Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Lawsuit against Miami appears to be
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Quote:• UM is close to a settlement with the six Big East schools that sued Miami for its move to the ACC. As part of the deal, the Canes have agreed to play a game in 2009 or 2010 at Dave Wannstedt's Pittsburgh Panthers. Wannstedt, incidentally, signed six players from South Florida in his first recruiting class.

<a href='http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11472612.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ts/11472612.htm</a>

Another article has Miami coming to both Pitt and Connecticut:

Quote:• UM has booked home games with Colorado and South Florida (2005), Houston (2006) and Texas A&M, Marshall and UCF later in the decade. Dee plans to add Pittsburgh and Connecticut, too. UM wants to play Big Ten schools, but only Ohio State has said yes (there 2010, here 2011). Notre Dame opposes a renewal of the series.

<a href='http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/sports/colleges/university_of_florida/11379530.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/spo...da/11379530.htm</a>
04-25-2005 03:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

hmm...that is interesting....I hope the rest of us see a game or some kind of financial compensation other then Pitt

Jackson
04-25-2005 03:10 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Jackson1011 Wrote:hmm...that is interesting....I hope the rest of us see a game or some kind of financial compensation other then Pitt

Jackson
Probably not. We have the best law school in the conference. That's why we are getting the game. 03-wink
04-25-2005 07:32 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

Shannon Panther Wrote:
Jackson1011 Wrote:hmm...that is interesting....I hope the rest of us see&nbsp; a game or some kind of financial compensation other then&nbsp; Pitt

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Jackson
Probably not. We have the best law school in the conference. That's why we are getting the game. 03-wink
We have Yale in our state. We borrowed their law school. That's why we get a game too. :D
04-25-2005 07:53 PM
Advertisement

MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

We have a law school and Tanks from Fort Knox, I guess that is why we play them in '06. :laugh:
04-25-2005 11:14 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Pitt could have a very nice non confernece schedule...ND comes back on the schedule at the end of the decade, Penn St could very well be coming back if the 12 game season passes and now they may get a series with Miami...meanwhile here in WV the state goverment is twisting every arm possible to try to force WVU to play Marshall...I think I can safely say that I am more then a little jealous of Pitt and there future non conference slate

Jackson
04-26-2005 07:22 AM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

Jackson1011 Wrote:Pitt could have a very nice non confernece schedule...ND comes back on the schedule at the end of the decade, Penn St could very well be coming back if the 12 game season passes and now they may get a series with Miami...meanwhile here in WV the state goverment is twisting every arm possible to try to force WVU to play Marshall...I think I can safely say that I am more then a little jealous of Pitt and there future non conference slate

Jackson
I wouldn't be surprised if your state government doesn't eventually pull a "Virginia" and try to lean on WVU to support Marshall for eventual conference membership.
04-26-2005 09:54 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

I think UC is playing them because the Bengals beat the Dolphins last year (but who didn't). :D
04-26-2005 09:56 AM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Murph1 Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if your state government doesn't eventually pull a "Virginia" and try to lean on WVU to support Marshall for eventual conference membership.
It has already happened to some degree. From the Big East papers after Miami and VT had left but before Louisville, UC, and USF were invited...

"David Hardesty asks that the group support Marshall as an all-sport candidate. There is no other support among the group."

Quote:Another article has Miami coming to both Pitt and Connecticut:
Sure would be nice if WVU and Rutgers got some compensation. :frown:
04-26-2005 10:16 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

Miami Fla backed out on a game with Cincy in the Orange Bowl in 2006 stating they now had too many ACC game setc. Funny how now they have come up with all these dateas and new teams they have spots to play?
04-26-2005 10:35 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

According to NationalChamps.Net the game is still on (their last update was January 4th). I have not heard of the game being cancelled, where did you hear this from?

<a href='http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/cincinnati_future.htm' target='_blank'>NationalChamps.Net</a>
04-26-2005 10:39 AM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

06 is also supposed to be the first year of the 12 game schedule.
04-26-2005 11:21 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if your state government doesn't eventually pull a "Virginia" and try to lean on WVU to support Marshall for eventual conference membership.

-- There are some differences between WVA and the VA situations too...First WVUs athletic department does not recieve state funds like UVAs does so at least officially the state gov't couldn't hold that over on WVU...Also Marshall U doesn't have the support in the state legislature that VT did...I think WVU has the only law school in state so most of the delegats and the current gov are WVU alums

-- The push for the Marshall game is part of the economic plan that the Gov has put into place and I think it is his hope that the game will be a solid economic success especially in Huntington and bring positive exposure to the state...the only problem is that the game almost certainly will not be on national TV...the last time the two schools played marshall had Randy Moss and WVU had Amos zeroue....the QBs for both teams were Chad Penninton and Marc Bulger and there were literally 6-7 other NFL players on the field between the two school and that game was not on national TV....its hard to imagine the two schools bringing that kind of star power onto one field again so I would guess national TV is out of the question (hope I'm wrong though)

-- As for MU and the BE....Certainly that BE could do a lot worse then adding the Herd...but I would like to point out that when the BE was desperate for football talent and the BCS was in question....all 6 ADs past on a school that produced Randy Moss, Chad Pennington and Byron Leftwich in a row...to me that would suggest that the BE saw other problems with the Herd (sad state of its other sports, poor academics and no media market) that the MU football program could not make up for....also I find it higly unlikely that UC and UL would vote to put another BCS school in there collective backyards...but thats just my opinion

Jackson
04-26-2005 05:38 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.