Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball Recruiting Site(s)
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Basketball Recruiting Site(s)
Here is a good, free recruiting site. Looks to cover the much of the college map, including the MAC and EMU.

http://www.recruitrecon.com/index.php?op...C_Template

03-idea I've also added some Steve Bell 'top 30' lists (in some posts below) and another site for Oakland County I found to make following recruiting in MI easier. (added to this post) 03-idea

Quite frankly watching the search for hoops recruiting info on this board is almost painful to watch with Scout and Rivals doing a great job with FB and a very poor job with hoops recruiting, at least mid-major recruiting.

Steve Bell is really good for MI. Google won't yield much.

I believe this site broke the Jalen Ross commit which was picked up by Steve Bell and then Dennis (I really doubt Ross' commitment was a Google search).

Steve Bell is in the 'business' of following high school and college hoops and recruiting. His interest would be MI h.s. and JUCO players and also players coming to play for MI colleges and universities.

I believe Still's recruitment came from a 'tip' and later got picked up by Steve Bell who received the information. It wasn't Rivals or Scout or Google.

EDIT: Here is the site for Oakland County hoops/football

http://burneysbytes.blogspot.com/2011_12...chive.html
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 06:29 AM by emu steve.)
01-13-2012 05:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: Basketball Recruiting Site
Here is the EMU ''12, 13 and '15 search result:

http://www.recruitrecon.com/index.php?op...C_Template

Ziegler is the cousin of Trey Ziegler at CMU (Earnie is his uncle of this recruit). He will most likely end up at say MSU or a school of that ilk.

Even CMU isn't likely as Trey would be a senior when his cousin is a frosh.

I got a big laugh out of the '15 search.

Murphy gets to fill 'two chairs' on the bench with this one. Lol.

I really like LaMonta and if there is ever a chance to come back to EMU I'd hope it would happen. Stone and Murphy were coaching at the same time in high school ball, Murphy in Detroit and Stone at River Rouge.

I'm now ready to return to the fertile grounds of FB recruiting. 03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2012 06:03 AM by emu steve.)
01-13-2012 05:33 AM
Ken Barna Online
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear emu steve,
Thanks for this site information. The more I have been on this site, (emubbs.com) the more I have learned about Eastern athletics. It has been a real pleasure to come on daily, and see what people like you and others, can offer.
01-13-2012 10:25 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-13-2012 10:25 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear emu steve,
Thanks for this site information. The more I have been on this site, (emubbs.com) the more I have learned about Eastern athletics. It has been a real pleasure to come on daily, and see what people like you and others, can offer.

Thanks!

Good information makes following sports more enjoyable and lessens the frustration of not knowing...

We now have plenty of posters who have good recruiting savvy so we follow EMU athletes from their days as recruits through their EMU careers and beyond (if they play pro ball of any sorts).

This site has been a joy since I left the EMU MDead forum (as we mockingly call it) site in 2004.

This site and 'Boots Facebook site give us an opportunity to reach many EMU fans.
01-13-2012 10:56 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I'm going to post Steve Bell's list of top 31 (31, Steve, not 30 05-nono) top recruits for '13.

http://blog.mlive.com/highschoolbasketba..._rank.html

2013 is where it is at in MI and for EMU's hopes of recruiting effectively in their own back yard (Ypsilanti eastward along I-94 through Romulus and into Detroit).

My 'rule of thumb' is that the top 8 - 10 players in a typical class are Big Ten caliber and that the rest to say 30 are MAC caliber.

I assume Murphy will start with #7 and look at all players who would be potential recruits.

Coach White I believe coached at Martin Luther King h.s. in Detroit. Players from MLK and Pershing have already been to the Convo for the MSU game.

Any players from Detroit Community (ranked 7 - 30) would also be possible recruits, esp. with the Martin verbal. Coach Reeves was a former asst under Boone.

And, of course, the staff will look hard at Romulus. With '12 possible recruit Ray Lee.

Or to look at it another way, most any player who is in Washtenaw, Wayne or Oakland counties. Pretty simple. 03-idea

If I can make it out to MI for this year's high school state playoffs I will.

I could watch Romulus, Detroit Community, Detroit MLK, and Detroit Pershing and I would have seen a lot of 2013 Big Ten/MAC recruiting targets.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2012 05:28 AM by emu steve.)
01-16-2012 05:20 AM
Advertisement

Huron_Over_Eagles Offline
Water Engineer

WOW. A LOT OF TALENT. EMU making the list early says a lot for the coaching staff. Nice work. Cann't wait to see how this developes.

I was at the MSU game. I sat next to a baller. Not one word or reaction to the game. The only time he laughed was during the halftime show. It was outstanding. Thanks NBA.

Leaving the game we waited 10 minutes until the parking lot cleared across the street from Rynearson. We will never park far from the exit again. It reminded me being stuck in the covere parking lot next to the old fieldhouse after watching Earl and Company play.

It will be nice see the Convo Center finally packed. Let's start the campaign now, to rename it to the Murphy Center.
Besides OHIO U had the name first. My vote was the Park Place. Thanks for the web site and info.
01-17-2012 09:30 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

just a quick note:

Don't forget to click on the "MAC" link on the side.

It will give you recruiting stories for all MAC schools.

http://www.recruitrecon.com/index.php?op...Itemid=391

E.g., here is something for Oct 20 - yet Rivals, I believe, still shows him uncommitted and an EMU target. 05-nono

Western Michigan lands skilled 6-8 forward Kellen McCormick
Thursday, 20 October 2011

Those who follow recruiting more closely will note that the MAC's "Natural Rivlas" e.g., Horizon Conference are part of this website.

Can follow what the Big Ten, MAC and Horizon are doing.

I can't wait for '13 recruiting to begin in earnest.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2012 05:59 AM by emu steve.)
01-19-2012 05:52 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(01-17-2012 09:30 PM)Huron_Over_Eagles Wrote:  WOW. A LOT OF TALENT. EMU making the list early says a lot for the coaching staff. Nice work. Cann't wait to see how this developes.

I was at the MSU game. I sat next to a baller. Not one word or reaction to the game. The only time he laughed was during the halftime show. It was outstanding. Thanks NBA.

It would be nice to see a lot of h.s. players come for Saturday's game vs. Toledo.

Quite frankly, the MSU game (I too was there) was a mismatch and had no drama except for Mackeral Jordan's skit as part of the half time show.

The team is playing well and the time (2:00) is right.

As far as I know, high school players can visit (i.e., watch a game) as often as they want except maybe during a few very short periods.
01-19-2012 06:05 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Here is Steve Bell's '14 list (I know...).

http://blog.mlive.com/highschoolbasketba...st_45.html

Once again a lot of talent in S.E. Michigan.

This class might break some hearts here. Two of the top five are from Ypsilanti but will 99% sure will go big time.
01-22-2012 07:19 PM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

This site covers OAKLAND COUNTY, both FB and hoops, but the blogger covers hoops in that county the way Steve Bell covers the state of Michigan.

Dennis will like this site. It is extremely thorough.

http://burneysbytes.blogspot.com/

Also check out the archives. December archive could have been written by Steve Bell. Can you believe top 25 prospects in OC for '15? 04-jawdrop

http://burneysbytes.blogspot.com/2011_12...chive.html

Too bad there isn't such a blog for Wayne County which is also a major hoops talent hub.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012 06:04 AM by emu steve.)
01-25-2012 06:03 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

RE: Basketball Recruiting Site(s)
<Bump>
02-10-2012 01:12 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Bump so Dennis can try to guess who the Clarkston visitor was yesterday afternoon.
02-26-2012 05:52 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2012 05:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Bump so Dennis can try to guess who the Clarkston visitor was yesterday afternoon.
Alan Kamieniecki whose brother Matt plays for Ball State.
02-26-2012 08:15 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(02-26-2012 08:15 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  
(02-26-2012 05:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Bump so Dennis can try to guess who the Clarkston visitor was yesterday afternoon.

I presume Alan was there to watch his brother. I know nothing of his abilities.
02-26-2012 08:32 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(02-26-2012 08:32 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-26-2012 08:15 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

I presume Alan was there to watch his brother. I know nothing of his abilities.
I remember watching the dad, Scott pitch at U-M and then in the major leagues for several years. Matt was pretty well recruited, and Clarkston always has a good team, but I haven't heard much on Alan being a DI recruit. He's a 6-6 F.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 09:03 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
02-26-2012 09:00 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

http://www.ipsbasketball.com/prospects

Another good recruiting site...
02-27-2012 10:07 AM
Dennis Hoopster Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Eagles
With a committment from Ray Lee from Romulus, does anyone think that the staff is done for this spring - re: class of 2012??

Should Murphy save his scholarships or perhaps bring in one more, possibly a shooter????
02-28-2012 05:04 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

I can't see how we have room for any more guys. We lose 4 seniors and gain 5 new players (including Bryant and Harrison). The coaches have probably moved on to 2013 and adding some players to go along with Martin.
02-28-2012 06:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.