Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
UC football schedule
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Using info from the other schedules posted today and other school sites, UC's schedule looks like this -

9/3 EASTERN MICHIGAN HOME
9/10 PENN STATE AWAY
9/17 WESTERN CAROLINA HOME
9/24 MIAMI OF OHI0 AWAY
TBA PITTSBURGH AWAY TBA looks like sometime in between 9/24 and 10/15
10/15 CONNECTICUT HOME
10/22 LOUISVILLE HOME
10/29 SYRACUSE AWAY
11/9 WEST VIRGINIA HOME
11/19 SOUTH FLORIDA AWAY
11/26 RUTGERS AWAY
03-04-2005 01:39 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

We play @ Syracuse again? I thought they came to UC this year.
03-04-2005 01:50 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

bearcatfan Wrote:10/29 SYRACUSE AWAY
Dammit!
UC has a terrible record in domes. Its time to break that streak! :D
03-04-2005 01:52 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

mlbUC Wrote:We play @ Syracuse again? I thought they came to UC this year.
According to their website we do.
03-04-2005 01:52 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:We play @ Syracuse again? I thought they came to UC this year.

-- WVU has to play @ Rutgers again this yr at well....there is a lot of scheduling problems with so many new teams coming in

Quote:11/9 WEST VIRGINIA HOME

-- Its good for UC that this is a wed night/espn game...but its a shame this isn't going to be on a Sat...I know many WVU fans were going to make the trip over if it was on a weekend...myself included

Jackson
03-04-2005 02:00 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

Jackson1011 Wrote:
Quote:We play @ Syracuse again? I thought they came to UC this year.

-- WVU has to play @ Rutgers again this yr at well....there is a lot of scheduling problems with so many new teams coming in

Quote:11/9 WEST VIRGINIA HOME

-- Its good for UC that this is a wed night/espn game...but its a shame this isn't going to be on a Sat...I know many WVU fans were going to make the trip over if it was on a weekend...myself included

Jackson
WVU brought a crowd on their last visit here.

This could turn into a nice rivalry.
03-04-2005 02:14 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

mlbUC Wrote:We play @ Syracuse again? I thought they came to UC this year.
Yes--last year wasn't a league game.
03-04-2005 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

I realize that, but I figured they had worked out some sort of deal to send Syracuse back to Cincinnati this year.
03-04-2005 02:36 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

mlbUC Wrote:I realize that, but I figured they had worked out some sort of deal to send Syracuse back to Cincinnati this year.
Normally, yes. The problem is the uneven schedule from 8 teams. Last year Syracuse only had 3 Home League games and 5 total Home games due to the ACC scheduling fiasco.

I wish Cinci didn't get screwed, the SU AD Dept didn't want Cinci to have to play twice in Syracuse--especially after Cinci helped out the Cuse with the 2004 schedule at the last minute. File it under: Poo Poo Happens

Bottomline: Short term pain for long term gain.... 04-cheers
03-04-2005 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Dang, I was gonna go to the Cincy game as well.
03-04-2005 04:42 PM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators

nflsucks Wrote:Dang, I was gonna go to the Cincy game as well.
Sounds like a vacation road trip :). I'll be leaving work early on Wednesday, driving down to Cincy for the game, and probably taking the next day off work.
03-04-2005 05:49 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

TexanMark Wrote:Bottomline: Short term pain for long term gain.... 04-cheers
Amen! If someone had told me that UC would have to give up ONE home game to Syracuse in order to be a Big East member I would be partying in the street! I am seriously psyched for UC football this year!
03-04-2005 06:59 PM
zelinleaf Offline
Special Teams

This will be a second year in a row that UC gets only 5 home games on an 11-game schedule :bang:
The way the 2005 home slate is set up, I'm not very optimistic about the cats' attendance figures. 2 home games before school begins against Eastern Michigan and Western Carolina aren't really good formulas in drawing crowds. They play away in Oxford so there goes a near sellout. Then add the Weds night game vs. WVU...
On the flip side, the cats do have an inexperienced team starting out, so the 2 early home games could help as confidence builders of sorts if they win them. With the way many fans react in Cincy, getting to a good start will be essential for good turnouts at home. Things could still be alright, it just seems like the odd are stacked against them drawing 30k+ average.
03-05-2005 03:48 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!

yipg Wrote:This will be a second year in a row that UC gets only 5 home games on an 11-game schedule :bang:
The way the 2005 home slate is set up, I'm not very optimistic about the cats' attendance figures. 2 home games before school begins against Eastern Michigan and Western Carolina aren't really good formulas in drawing crowds. They play away in Oxford so there goes a near sellout. Then add the Weds night game vs. WVU...
On the flip side, the cats do have an inexperienced team starting out, so the 2 early home games could help as confidence builders of sorts if they win them. With the way many fans react in Cincy, getting to a good start will be essential for good turnouts at home. Things could still be alright, it just seems like the odd are stacked against them drawing 30k+ average.
yup
03-09-2005 10:28 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

We will have to be patient. It's a big transition and playing Eastern Mich and Western Carolina early will help us in experience, if not in attendance.

I know many schools post future schedules, but I have never been able to find anything for UC. Does anyone know which schools we may be playing in the next few years?

I think we have another game at OSU.
03-09-2005 10:43 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

mlbUC Wrote:I realize that, but I figured they had worked out some sort of deal to send Syracuse back to Cincinnati this year.
My understanding is that the new programs agreed to make some concessions in the initial scheduling to help ease the conference into its first realigned season. Note Louisville @ UConn in freaking December. The only regular season game I'd like to see on th schedule in December is @ USF.
03-09-2005 11:04 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.