UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jekore Tyler needs to get more minutes
jayblazer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB, Tennessee
Jekore Tyler needs to get more minutes
Just an observation, but the team plays so much better when Tyler is running the show. Last night against Troy the offense was stagnant and did nothing in the first half. With Qunicy there was no ball movement, no passes into the post and for sure no drives to the basket. That all changed in the second half with Tyler and thats when we finally pulled away. Tyler's defense is also far superior. I feel like thats been the story all year and I hope that we can get him some more minutes. What do you all think?
11-23-2011 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Jekore Tyler needs to get more minutes
I agree with what you have written, but IMHO, it depends which Jekore shows up. What I mean is it the Jekore that is playng point guard and gets others involved or the one who wants others to set picks and so he can drive.

Don't get me wrong, this is not his natural position and he has been forced into this role and I think he is anoustanding player and competitor who really wants to win.
11-23-2011 01:36 PM
Rebounder2u Offline
1st String

I Root For: Blazers
Tyler is playing better then Quincy right now, and you hit on alot of the reasons why Tyler should get more playing time.
11-23-2011 01:37 PM
jayblazer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB, Tennessee
(11-23-2011 01:36 PM)Jball Wrote:  I agree with what you have written, but IMHO, it depends which Jekore shows up. What I mean is it the Jekore that is playng point guard and gets others involved or the one who wants others to set picks and so he can drive.

Don't get me wrong, this is not his natural position and he has been forced into this role and I think he is anoustanding player and competitor who really wants to win.

I agree that Tyler is a bit of a wild card, but I am confident that he will improve his "control" on the offense as the season progresses. As for Quincy, I hate to say it, but after watching him last year and at the start of this season (a small sample size for sure) I just don't see what he brings to the table. His shooting is subpar, no aggressiveness to the basket, and he is getting beat on defense all the time. I just don't see why his play warrants his starting spot or minutes. But, maybe Tyler's style is better suited as a "spark" off the bench?
11-23-2011 01:50 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
Everyone has harped on his need for increased minutes this year. We've also harped on decreasing KC's QT's minutes.

Maybe Davis sees something that ALL of us don't ??
11-23-2011 02:14 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I think Jerkore is very talented, but I think that Quincy is a better true point. Jerkore reminds me of the early Paul Delaney. He can break the other team down and penetrate, he's a threat that opens up the defense, but he's not that good at just bringing it up and setting up others.

Q needs to improve his play, yes, and for now I'm not sure that Tyler isn't a better option for us, but I don't think he's really the solution at PG.
11-23-2011 02:32 PM
BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(11-23-2011 02:32 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Jerkore reminds me of the early Paul Delaney.

Yep. I made that comment to someone yesterday. He's not a true PG or a true SG. He's one of those tweeners with lots of athletic ability that brings instant energy and excitement into the game. You can see how the rhythm of the game increases immediately when he enters the game. He needs to be getting more quality time.
11-23-2011 02:36 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

Is Tyler a JUCO?
11-23-2011 04:10 PM
dragondrummer Offline
1st String

(11-23-2011 04:10 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Is Tyler a JUCO?

Yeah, he is a junior with 2 years of eligibility. I think he came from the same Juco as Scotland-Williamson.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011 04:16 PM by dragondrummer.)
11-23-2011 04:16 PM
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2011 02:32 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  I think Jerkore is very talented, but I think that Quincy is a better true point. Jerkore reminds me of the early Paul Delaney. He can break the other team down and penetrate, he's a threat that opens up the defense, but he's not that good at just bringing it up and setting up others.

Q needs to improve his play, yes, and for now I'm not sure that Tyler isn't a better option for us, but I don't think he's really the solution at PG.

Man, what did Jekore do to you? 03-lmfao
11-23-2011 04:26 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

As many strengths and weaknesses and unpredictabilities(is that a word?) that you all contend that both designated point guards have, why not just start freshman Isaih "Hoopy" Jones at point guard. I wouldn't be surprised if he out played his fellow upperclassmen. Lol. So far the point guards have been average to sub par for three games. Too many turnovers, poor shooting percentages, very few assists, hardly any rebounds. Duh!

The guys were tied at halftime, at home against Troy. They win by ten, at home against Troy. That is not a good sign, gents.

Friday they get to play a REAL Division 1 team on the road, and in a hostile environment. Oh boy.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011 04:32 PM by TheGORILLA.)
11-23-2011 04:26 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Hoopy isn't eligible for this season. Duh!
11-23-2011 04:28 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

Oh. I didn't know that. Well, I am beginning to think that I don't blame Herb Harrison for possibly red shirting this season. At this rate, they are going to suffer a lot of losses. They might even set a record for losses for a season. What is UABs worst season in its history. How many wins and losses did they have?
11-23-2011 04:36 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

(11-23-2011 04:36 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Oh. I didn't know that. Well, I am beginning to think that I don't blame Herb Harrison for possibly red shirting this season. At this rate, they are going to suffer a lot of losses. They might even set a record for losses for a season. What is UABs worst season in its history. How many wins and losses did they have?

It's still very early. Don't jump off the cliff yet.
11-23-2011 04:38 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I think Mike Davis's first season was UAB's worst season ever. 15-17 I believe? He set the bar very high for himself..
11-23-2011 04:43 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(11-23-2011 04:38 PM)BlazerGrad88 Wrote:  
(11-23-2011 04:36 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Oh. I didn't know that. Well, I am beginning to think that I don't blame Herb Harrison for possibly red shirting this season. At this rate, they are going to suffer a lot of losses. They might even set a record for losses for a season. What is UABs worst season in its history. How many wins and losses did they have?

It's still very early. Don't jump off the cliff yet.

Eh, if he really wants to go it just means more food at the buffet for us. 04-rock
11-23-2011 04:48 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-23-2011 04:43 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I think Mike Davis's first season was UAB's worst season ever. 15-17 I believe? He set the bar very high for himself..

No, Murry holds the distinction of having the worst record in 2001-02 with a 13-17 record.

Davis's first year was 15-16.
11-23-2011 05:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.