who have parents that don't care? I don't have an answer.

Lots of kids succeed w/ parents who don't care. That's not a legitimate fallback position.
01-19-2012 03:07 PM
AtlanticLeague Offline
All American

(01-19-2012 03:03 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:54 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  
(01-19-2012 02:41 PM)Rebel Wrote:  Who the hell do you expect to pay for all the f'n entitlements you liberals are creating? Who do you expect to pay off the debt Obama is incurring? You cannot continue to kill off the young and think you can continue your liberal ponzi schemes. 1+1 does not equal 50.

Psst, we still have over 15 trillion in debt. Less kids also means less producers and less tax revenue in the future. Someone has to pay for all the babyboomers the undersexed WWII generation produced.

If your logic worked, we'd already have a HUGE surplus as MILLIONS have already been killed.

Psst, they'd have to produce and pay taxes.

There have been 50 million legal abortions in the US since RVW. If those people would have had their own kids, we're probably talking about 100-150 million Americans that would otherwise exist. Now that we're knee deep in a hypothetical, what are the odds that those 125 million would be net producers?
01-19-2012 03:10 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(01-19-2012 02:54 PM)AtlanticLeague Wrote:  One could argue that more abortions among the poor would decrease the pool of people that won't pay taxes and that would be receiving the most entitlement programs.

[Image: 220px-MargaretSanger-Underwood.LOC.jpg]

"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

Yea it's been argued before..
01-19-2012 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.