Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Occupy folks "Occupy" Lafayette
Bookmark and Share
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
Occupy folks "Occupy" Lafayette
http://www.theind.com/news/9391-occupy-m...-lafayette

Come on Z and CajunT, go tell these folks to "occupy" a job offshore...that is if the current administration will allow anymore drilling!!
11-18-2011 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
RE: Occupy folks "Occupy" Lafayette
I could think of better places. I would certainly join these people in the fight if I didn't already have a job. I would think that losing my job in order to go and ***** about not having a job would be rather counter-productive.
11-18-2011 04:40 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-18-2011 04:16 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  http://www.theind.com/news/9391-occupy-m...-lafayette

Come on Z and CajunT, go tell these folks to "occupy" a job offshore...that is if the current administration will allow anymore drilling!!

Seriously, less than a dozen showed up. This 12 year old kid is being mind fkd by his lazy assed parents...Go figure, they are from New Yawk.

Everyone is a friggin victim. Not you. Not me. Not T, either.

Stay cool, John

Z
11-20-2011 12:30 PM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-20-2011 12:30 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(11-18-2011 04:16 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  http://www.theind.com/news/9391-occupy-m...-lafayette

Seriously, less than a dozen showed up. This 12 year old kid is being mind fkd by his lazy assed parents...Go figure, they are from New Yawk.

Stay cool, John

Z

Even though I live in the heart of Colorado republican country we still have them here protesting. All I seem to hear from them is that they want everything but don't want to work for it. They want the high paying job but aren't willing to start at the bottom and get the experience. They want all the gadgets and gee whiz toys but damn you if you make a profit. Let me guess, that 12 year old's parents got their degrees in some sort of social work.

Well, I am going to feed the corporate b@stards by buying too much food, cooking it and having some folks over. Then we are going to do our damndest to put a hurting on a bottle of Jameson, Jack, Glenlivitt, Captain Morgan, Smiroff, and Jose. Probably make a little more profit for those damn capitalist distillers.

Have a good Thanksgiving.
11-20-2011 01:37 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(11-20-2011 01:37 PM)InjunJohn Wrote:  
(11-20-2011 12:30 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Stay cool, John

Z

Even though I live in the heart of Colorado republican country we still have them here protesting. All I seem to hear from them is that they want everything but don't want to work for it. They want the high paying job but aren't willing to start at the bottom and get the experience. They want all the gadgets and gee whiz toys but damn you if you make a profit. Let me guess, that 12 year old's parents got their degrees in some sort of social work.

Well, I am going to feed the corporate b@stards by buying too much food, cooking it and having some folks over. Then we are going to do our damndest to put a hurting on a bottle of Jameson, Jack, Glenlivitt, Captain Morgan, Smiroff, and Jose. Probably make a little more profit for those damn capitalist distillers.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

You b***ard!!

04-bow

Z
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2011 02:59 PM by Burn the Horse.)
11-20-2011 02:44 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
These poor "Occupy" folks are just misinformed. Same deal with the Tea Party. Just misinformed, angry individuals spouting non-sense while the politicians in DC laugh and count their money.
11-21-2011 12:12 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(11-21-2011 12:12 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  These poor "Occupy" folks are just misinformed. Same deal with the Tea Party. Just misinformed, angry individuals spouting non-sense while the politicians in DC laugh and count their money.

Which is the more misinformed?

Z
11-21-2011 08:03 AM
Advertisement

InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-21-2011 12:12 AM)cajunhawk Wrote:  These poor "Occupy" folks are just misinformed. Same deal with the Tea Party. Just misinformed, angry individuals spouting non-sense while the politicians in DC laugh and count their money.

Actually, the Tea Party folks are pretty darned well informed. Their basic message is quite taking my money (taxes) and spending it on crap. The government spends too much money and borrow way too much money. This isn't a left or right issue. When the government borrows 40% of what is spends, then you are doing it wrong. This isn't some national emergency but just a continuous spending of more money than we have and you can't tax your way out of it.

The OWS folks just really want something for nothing. Instead of sitting on their butts for 2 months in a park, how about getting out there and hustling up some work. Can't get that $70,000 a year job? How about taking the crappy one? Can't make it on that salary working 40 hours a week? How about taking a 2d job? Job market sucks where you live? Move to where is work. You are $80,000 in debt because you got your degree in Ancient French Literature with a minor in role of women in Medieval Europe? You are probably too stupid to be successful anyway so go ahead and look for that career in Deep Fryer management at your local McDonalds.

The OWS people need to understand that life isn't fair. No one owes you jack! You get off your butt and you go out and earn your way in life. If you are sitting on your duff and taking in unemployment or welfare, you are a leech and are providing nothing economically to the good of the nation.

Damn, the coffee kicked in this morning!!!
11-21-2011 09:26 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(11-21-2011 08:03 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Which is the more misinformed?

Z
Equally misinformed.
11-21-2011 09:51 AM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(11-21-2011 09:26 AM)InjunJohn Wrote:  

Actually, the Tea Party folks are pretty darned well informed. Their basic message is quite taking my money (taxes) and spending it on crap. The government spends too much money and borrow way too much money. This isn't a left or right issue. When the government borrows 40% of what is spends, then you are doing it wrong. This isn't some national emergency but just a continuous spending of more money than we have and you can't tax your way out of it.

The OWS folks just really want something for nothing. Instead of sitting on their butts for 2 months in a park, how about getting out there and hustling up some work. Can't get that $70,000 a year job? How about taking the crappy one? Can't make it on that salary working 40 hours a week? How about taking a 2d job? Job market sucks where you live? Move to where is work. You are $80,000 in debt because you got your degree in Ancient French Literature with a minor in role of women in Medieval Europe? You are probably too stupid to be successful anyway so go ahead and look for that career in Deep Fryer management at your local McDonalds.

The OWS people need to understand that life isn't fair. No one owes you jack! You get off your butt and you go out and earn your way in life. If you are sitting on your duff and taking in unemployment or welfare, you are a leech and are providing nothing economically to the good of the nation.

Damn, the coffee kicked in this morning!!!
The Tea party has the same ailments...they know what's wrong but have zero ideas on how to fix it beyond blowing up the system and starting over from scratch. The ability to see wrong when it is happening is overwhelmed by the inability to fix it. Neither the OWS or Tea Party have a clue how to fix what they are angry about. So what will get done on both fronts...absolutely...positively...nothing.

While the Tea Party sees that entitlement programs are destroying this country they have no way out beyond cutting everyone off. The OWS people see Corporate Greed and Corporate Welfare spiraling out of control and are setting this country up for failure but they have no way out beyond setting Wall Street on fire and lynching every CEO out there.

While both ideas make sense...they are both impractical. Can't cut everyone off of entitlement programs...imagine a world where we get people addicted to free money and then we just yank the rug out from under them...the only question becomes when do the fires die down from impromptu rioting and how long it will take for martial law to be put in place. Same with Burning down Wall Street and lynching CEO's...rioting is never the answer, but is the only outcome when a group of people have no where else to turn.

I would rather both Tea Party and OWS people to make their own decisions for once. Cognitive thought is a lost art. In reality all the Tea Party and OWS stand for is keeping the status quo in power in DC. Since 9/11 the grandeur that partisan rhetoric has escalated to is near stupid levels. The Right keeps people mad about the poor, The Left keeps people mad about the rich. It's a ruse. Don't point the finger at the rich or the poor...point them at our politicians. They are the reason our country is devolving into a third world country.
11-21-2011 10:10 AM
Advertisement

BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I've found that people that complain about the occupy folks don't really get it. They listen to the media portrayal, or the fringe groups that are now splintering off instead of looking at the founding ideology (research information? far fetched, I know). A couple of the main principles were/are getting the money out of politics and re-instituting regulations such as Glass-Stegall (both of which need to happen without a doubt). The revocation of Glass-Stegall is the main reason that the banks failed like they did, er, were bailed out.

But most obviously, a call for the politicians to start caring about the people of this country, and to stop pandering to the highest donor.

It really annoys me when people complain about them protesting and say instead that they should be looking for a job. You don't think they already are? And then you have some nut job right winger calling them lazy, blah blah blah, they got laid off because they didn't work hard enough, blah blah blah. Wonder if they think the same thing about the 1,000's of Wall Street-ers who were just laid off earlier this month?
11-28-2011 03:38 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(11-28-2011 03:38 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I've found that people that complain about the occupy folks don't really get it. They listen to the media portrayal, or the fringe groups that are now splintering off instead of looking at the founding ideology (research information? far fetched, I know). A couple of the main principles were/are getting the money out of politics and re-instituting regulations such as Glass-Stegall (both of which need to happen without a doubt). The revocation of Glass-Stegall is the main reason that the banks failed like they did, er, were bailed out.

But most obviously, a call for the politicians to start caring about the people of this country, and to stop pandering to the highest donor.

It really annoys me when people complain about them protesting and say instead that they should be looking for a job. You don't think they already are? And then you have some nut job right winger calling them lazy, blah blah blah, they got laid off because they didn't work hard enough, blah blah blah. Wonder if they think the same thing about the 1,000's of Wall Street-ers who were just laid off earlier this month?

Unfortunately we have become a society of victims. But hey, hope you had a fine Holiday.

Z
11-28-2011 04:02 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(11-28-2011 04:02 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(11-28-2011 03:38 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I've found that people that complain about the occupy folks don't really get it. They listen to the media portrayal, or the fringe groups that are now splintering off instead of looking at the founding ideology (research information? far fetched, I know). A couple of the main principles were/are getting the money out of politics and re-instituting regulations such as Glass-Stegall (both of which need to happen without a doubt). The revocation of Glass-Stegall is the main reason that the banks failed like they did, er, were bailed out.

Unfortunately we have become a society of victims. But hey, hope you had a fine Holiday.

Z

That's a solid response right there. Thought provoking and unique.

How did anything I just said have anything to do with your nice slice of rhetoric.
11-28-2011 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.