Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Red Wolves steal one @ Monroe
Bookmark and Share
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Red Wolves steal one @ Monroe
Trailing by 1 , Marcus Hooten knocks one down with under 5 seconds to go to give stAte the win.

Warhawks got a decent shot off at the buzzer, but it stuck between the backboard in the rim. Never seen a game end with the ball wedged like that.
12-31-2011 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
RE: Red Wolves steal one @ Monroe
We suck this year. Brady is doing the worst coaching job he has ever done.
12-31-2011 07:16 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yeah this isnt Brady's best work. He'll get a pass this year if he can solve the APR mess, but next year is put up or shut up. And im not talking about just winning the division, Im talking about fielding a team that can be competitive in nonconference as well.
12-31-2011 07:31 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

We had 9 turnovers tonight, 1 in the 2nd half.

I'd say that is dramatic improvement and can be attributed to good coaching.

Why do you guys think Brady is doing a poor job coaching? Recruiting I can see - but coaching?

He changed the offense after the season started since Adams got kicked off the team, and that seems to have helped.
12-31-2011 08:06 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-31-2011 08:06 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  We had 9 turnovers tonight, 1 in the 2nd half.

Why do you guys think Brady is doing a poor job coaching? Recruiting I can see - but coaching?

He changed the offense after the season started since Adams got kicked off the team, and that seems to have helped.

Lackluster attendance, consistent player problems, and the inability to play with other nonconference mid major programs

Not to mention he still has yet to recruit a quality guard to ASU.
12-31-2011 08:30 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
(12-31-2011 08:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(12-31-2011 08:06 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  We had 9 turnovers tonight, 1 in the 2nd half.

Lackluster attendance, consistent player problems, and the inability to play with other nonconference mid major programs

holy cow....i could copy and paste that for mcdummy on the hilltoppah board.
12-31-2011 08:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that - but it has nothing to do with the "coaching" job he is doing this year (as opposed to prior years).

BTW - who recruited Brandon Reed?
12-31-2011 09:35 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(12-31-2011 09:35 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  BTW - who recruited Brandon Reed?

Paul Hewitt?
12-31-2011 09:46 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2011 09:46 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  

Paul Hewitt?

LOL - and where did that get him?
12-31-2011 10:10 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
(12-31-2011 10:10 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(12-31-2011 09:46 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  

Paul Hewitt?

LOL - and where did that get him?

To George Mason, on the losing end of games against FAU and FIU.

Moral of the story: Don't steal from the Sun Belt.
12-31-2011 10:30 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(12-31-2011 09:35 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that - but it has nothing to do with the "coaching" job he is doing this year (as opposed to prior years).

Chad Dollar?

and who does he play for again?

Reed said a lot of things about Brady during that mess...we dismissed it as a primadonna trying to get attention, but there might have been something to all that
12-31-2011 10:31 PM
Advertisement

Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas

I think he has recruited a quality guard, maybe two. Problem is others keep recruiting them after he signed them.
12-31-2011 11:45 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(12-31-2011 11:45 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

I think he has recruited a quality guard, maybe two. Problem is others keep recruiting them after he signed them.

That falls on the coach if he can't keep a player. It has nothing to do with ASU. Freeze proved that you can recruit against the big boys and win. Now Malzahn will do the same. Brady has a final four ring to show his recruits and still can't put a team together.
01-01-2012 12:09 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(01-01-2012 12:09 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

That falls on the coach if he can't keep a player. It has nothing to do with ASU. Freeze proved that you can recruit against the big boys and win. Now Malzahn will do the same. Brady has a final four ring to show his recruits and still can't put a team together.
Not many of Feezes recruits played this season, although the ones that did looked very good. Freeze did not lose any key players either. Another plus is Roberts left Freeze with a solid group of players to work with and Im not sure that was the case for Brady.

Probably only a freak injury to their best guard keep ASU out of the NCAA last year. As for this team, lets see where they end up.
01-01-2012 12:22 AM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2011 10:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Chad Dollar?

Reed said a lot of things about Brady during that mess...we dismissed it as a primadonna trying to get attention, but there might have been something to all that

So we both agree that you were dead wrong on your assertion that Brady never recruited a quality guard to ASU.

And we agree that Brady has had problems keeping quality players on campus through graduation . . .
01-01-2012 12:37 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(01-01-2012 12:22 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(01-01-2012 12:09 AM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Not many of Feezes recruits played this season, although the ones that did looked very good. Freeze did not lose any key players either. Another plus is Roberts left Freeze with a solid group of players to work with and Im not sure that was the case for Brady.

Probably only a freak injury to their best guard keep ASU out of the NCAA last year. As for this team, lets see where they end up.

All the players on the basketball team are Brady's recruits except Finn. That being said. None of Brady's players on the team right now are any better than what Nutt left him with. Nutts players actually played better under Brady than the players brady has recruited.
01-01-2012 12:48 AM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(01-01-2012 12:37 AM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  
(12-31-2011 10:31 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Chad Dollar?

So we both agree that you were dead wrong on your assertion that Brady never recruited a quality guard to ASU.

And we agree that Brady has had problems keeping quality players on campus through graduation . . .

Im not sure you understand. Reed signed with ASU because of Chad Dollar, it had very little to do with Brady. When Dollar left, Reed left, and Brady and Reed then engaged in a war of words in the media.

I give Brady very little credit for signing Brandon Reed.
01-01-2012 01:18 AM
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
When simply talking about coaching ability (leaving PR, recruiting, etc out of it), there are three, maybe four good coaches in this league.

John Brady is one of them.

Be careful what you wish for, ASU fans.
01-01-2012 10:30 AM
asuwon Offline
Special Teams

(01-01-2012 10:30 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  When simply talking about coaching ability (leaving PR, recruiting, etc out of it), there are three, maybe four good coaches in this league.

Exactly.

ASU has some morons for fans.
01-01-2012 10:47 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(01-01-2012 10:30 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  When simply talking about coaching ability (leaving PR, recruiting, etc out of it), there are three, maybe four good coaches in this league.

BOP, lets start 2012 off with a bang!! Who are the other 3 good coaches in the league, sir!!

Besides Marlin and Brady... Dont leave me hangin' son!!

Happy New Year!!

Z
01-01-2012 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.