Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East-BYU Talks End
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
Big East-BYU Talks End
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 08:22 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-22-2011 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cooglius Caeser Offline
Banned

RE: Big East-BYU Talks End
Well, that's not good but it was a long-shot for a long time. You can't have everything you want at the same time.
11-22-2011 08:38 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
That's fine with me.
11-22-2011 08:40 PM
Attackcoog Online

(11-22-2011 08:38 PM)Cooglius Caeser Wrote:  Well, that's not good but it was a long-shot for a long time. You can't have everything you want at the same time.

More or less think it is time to slow down and do a comprehensive search of all the available western teams. There really is no longer any reason to rush. They are going to be stuck with this decision for a long time, it shouldnt be a hurried rush to grab the first warm body available just to be able to announce something. They really need to get this right.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 08:50 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-22-2011 08:47 PM
Advertisement

SmallVoice Offline
Silly String

I Root For: Louisville
If both sides had any idea where the other stood on this particular issue, why were we being led to believe that BYU to the BE was even a remote possibility? This is just weird.
11-22-2011 08:47 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Would have been nice, but this is not the end of the world. They sound a bit too high maintenance. Maybe now we can get things moving finally and get to our final 12 team conference.
11-22-2011 08:50 PM
Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(11-22-2011 08:47 PM)SmallVoice Wrote:  If both sides had any idea where the other stood on this particular issue, why were we being led to believe that BYU to the BE was even a remote possibility? This is just weird.

In an earlier article it was stated that they had agreed to terms but when it was sent to be reviewed, BYU made last second changes and that broke the deal. They went at it again for the last two days but apparently it's a no go.

Sooooo, bring on SDSU and lets get this thing done. 04-rock
11-22-2011 08:54 PM
Advertisement

SmallVoice Offline
Silly String

(11-22-2011 08:54 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  Sooooo, bring on SDSU and lets get this thing done. 04-rock

Amen to that. Let's get this crap decided by the end of November.
11-22-2011 08:56 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
(11-22-2011 08:54 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(11-22-2011 08:47 PM)SmallVoice Wrote:  If both sides had any idea where the other stood on this particular issue, why were we being led to believe that BYU to the BE was even a remote possibility? This is just weird.

In an earlier article it was stated that they had agreed to terms but when it was sent to be reviewed, BYU made last second changes and that broke the deal. They went at it again for the last two days but apparently it's a no go.

Sooooo, bring on SDSU and lets get this thing done. 04-rock

BYU think their like Texas.. you think you got a deal, but then they come back with wanting more..

I said this before this is for the best....

SDSU is not bad pick up we spent some years with them..,
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2011 09:09 PM by Fear The Frog.)
11-22-2011 09:07 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
It sucks the Big East won't be getting BYU, but like someone already said, they think they're Texas, and as my fellow Coogs fans will tell you, being in a conference with a diva for a school like Texas was hell. If they didn't get their way, they threaten to destroy the conference they're in. The trouble is, it worked before and that's why they keep using that tactic. And it would've been for football only.

How about throwing Tulsa a bone and invite them in all sports?
11-22-2011 09:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mestophalies Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
(11-22-2011 09:25 PM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  It sucks the Big East won't be getting BYU, but like someone already said, they think they're Texas, and as my fellow Coogs fans will tell you, being in a conference with a diva for a school like Texas was hell. If they didn't get their way, they threaten to destroy the conference they're in. The trouble is, it worked before and that's why they keep using that tactic. And it would've been for football only.

Hey I've suggested Tulsa and Nevada in the past. Tulsa is a good school with a good program. The area has been expanding every year except this one. :soapbox:
11-22-2011 09:31 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(11-22-2011 09:31 PM)Mestophalies Wrote:  
(11-22-2011 09:25 PM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  It sucks the Big East won't be getting BYU, but like someone already said, they think they're Texas, and as my fellow Coogs fans will tell you, being in a conference with a diva for a school like Texas was hell. If they didn't get their way, they threaten to destroy the conference they're in. The trouble is, it worked before and that's why they keep using that tactic. And it would've been for football only.

Hey I've suggested Tulsa and Nevada in the past. Tulsa is a good school with a good program. The area has been expanding every year except this one. :soapbox:

Oh. I didn't know that. Glad we're on the same page. 04-cheers
11-22-2011 09:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lastchance82 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers, BE
I'm afraid Tulsa may suffer from the same disease as ECU.
11-22-2011 09:52 PM
SmallVoice Offline
Silly String

Tulsa's a very respectable little program. But they're a tiny, church-related school and they'll never be more than they are. I doubt they even bring much of the Tulsa market, since OU & OSU are so both so strong there. SDSU is the only school of any interest in a county of more than 3 million people.
11-22-2011 09:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.