Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Twilight / serious question
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Twilight / serious question
Before you answer, do not get into anything that "happens" past the first movie and what it covers.

I caught the first one on tv the other night... I have since watched it twice on FX in the last month. I have not seen any of the other movies in the series but I had a few questions to ask

1) Is Bella a vampire or a werewolf? Something else entirely? It seemed like to me she was running away from a situation and decided to stay with her dad.

2) What is the deal with Edward and his family versus those vampires they meet up with in teh woods while they are playing baseball?

3) IT seemed Jacob was kind of a outcast.... and he kind of disappeared in the movie after they went to the beach and he tried to tell Bella about the town.
11-20-2011 08:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Twilight / serious question
I didn't know dudes actually watched that lame show.
11-21-2011 09:22 AM
Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
I'll tell you this much, after seeing Underworld, I made the statement that you pretty much can't go wrong making a movie about werewolves vs vampires.

Twilight may have proved me wrong. But, I'll never know b/c I'm not gonna watch these girl movies!
11-21-2011 10:23 AM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
I've never purposefully watched a second of this series, but I do know that Bella isn't a vampire.

She's just boring.
11-21-2011 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
The short answer is don't watch these movies or waste your time on wondering what's going on because honestly they'll just rot your brain.

The serious answer is she's human. She's a miserable, pissed off teenage girl which makes her appealing to a market segment (also pissed off teenage girls) who can identify and is therefore very profitable. Edward's family are the most lame vampires in the history of vampires. They don't drink human blood for whatever retarded reason. The other vampires do I guess. They're dicks but much cooler.
11-21-2011 11:41 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-20-2011 08:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Before you answer, do not get into anything that "happens" past the first movie and what it covers.

I caught the first one on tv the other night... I have since watched it twice on FX in the last month. I have not seen any of the other movies in the series but I had a few questions to ask

1) Is Bella a vampire or a werewolf? Something else entirely? It seemed like to me she was running away from a situation and decided to stay with her dad.

2) What is the deal with Edward and his family versus those vampires they meet up with in teh woods while they are playing baseball?

3) IT seemed Jacob was kind of a outcast.... and he kind of disappeared in the movie after they went to the beach and he tried to tell Bella about the town.

Unfortunately I can answer these questions because I have a wife who read the books and likes the movies (she's not like the people who line up at midnight to watch them or any of the other things the psychotic people who enjoy these movies do, though. She waits until they come to the store. I watch with her because she endures my sports addicitons and turn about is fair play.)

First, these movies are freaking awful. They are mamby pamby teenage love crap, only with vampires and werewolves. And the teenage love crap is worse in these movies because all the girls does is cry. All the time. For two and a half hours. It's painful. But...

1. No, she's just regular girl. Who cries all the time. All the time. ALL THE TIME. She lives with her dad because her mom is married to a baseball player and moves a lot. And she cries all the time.

2. The vampires that Bella hangs with don't feed on humans. The other ones do. So they don't get along. I think there is more to it, but I think Bella was crying while they were explaining it so I blacked out and missed it.

3. Jacob lives on a native american reservation. Some of that tribe are werewolves. The whatever-it-is that makes them werewolves hits them when they are teenagers. It hits him. He's in love with Bella. The tribe of werewolves and the vampires that Bella hangs out with have a treaty that they won't enter each others land and they don't really like one another. Jacob cries a alot too.

These movies suck and you should stop watching them immediately unless doing so will guarantee you access to loving. And it better be damn good supermodel-write-a-book-about-it loving, because to endure them for any other reason is idiotic and stupid. Or you have a wife and want to earn points. They cry all the time. Nothing bleeds when it dies. And they cry all the time.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011 11:46 AM by Lethemeul.)
11-21-2011 11:45 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(11-21-2011 11:41 AM)ndlutz Wrote:  The short answer is don't watch these movies or waste your time on wondering what's going on because honestly they'll just rot your brain.

The serious answer is she's human. She's a miserable, pissed off teenage girl which makes her appealing to a market segment (also pissed off teenage girls) who can identify and is therefore very profitable. Edward's family are the most lame vampires in the history of vampires. They don't drink human blood for whatever retarded reason. The other vampires do I guess. They're dicks but much cooler.

They also glisten in the sunlight. 03-lmfao
11-21-2011 12:07 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
Leth, you nailed it. Similarly, my wife also enjoyed the books and I went to see the first movie with her. Fortunately, she agreed that the movie was such a steaming pile that I've been off the hook for any of the sequels.
11-21-2011 12:09 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(11-21-2011 12:07 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(11-21-2011 11:41 AM)ndlutz Wrote:  The short answer is don't watch these movies or waste your time on wondering what's going on because honestly they'll just rot your brain.

Yeah, I was kind of like WTF is that.... sunscreen? LOL.

FWIW, I really didn't ask about critiquing the movies... just wanted the questions answered. The story seemed kind of interesting in the first one..... I don't really get into "teen" movies...
11-21-2011 04:47 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-21-2011 04:47 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(11-21-2011 12:07 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

Yeah, I was kind of like WTF is that.... sunscreen? LOL.

FWIW, I really didn't ask about critiquing the movies... just wanted the questions answered. The story seemed kind of interesting in the first one..... I don't really get into "teen" movies...

I was just trying to save you the time.

Also, man-law requires that all men tell the truth about these two and a half hour long crap fests.
11-21-2011 05:00 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
[Image: tumblr_losxu10kZo1r05pa6o1_500.png]

I haven't read either series (and proud of it), so whether or not this is true I can't confirm. But I think its pretty funny.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 02:18 PM by T-Monay820.)
11-24-2011 02:17 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(11-24-2011 02:17 PM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_losxu10kZo1r05pa6o1_500.png]

I haven't read either series (and proud of it), so whether or not this is true I can't confirm. But I think its pretty funny.

i'm not sure that's something to be proud of. If you like something, you like it. if you don't, you don't. you should be neither proud nor embarrassed.
11-24-2011 11:53 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs
(11-24-2011 11:53 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(11-24-2011 02:17 PM)T-Monay820 Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_losxu10kZo1r05pa6o1_500.png]

i'm not sure that's something to be proud of. If you like something, you like it. if you don't, you don't. you should be neither proud nor embarrassed.

I agree.

Now, as far as Stephen King's quote goes, I haven't read a single page or seen a single frame of any Twilight stuff, but I have seen all eight Harry Potter movies and am working on finishing the last book, and I can say that his words on Harry Potter are indeed true.
11-25-2011 11:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
tl;dr

it's twilight, lol
11-25-2011 03:14 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(11-20-2011 08:57 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Before you answer, do not get into anything that "happens" past the first movie and what it covers.

I caught the first one on tv the other night... I have since watched it twice on FX in the last month. I have not seen any of the other movies in the series but I had a few questions to ask.

LOL...You watched that movie 3 times....03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

You better have scored some kittycat.....there is no other reason to watch.
11-25-2011 10:11 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

Funny how people are laughing that haven't watched it at all and then critiquing it. I knew it wasn't epic cinema.

All I was trying to do is see what all the hype was about it since ads for it are on tv all the time. I knew it was some kind of teen deal.

Anywho, with how the story played out (in second viewing I actually got to watch more of it than the first time) it had some plot points that I was wanting to find out a little more on.

If Bella has no special powers then I find myself less likely to watch any of the further sequels as that seemed to what they were trying to set up in the first one.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2011 11:37 AM by PirateTreasureNC.)
11-26-2011 11:28 AM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(11-26-2011 11:28 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Funny how people are laughing that haven't watched it at all and then critiquing it. I knew it wasn't epic cinema.

All I was trying to do is see what all the hype was about it since ads for it are on tv all the time. I knew it was some kind of teen deal.

Anywho, with how the story played out (in second viewing I actually got to watch more of it than the first time) it had some plot points that I was wanting to find out a little more on.

If Bella has no special powers then I find myself less likely to watch any of the further sequels as that seemed to what they were trying to set up in the first one.

I wasn't belittling you watching it....just watching it 3 times....I think you could have figured out it sucked after the 1st.

P.S. Maybe she will get bitten by a vampire or werewolf and then turn into one or both.....That's how they get you back....lol.
11-26-2011 03:22 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(11-26-2011 11:28 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Funny how people are laughing that haven't watched it at all and then critiquing it. I knew it wasn't epic cinema.

she has no special powers. i think the trailers make it pretty clear
11-26-2011 06:24 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
I was kind of curious how you saw it twice but didn't know these things. Either way, like I said you should probably save your time for better stuff.
11-29-2011 05:46 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(11-29-2011 05:46 PM)ndlutz Wrote:  I was kind of curious how you saw it twice but didn't know these things. Either way, like I said you should probably save your time for better stuff.

When you have the tv on and its on but you are concentrating on what you are doing on the laptop at the moment.
11-29-2011 06:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.