Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
C-USA fans are happy OB leaving NBE
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

They're proclaiming the demise of the Big East since we don't Automatically send our Champion to the Orange Bowl any more. The problem for them is we already knew about this LAST YEAR. :heehee:

The fact they cannot grasp is the Big East will still have it bid through the 2007 season and in reality is in pretty good shape for it automatic bid due to Miami and Louisville. As long as we perform on the field the Big East will be fine. Here is the thread.

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/confusa/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=21976' target='_blank'>http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/confusa/invi...ST&f=22&t=21976</a>
02-05-2005 01:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

You've got to be kidding me? It was already stated that the Orange Bowl would move out of the Big East (since it's Miami's building) and that the Big East would bounce around in the BCS. One year we could be in the Fiesta Bowl, another in the Orange Bowl, or the Sugar Bowl, or the Rose Bowl, which I like anyway because it adds more variety and mystery to where the Big East's champion/representative is going. As you stated, we have known about this for over a year.
02-05-2005 01:58 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Orange Bowl have not had a tie-in with BE for a long time now, so whats so new about this? Orange Bowl is a dump anyway. I think it would be nice to see BE play in a Fiesta bowl or Sugar bowl. Who cares?

I think if UL had a chance to play an OU or USC this year, perception of the BE would be different. Next year will be fun cause a lof of teams gonna be good in the BE.

Pitt will be good with Wanny - I know he gonna recruit better.
WVU will be pretty good
UL will be awesome
Cuse might be better
UCONN is building a program and I have faith in our coaches
USF is not going to be bad like this year
Cincy will surprise some people
RU is the only team I think thats going to have problems.

It should be fun.
02-05-2005 02:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

SF Husky Wrote:Orange Bowl have not had a tie-in with BE for a long time now, so whats so new about this? Orange Bowl is a dump anyway. I think it would be nice to see BE play in a Fiesta bowl or Sugar bowl. Who cares?

I think if UL had a chance to play an OU or USC this year, perception of the BE would be different. Next year will be fun cause a lof of teams gonna be good in the BE.

Pitt will be good with Wanny - I know he gonna recruit better.
WVU will be pretty good
UL will be awesome
Cuse might be better
UCONN is building a program and I have faith in our coaches
USF is not going to be bad like this year
Cincy will surprise some people
RU is the only team I think thats going to have problems.

It should be fun.
I agree. I think that the Big East is going to have 3 Top 25 teams at a time in the Top 25 this year and could have some surprise teams slipping in. I like some of the people over on the NCUSA board but man, some of them were jumping on the Big East and Big East posters and didn't have a clue what was going on. Someone jumped on me for saying that the ACC's BCS bid might have been in danger if they hadn't expanded, which was true since they were barely meeting qualifications for the BCS bid. People didn't realize that Louisville's BCS bid counted towards the Big East. People calling the Big East a one team conference even though they could have 3 Top 25 teams in the preseason Top 25 (West Virginia is the only question mark, but after scooping up a stud running back that could push them in). Some thought the Orange Bowl was one step towards pushing the Big East out of the BCS bid. Crazy.
02-05-2005 02:51 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Let just say the C-USA folks are WAY BEHIND the times. I guess next they will post that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. I like the fact we are not tied in a bowl. One year we could be in the Orange, the next the Sugar or Fiesta. I like the variety.
02-05-2005 07:02 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

What would happen if they deside to go back to the days before the BCS?
02-05-2005 08:20 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

it's pointless to even argue with those folks. it doesn't matter. faced with facts, they ignore them, and then invent their own. {shrug}. Let them predict the demise of the BE all they want. The opinions of CUSA fans babbling meaningless drivel on an internet message board isn't worthy of getting worked up about.
02-05-2005 10:53 PM
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Darn, our champ will end up in New Orleans, Tempe, or Miami still. What a terrible fate. They're really reaching if they think this is the 'first step to eliminating the Big East' though.
02-05-2005 11:27 PM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

in NFLsucks sig our flag kicks the most ******, check it out. :wave:
02-06-2005 01:18 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Guys.....it doesn't matter how many articles you post to the contrary on the CUSA board...the folks are going to believe what they want to anyway

-- Our league could have Penn St, BC, Virginia Tech and Maryland and we would still be the BCS league that rotates because of geography...we just don't have a big bowl in our region......our "home BCS bowl" is still being built in NYC

-- The absolute worst case scenario for this league is that we would have to "share" the bcs bid with ND in the same way we do the Gator now and that the 16 team league stays together...I'm sure all of our schools would rather handle that nightmare scenario then be in NCUSA

Jackson
02-06-2005 09:38 AM
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Quote:we just don't have a big bowl in our region......our "home BCS bowl" is still being built in NYC

Hey Jackson,

Let's get the darn thing built before we start annointing it BCS Bowl status. :D

Besides, by the time it is built, the BCS may be on the verge of becoming extinct.

In which case we either have a play-off or something like the 'old Bowl' system.

Cheers,
Neil
02-06-2005 12:29 PM
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

And if the "Old Bowl System" did re-emerge, having a New Year's Day Bowl in New York City with the Big East as its anchor would be outstanding.

Yes, it is New York in the winter. But you are taking about the Big Apple. The fans would have a blast spending a few days (and New Year's Eve) partying in the greatest city in the world.

Yes, the new stadium in New York needs to get build sooner than later.
02-06-2005 12:35 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I woud love to see the old Bowl system reemerge...it really gets old going to the same bowls year after year...I think variety is good when it comes to that kind of thing

Jackson
02-06-2005 02:03 PM
Advertisement

EdisonDoyle Offline
1st String

I Root For: AAC

Cat's_Claw Wrote:I agree.&nbsp; I think that the Big East is going to have 3 Top 25 teams at a time in the Top 25 this year and could have some surprise teams slipping in.&nbsp; I like some of the people over on the NCUSA board but man, some of them were jumping on the Big East and Big East posters and didn't have a clue what was going on.&nbsp; Someone jumped on me for saying that the ACC's BCS bid might have been in danger if they hadn't expanded, which was true since they were barely meeting qualifications for the BCS bid.&nbsp; People didn't realize that Louisville's BCS bid counted towards the Big East.&nbsp; People calling the Big East a one team conference even though they could have 3 Top 25 teams in the preseason Top 25 (West Virginia is the only question mark, but after scooping up a stud running back that could push them in).&nbsp; Some thought the Orange Bowl was one step towards pushing the Big East out of the BCS bid.&nbsp; Crazy.
3 top 25 teams? Based on what? Lou was the only thing close to top 25. 5Oh, ESPN will hype you, but it can't create BE Football like it created BE basketball. It can't make U Conn a power in football, like it did in basketball.

Your only hope is that the welfare payments you get from the BCS will do something to one or two of you to create a ranked program. But that's doubtful, although Pitt certainly had its moments 30 years ago, as have Syr and W Va on occasion 10-15 years ago.

The BE is sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the other BCS leagues; you are much closer to the non-bcs in quality of football than to the BCS; academically, you took an immense hit, casting you toward the WAC-Sunbelt range, well below c-usa and the mwc.
02-13-2005 01:25 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

EdisonDoyle Wrote:
Cat's_Claw Wrote:I agree.  I think that the Big East is going to have 3 Top 25 teams at a time in the Top 25 this year and could have some surprise teams slipping in.  I like some of the people over on the NCUSA board but man, some of them were jumping on the Big East and Big East posters and didn't have a clue what was going on.  Someone jumped on me for saying that the ACC's BCS bid might have been in danger if they hadn't expanded, which was true since they were barely meeting qualifications for the BCS bid.  People didn't realize that Louisville's BCS bid counted towards the Big East.  People calling the Big East a one team conference even though they could have 3 Top 25 teams in the preseason Top 25 (West Virginia is the only question mark, but after scooping up a stud running back that could push them in).  Some thought the Orange Bowl was one step towards pushing the Big East out of the BCS bid.  Crazy.
3 top 25 teams? Based on what? Lou was the only thing close to top 25. 5Oh, ESPN will hype you, but it can't create BE Football like it created BE basketball. It can't make U Conn a power in football, like it did in basketball.

Your only hope is that the welfare payments you get from the BCS will do something to one or two of you to create a ranked program. But that's doubtful, although Pitt certainly had its moments 30 years ago, as have Syr and W Va on occasion 10-15 years ago.

The BE is sticks out like a sore thumb when compared to the other BCS leagues; you are much closer to the non-bcs in quality of football than to the BCS; academically, you took an immense hit, casting you toward the WAC-Sunbelt range, well below c-usa and the mwc.
Louisville will be in almost everyones Top 10 and Pitt will be in almost everyone Top 20. Neither team lost very much in players and will be loaded going into next season.

WVU on the other hand will be just outside the Top 25 but they have a lot of young talent. If you look at the recruiting rankings for this year the neither the C-USA or the MWC are close to the Big East. The Big East had a much better recruiting season and the gap between the Big East and the two whining Non BCS leagues will continue to grow.

This is what gets me from the C-USA folks that were left behind. In 2003 they were predicting that the Big East would fall apart, it did not happen. Then the C-USA folks said they would never take Louisville or Cincinnati, the Big East took them and USF. Finally they said the Big East would lose their BCS Bid, it DID NOT HAPPEN. Now they are Ms. Cleo and are saying the Big East will lose their bid in the future. WHATEVER, we have the bid, we are in good shape with the BCS Eligibility rules as of today and as long as schools like Pitt and UofL play to the Preseason hype we will be fine. WVU and USF had very good back to back recruiting years and Syracuse has a new coach with fresh ideas.

So stop whining and try to make C-USA a better league, but that will be very hard when you are carrying SMU, Tulsa and Rice on your backs.
02-13-2005 02:33 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.