Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Syracuse Leads Nation in Attendance
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

With our last game against Providence (32,900+) Syracuse took back the lead in attendance. Average attendance is over 24,000+

LPT (aka UK) can not overtake Syracuse this year.

04-cheers
03-01-2005 02:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

That is absolutely sick attendance. Syracuse probably makes more money from basketball than most schools make from football.
03-01-2005 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

nflsucks Wrote:That is absolutely sick attendance. Syracuse probably makes more money from basketball than most schools make from football.
Actually Louisville makes more money than anyone at basketball.

[Image: top.gif]
03-01-2005 02:49 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

2004-05 Home Attendance

TEAM GP/TOTAL/ AVG. /SELLOUTS /LARGESTCROWD

Boston College 17/109,495/ 6,441/ 8/ 8,606
Connecticut 15/213,775/ 14,252/ 5*/10* /16,294
Georgetown 14/115,906 /8,279/ - /14,458
Notre Dame 15/158,966/ 10,598/ 7/ 11,418
Pittsburgh 17/179,598 /10,565/ 3 /12,508
Providence 16/155,443/ 9,715 /4 /12,993
Rutgers 14/94,126 /6,723 /5 /8,079
St. John's 15/96,216 /6,414/ - /16,290
Seton Hall 15/109,152 /7,277/ - /9,611
Syracuse 18/433,941/ 24,108/ -/ 33,199
Villanova 15/125,622/ 8,375/ 12^/1^ /19,966
West Virginia 14/119,145/ 8,510/ 3 /13,956
TOTALS 185/1,911,385/ 10,332 /57/ 33,199

Largest Crowd: Notre Dame at Syracuse - 33,199 (Feb. 5, 2005)
* Sellout at Gampel Pavilion/Sellout at Hartford Civic Center
^ Sellout at The Pavilion/Sellout at the Wachovia Center
03-01-2005 02:57 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Number is a little misleading because Syracuse has the biggest stadium of everyone. I can tell you UCONN sells out every single game this year at both Gample and Hartford Civic Center. If we have a 20K place, I have no doubt we would sell it out every game. Gample is way too small but it was built a long time ago. UCONN needs a bigger place to play.
03-01-2005 04:42 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

UConn even sells out women's games at the Hartford Civic Center. :eek: (Insane, I Know) :)
03-01-2005 06:24 PM
Advertisement

bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Looks like that would put UL #2 in the NBE and UC #4 for bball attendance. Rumor has it UC will be building a new arena since the Shoe only holds 13,176.
03-01-2005 06:38 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

The basketball culture that is going to exist in the BE next year is going to be amazing....the 16 team league isn't going to last very long but it is going to be a fun hoops ride while it is around

Jackson
03-01-2005 06:50 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

SF Husky Wrote:Number is a little misleading because Syracuse has the biggest stadium of everyone. I can tell you UCONN sells out every single game this year at both Gample and Hartford Civic Center. If we have a 20K place, I have no doubt we would sell it out every game. Gample is way too small but it was built a long time ago. UCONN needs a bigger place to play.
Misleading? BS

Everyone knows the Carrier Dome is the biggest facility.

As far as your little arena oncampus--build a bigger one. Of course , you won't get 20,000 to track into Storrs for a game on a Wednesday night-- you'd still have to play your big games in Hartford. Face it: 33,000>16,000
03-01-2005 11:48 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

TexanMark Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:Number is a little misleading because Syracuse has the biggest stadium of everyone.  I can tell you UCONN sells out every single game this year at both Gample and Hartford Civic Center.  If we have a 20K place, I have no doubt we would sell it out every game.  Gample is way too small but it was built a long time ago.  UCONN needs a bigger place to play.
Misleading? BS

As far as your little arena oncampus--build a bigger one. Of course , you won't get 20,000 to track into Storrs for a game on a Wednesday night-- you'd still have to play your big games in Hartford. Face it: 33,000>16,000
Hey I am not going to argue. If you want to look at basketball revenue per school, lets include both men and women basketball since women's bball is a revenue generator for UCONN. I think Carrier's Dome is a great place but it was designed for football.

As for 20,000 on campus, why not? I think students will eat those tickets up easily if people dont show up. The problem is parking at UCONN is a freaking nightmare.
03-02-2005 02:09 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

SF Husky Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:Number is a little misleading because Syracuse has the biggest stadium of everyone.  I can tell you UCONN sells out every single game this year at both Gample and Hartford Civic Center.  If we have a 20K place, I have no doubt we would sell it out every game.  Gample is way too small but it was built a long time ago.  UCONN needs a bigger place to play.
Misleading? BS

Hey I am not going to argue. If you want to look at basketball revenue per school, lets include both men and women basketball since women's bball is a revenue generator for UCONN. I think Carrier's Dome is a great place but it was designed for football.

As for 20,000 on campus, why not? I think students will eat those tickets up easily if people dont show up. The problem is parking at UCONN is a freaking nightmare.
Hence my comment about not getting 20,000 to a game on campus at Storrs....BTW, nag basketball is unwatchable--I don't care about it...the only women's sport I'll watch is Tennis for obvious reasons. Look forward to this weekend's game at Gampel--can't believe we are playing oncampus due to the Nags playing at HCC. I suspect you'll win due to the home court but this could be the year for the Orange at MSG. Hope to see the Rent this Fall--RU coming out from Cali for any games?
03-02-2005 02:30 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

TexanMark Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:
TexanMark Wrote:
Misleading? BS

Hence my comment about not getting 20,000 to a game on campus at Storrs....BTW, nag basketball is unwatchable--I don't care about it...the only women's sport I'll watch is Tennis for obvious reasons. Look forward to this weekend's game at Gampel--can't believe we are playing oncampus due to the Nags playing at HCC. I suspect you'll win due to the home court but this could be the year for the Orange at MSG. Hope to see the Rent this Fall--RU coming out from Cali for any games?
TexanMark - The nags do bring fans out. They sell out for all games at UCONN too, so they generate a lot of money for the sports program. UCONN women generates more revenue than 50% of football schools in the country.

This weekend's game will be good. I am picking my Huskies to beat the Cuse at Gample. The place will be rocking as usual.

As making a trip out to see the Rent, I would love to do it. The only issue is traveling to the East Coast for a football game is easily an one week affair. It takes 2 days to get to CT and back to SF. I have not been back to campus for years. All my brothers follow UCONN because two of us graduated from there and we all grew up in CT.

I think in couple of years UCONN vs. Cuse football will be nationally televised. This will be a football rivarly with two neighboring schools. It will be good for New England. I dont really consider RU our rival because they just suck in everything.
03-02-2005 04:47 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

bearcatstubb Wrote:Looks like that would put UL #2 in the NBE and UC #4 for bball attendance. Rumor has it UC will be building a new arena since the Shoe only holds 13,176.
The Shoe is what 15 years old. Why not renovate or just expand The Shoe.
03-02-2005 05:00 PM
bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

It's actually more expensive to renovate....The Shoe was built as a multi-purpose facility and if you have been in it the sight lines from the corners are awful....The open spaces also allows a lot of the noise to escape.....We have heard the will likely build on the existing site and play downtown for a year....Just a rumor, but one many people think will come true....especially if demand for BE tickets is as strong as expected.
03-02-2005 05:06 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

bearcatstubb Wrote:It's actually more expensive to renovate....The Shoe was built as a multi-purpose facility and if you have been in it the sight lines from the corners are awful....The open spaces also allows a lot of the noise to escape.....We have heard the will likely build on the existing site and play downtown for a year....Just a rumor, but one many people think will come true....especially if demand for BE tickets is as strong as expected.
If teams like UCONN and CUSE are coming to town, you bet your house there will be demand. Next year's UCONN team gonna be #1 preseason unless 3 players leave for the NBA. We should be loaded to the tilt next year. Remember, no one graduates this year and we only got one junior on the team. We are adding another huge recruiting class and we are already in the ears of number of top 30 players in the country.
03-02-2005 05:09 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

SF Husky Wrote:
bearcatstubb Wrote:It's actually more expensive to renovate....The Shoe was built as a multi-purpose facility and if you have been in it the sight lines from the corners are awful....The open spaces also allows a lot of the noise to escape.....We have heard the will likely build on the existing site and play downtown for a year....Just a rumor, but one many people think will come true....especially if demand for BE tickets is as strong as expected.
If teams like UCONN and CUSE are coming to town, you bet your house there will be demand. Next year's UCONN team gonna be #1 preseason unless 3 players leave for the NBA. We should be loaded to the tilt next year. Remember, no one graduates this year and we only got one junior on the team. We are adding another huge recruiting class and we are already in the ears of number of top 30 players in the country.
Louisville will have a huge say on who will win the Big East next season. Even though we will lose Francisco Garcia to the NBA we will get back TaQuan Dean, Tello Palacios-(I can't wait for his matchup with Rudy Gay), David Padgett will be eligible and Brian Johnson should be back from his injury.

Now hopefully Amir Johnson shows up instead of testing the NBA waters.
03-02-2005 07:08 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:
Louisville will have a huge say on who will win the Big East next season. Even though we will lose Francisco Garcia to the NBA we will get back TaQuan Dean, Tello Palacios-(I can't wait for his matchup with Rudy Gay), David Padgett will be eligible and Brian Johnson should be back from his injury.

Now hopefully Amir Johnson shows up instead of testing the NBA waters.
Should be a great matchup. Cards vs. UCONN at Storrs or at Freedom Hall. It will be great. I think it will be exciting cause both teams gonna want to run up and down.
03-03-2005 12:21 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

Question, is Charlie V. and Josh Boone coming back.
03-03-2005 07:46 AM
bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

UC will be loaded as well next year....4 starters back.
03-03-2005 05:07 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

Maize Wrote:Question, is Charlie V. and Josh Boone coming back.
Both Josh and Charlie have said they are coming back. Charlie was on TV saying the other day he is not ready for the NBA yet. Well, things can change quickly with these kids. Charlie is playing well right now, so I would expect him to test the NBA water.

We are bringing top 15 player in Andrew Byrum who is 7 feet tall. He is a monster right now. We also got a 4 in Jeff Adrian and a 3 in Marcus Johnson. Andrew is the only one who made it to the McD game. However, I trust Jim Calhoun's assessment of talent way more than those guys at McD. Remember both Emeka and Ben Gordon were not McD players. That either means UCONN is great at developing players or they were overlooked. I suspect a little bit of both. We also should get our stud recruit AJ Price for next year. AJ did not get off the bench this year due to medical issues.

Either way, UCONN is loaded to the max next year and we should be preseason top 5 if not #1. I hope we make it to St. Louis this year but next year we really will be awesome. If there is a weakness this year, it is depth at PG. If Marcus Williams is hurt or in foul trouble, we could be in trouble.

It will be a fun league next year. I hope we get to play everyone in the league.
03-03-2005 06:54 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.