Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
12-game season gets pre-approval.....
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina

Crappies

<a href='http://www2.ncaa.org/media_and_events/association_news/association_updates/2005/april/0412_D1MC.html' target='_blank'>12-game season gets pre-approval</a>
04-12-2005 09:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

Thanks for the link

Gotta be a positive for ECU
04-12-2005 09:51 AM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

Crappies

TexanMark Wrote:Gotta be a positive for ECU
That's what we're hoping......
04-12-2005 09:55 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

So funny to hear all the rationale against a playoff system, that included "we don't want the kids to spend too much time away from school..." So they started playing the last BCS bowl games on the weeknights at the beginning of winter quarter/semester, and now they are adding an extra regular season game :laugh:
04-12-2005 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

means ECU can schedule another Carolina area non confrence game.
04-12-2005 10:59 AM
Advertisement

Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

It will be interesting to see is the larger conferences use the extra game to schedule a conference member as an out of conference game. I know some of the ACC schools didn't like not being able to play traditional rivals every year after expansion. I think I read somewhere that if the 12 game regular season passed, there might be an opportunity for two schools from the same conference to play each other as an out of conference game. I guess the advantage of being an eight school conference is that you get to play each team in you conference each season. The obivous disadvantage a 12 game schedule causes an eight school conference is that each school has to find 5 out of conference schools to play each year. It will be interesting to see if the Big East stays at 8 football playing schools.
04-12-2005 12:03 PM
RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

TopCoog Wrote:means ECU can schedule another Carolina area non confrence game.
Maybe now Houston can schedule future conference mate La. Tech. And you'll can start planning the SWC II revival.

:wave:
04-12-2005 12:03 PM
ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

I Root For: ACC
SkunkworksDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals

TopCoog Wrote:means ECU can schedule another Carolina area non confrence game.
It'll either cause...

a) Wake Forest and/or Duke to schedule future games with East Carolina, OR...
b) ECU to schedule games with schools like Appalachian State, William & Mary, Furman, Western Carolina, etc, etc, OR...
c) all the above.
04-12-2005 12:12 PM
All American

I Root For:

You are right Mongo. A 12 game schedule will cut out one of the excuses NC State & UNC have used to rationalize why they will not play ECU.
04-12-2005 12:22 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Brick City Pirate Wrote:You are right Mongo. A 12 game schedule will cut out one of the excuses NC State & UNC have used to rationalize why they will not play ECU.
BCP.. you and I both know North Carolina and NC State will invent an excuse, or a black helicopter theory. Besides, both schools will say, "the Pirates are already on our future schedules, home and home.. what more do you want..?"

Therefore, I doubt either school will use the 12-game as an opportunity to add ECU to the schedule. As long as NC State can schedule Western Carolina, Eastern Kentucky, etc, and get away with it, they will. Same with North Carolina. They'll just add games with William & Mary, James Madison, maybe a Marshall.

More than likely, I (would hope to) see option "b" from my above post.
04-12-2005 12:29 PM
RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

Mongo,

I think it is pretty claer that noone inside or near the Pirate Nation gives a Rats ****** what your opinions are in regards to ECU..

Now carry your fat ****** on over to the ACC board and worry about what is going on with them!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
04-12-2005 12:34 PM
All American

I Root For:

Mongo, I don't have a problem playing the 1aa schools. I actually think Coach Holland intends to develope more regional schedules for the non-revenue sports. It's my understanding that Coach Holland also would like to see UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, etc. play basketball in Greenville. You just never know when political pressure might kick in, that will persuade those ACC schools to travel to Greenville. After all, the Presidents of UNC & Duke voted against ACC expansion so the athletes wouldn't get hurt academically due to excessive travel. Playing ECU in Greenville will help those student-athletes.
04-12-2005 12:40 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

River city...the SWC II revival has already happened. You guys are a part of it.
04-12-2005 12:42 PM
Advertisement

All American

I Root For:

TopCoog, Does that mean we can start wearing cowboy hats? :D
04-12-2005 12:49 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

You bet !!!
04-12-2005 12:51 PM
Capital Pirate Offline
All American

Crappies

Brick City Pirate Wrote:Mongo, I don't have a problem playing the 1aa schools. I actually think Coach Holland intends to develope more regional schedules for the non-revenue sports. It's my understanding that Coach Holland also would like to see UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, etc. play basketball in Greenville. You just never know when political pressure might kick in, that will persuade those ACC schools to travel to Greenville. After all, the Presidents of UNC & Duke voted against ACC expansion so the athletes wouldn't get hurt academically due to excessive travel. Playing ECU in Greenville will help those student-athletes.
Well....now that the NCAA is allowin 1 D-1AA game to count EACH season, you can cold believe that folks like unc-ch and ncsu will load up on them for a 12th game....and I have NO problem with ECU following suit. A good regional game would be great every year.....
04-12-2005 12:51 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

[Image: 4.10b_small.jpg]

I hope that ECU gets the invite. Great SURF trips up the east coast. That means every other year I don't need an excuse to go surfing in N. Carolina.

Go BULLS............ 04-cheers
04-12-2005 01:10 PM
Advertisement

ecuacc4ever Offline
Resident Geek Musician

Quote:Mongo, I don't have a problem playing the 1aa schools.
Same here. If Holland will schedule some of them, I'll shut up about my "Southern Conference" theory and re-up with the PC.

Quote:I actually think Coach Holland intends to develope more regional schedules for the non-revenue sports.
That's nice. BTW.. are you coming up here (Chapel Hill) for the UNC/ECU baseball game next month...?

Quote:It's my understanding that Coach Holland also would like to see UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, etc. play basketball in Greenville.
Lofty goal, and I think both of us realize it. If he gets even one of them to play men's hoops in Trade Mart Arena, they should erect a statue of him next to the Pirate statue outside of Ficklen.

Quote:You just never know when political pressure might kick in, that will persuade those ACC schools to travel to Greenville.
Not sure if the politicians have the same clout and/or leverage now that the RBC Center is up and functioning.

Quote:After all, the Presidents of UNC & Duke voted against ACC expansion so the athletes wouldn't get hurt academically due to excessive travel.
That has nothing to do with ECU...lol

Quote:Playing ECU in Greenville will help those student-athletes.
So does getting schools like Richmond, William & Mary, etc to come to Chapel Hill and Durham for football.
04-12-2005 01:28 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

What brand, color and length is your Ax?
04-12-2005 07:26 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.