Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Question for UC, UL and USF fans
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Hey guys...I was just going through the threads on the BE football TV schedule and a thought occured to me....Was there a CUSA game of the week that was televised weekly on local TV? That's one of the things I really enjoy about BE football is no matter what the national TV schedule looks like....the BE game of the week will always be on TV in Tampa and from New England to Kentucky

Jackson
03-08-2005 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

C-USA never had a game of the week, the teams just televised their own games, through their independent TV Contracts
03-08-2005 04:35 PM
RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina

That is not true. Fox Sports Net used to do a CUSA game of the week before ESPN was brought into the picture.
03-08-2005 04:37 PM
Advertisement

UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

C-USA also hadFSN, then ESPN, but for games that were not on those channels, it was just the games being televised locally. But there was still no C-USA Football game of the Week, unless FSN had it. which i don't recall
03-08-2005 05:47 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Local Fox affiliates here in Cincinnati showed double-headers of C-USA games every week (Example, we could see UAB vs Memphis or St. Louis vs Marquette back-to-back).
03-08-2005 06:04 PM
Advertisement

David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

When the conference first started it was on my local FSN Sports Station.
03-08-2005 06:24 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

Cat's_Claw Wrote:Local Fox affiliates here in Cincinnati showed double-headers of C-USA games every week (Example, we could see UAB vs Memphis or St. Louis vs Marquette back-to-back).
that was only for basketball, Jackson is talking about football
03-08-2005 11:45 PM
Advertisement

Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

Jackson1011 Wrote:Was there a CUSA game of the week that was televised weekly on local TV?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Wow! Always good to start the day with a laugh!
03-09-2005 09:10 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

ucbearcat4ever Wrote:
Cat's_Claw Wrote:Local Fox affiliates here in Cincinnati showed double-headers of C-USA games every week (Example, we could see UAB vs Memphis or St. Louis vs Marquette back-to-back).
that was only for basketball, Jackson is talking about football
I remember CUSA football games on Saturdays weekly on Fox Sports Net here in Cincinnati for at least one season, maybe 2.

I went to a UC game that was televised and was agonizingly slow due to tv timeouts.
03-09-2005 09:20 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Well, I am glad we will be getting a consistant Big East Game of the week from ESPN Plus. We have 12 National/Regional dates with ABC/ESPN and that is a good start.

I expect a few more games to be picked up by the folks at Disney-(The Louisville-West Virginia for example).
03-09-2005 09:24 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

UC beat Wisconsin on the CUSA game of the week. Wisconsin was ranked 12th at the time I believe, and had Ron Dayne as a senior. He ran all over the Bearcats that day (200+ yards), but fumbled the ball late allowing UC to hold on to win the game.
03-09-2005 09:38 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.