Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
NBE/NCUSA Fans Only Please
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse

NBE Fans: If you went into a coma and woke up a NCUSA fan what school would you want it to be and why?

NCUSA Fans: If you went into a coma and woke up a NBE fan what school would you want it to be and why?

My answer: Probably ECU, I always liked their colors, their fans are energetic and have a chip on their shoulder, Sandra Bullock

BTW, I went to a game there and enjoyed the experience despite the loss. :frown:
05-19-2005 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators

TexanMark Wrote:NBE Fans: If you went into a coma and woke up a NCUSA fan what school would you want it to be and why?

NCUSA Fans: If you went into a coma and woke up a NBE fan what school would you want it to be and why?

My answer:  Probably ECU, I always liked their colors, their fans are energetic and have a chip on their shoulder, Sandra Bullock

BTW, I went to a game there and enjoyed the experience despite the loss.  :frown:
If I woke up from a coma and found myself to be a CUSA fan, I would ask the doctor to put me in another coma, forever. :)
05-19-2005 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

TexanMark Wrote:NBE Fans: If you went into a coma and woke up a NCUSA fan what school would you want it to be and why?

My answer: Probably ECU, I always liked their colors, their fans are energetic and have a chip on their shoulder, Sandra Bullock

BTW, I went to a game there and enjoyed the experience despite the loss. :frown:
UCF, at least after a game I could go see Mickey. 03-cool
05-19-2005 01:12 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

cuseroc Wrote:

My answer:  Probably ECU, I always liked their colors, their fans are energetic and have a chip on their shoulder, Sandra Bullock

BTW, I went to a game there and enjoyed the experience despite the loss.  :frown:
If I woke up from a coma and found myself to be a CUSA fan, I would ask the doctor to put me in another coma, forever. :)
Come on give up an answer--I hope this thread won't disintegrate into a bad mouthing session.
05-19-2005 01:16 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Probably Syracuse, good school, consistent, solid tradition over time, good fans who know how to "act like they been there"
05-19-2005 01:34 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

NCUSA - Memphis... I'll be rooting for them next year anyway :)
05-19-2005 01:36 PM
Advertisement

Brick City Pirate Offline
All American

I Root For:

I'd be a Card Fan so L-Yes & myself could be buds. We could double team every Big East wannabe poster & tell them how they are worthless.

My serious answer is USF. It must be an exciting time down in Tampa. The Bulls will be playing a Big East basketball schedule & their football team will be in a BCS conference. Recruiting season has to be enjoyable. On top of everything else, the school is in Florida.
05-19-2005 01:57 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

probably utep, they've got a solid fanbase and program and they are located in a great recruiting area. they probably have the most upside out of all of the cusa teams.
05-19-2005 02:03 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Brick City Pirate Wrote:I'd be a Card Fan so L-Yes & myself could be buds. We could double team every Big East wannabe poster & tell them how they are worthless.

My serious answer is USF. It must be an exciting time down in Tampa. The Bulls will be playing a Big East basketball schedule & their football team will be in a BCS conference. Recruiting season has to be enjoyable. On top of everything else, the school is in Florida.
would have to agree 04-cheers
05-19-2005 02:09 PM
Yuleofell Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I am gonna have to go with Houston on this one. Me and Topcoot could be buds and go around and irritate every other team in the country. 04-drinky
05-19-2005 02:45 PM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

Donators

TexanMark Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:

Come on give up an answer--I hope this thread won't disintegrate into a bad mouthing session.
Ok Ok. It would be a tossup between ECU and marshall. Both programs have shown that they can be very good. I like the traveling aspect that ECU brings. Both programs have very good fan interest in their own markets. Both programs are very well respected non bcs programs, even though ECU has really fallen on hard times recently.
Now if were talking about fb and bb. That would have to be Memphis. Great fan support over the years for bb and very good support for fb, especially lately.
05-19-2005 02:47 PM
Advertisement

knight_01 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Top Choice: Syracuse. I actually enjoy TexanMark. I've corresponded with him via email in the past. Syracuse is a well respected private school, who has tradition and hall of fame football players present and future. Basketball is great there, and they supposedly have a good communications department. Their fans are die hard and many of them have class. It is strange but you can notice that there are fools in every group but Syracuse just doesn't seem to have as many bad apples as other teams.

I almost thought WVU because I've visited their rivals board and their fans are hysterical, and they love Eer football. However, two things that stick out to me. Their refusal to play Marshall was just petty, and I can't believe they don't see that. Sports Illustrated had an article on them a while back as the worst road trip football game because of their fans' nasty attitude.

Third school would be Rutgers. Great academic tradition. However, I get the feeling they likely feel very inferior to the Ivy League schools like Princeton etc. They're in a precarious position being so near the top. They're just below the best of the best and that's why I think they always snicker about tier rankings and such. They already feel inferior to their IVY counterparts. But if I just wanted to go to law school after a BA/BS then Rutgers. Of course, they suck on the field but I don't think it's hurting their admissions at all.
05-19-2005 02:52 PM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Cincy - (as long as Huggy is coach :angel: )
05-19-2005 02:59 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

Thanks Man

Now I'm all weepy eyed.

OK OK my next two fav NCUSA schools (breaking my rule) are:

UCF (great locale, great looking coeds, building into a solid research university)

Tulane they are private like Syracuse, have great looking uniforms and New Orleans--hello there

Others I like: Rice (see Tulane), Memphis (solid BB rival to SU in the past, great SEC like fans)
05-19-2005 03:01 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

This is a good thread and tough choice.

UConn or Syracuse. UConn : Up and coming football program and a class act B-ball program in my opinion. Syracuse - I've always enjoyed watching games at the Carrier Dome and I like their color scheme. I like Bohiem (is that spelled right?) too.

Go UAB!
05-19-2005 03:04 PM
billybluedemon Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Good thread. UAB for Hoops, since they are clutch in February & March.
05-19-2005 03:40 PM
Advertisement

The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I'd pick West Virginia.

I REALLY hate my couch. :mad:

:D
05-19-2005 03:53 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

knight_01 Wrote:Third school would be Rutgers.  Great academic tradition.  However, I get the feeling they likely feel very inferior to the Ivy League schools like Princeton etc.  They're in a precarious position being so near the top.  They're just below the best of the best and that's why I think they always snicker about tier rankings and such.  They already feel inferior to their IVY counterparts.  But if I just wanted to go to law school after a BA/BS then Rutgers.  Of course, they suck on the field but I don't think it's hurting their admissions at all.
I tend to think we do have a slight inferiority complex to the Ivies. Let's face it our traditional rivals in terms of the long haul have been Patriot and Ivy league schools like Lehigh, Lafeyette, Bucknell, Colgate, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, and UPenn. We still play Princeton in everything but Football and Columbia in all the olympic sports. We're the only northern Colonial College not in the Ivy League, and not because we weren't invited from what I understand. Basically either Princeton or Rutgers had to become the StateU and Rutgers ended up being it. It is a great place to get an education in my first 2 years I expect my next 2 to be the same.

That being said as for NCUSA team, probably Memphis then again I already do pull for them.
05-19-2005 04:21 PM
MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

Well, I worked most of the summer of 2001 in the Cincy suburb of Hamilton and fell in love with the area. Cincinnati has a beautiful skyline reflecting on the Ohio River and is just a nice city.

Pittsburgh is a nice place too.
05-19-2005 04:38 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Georgetown. I'm a fan of intimidating your opponents and no other team did that better than the 80s Georgetown teams.
05-19-2005 04:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.