Man it's quiet on the Mizzou-SEC front. Need some news...03-zzz
10-31-2011 10:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
RE: And Not A Creature was Stirring..
(10-31-2011 10:43 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Man it's quiet on the Mizzou-SEC front. Need some news...03-zzz
I think that's the general feeling everywhere (other than WVU).
10-31-2011 10:44 PM
OneSockUp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Alabama
(10-31-2011 10:43 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Man it's quiet on the Mizzou-SEC front. Need some news...03-zzz

I don't think Missouri is a good fit for the SEC and I think Slive and the SEC presidents are getting a very luke-warm vibe from their base about adding a third Tigers squad to their party. I don't know too many SEC fans who aren't excited about A&M, but I don't know a single person who is anything other than apathetic at best about Mizzou.

That being the case, and no vote having been made on actually adding Missouri, I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC were waiting for someone else (VT, NC State) to make themselves available.

Slive and the SEC are very sly. The whole time they have been wary of being free from lawsuits from the Big Twelve, they may have just been insulating themselves from a lawsuit from Missouri in case things don't work out.

That's just my thought from SEC Country.
10-31-2011 10:54 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(10-31-2011 10:54 PM)OneSockUp Wrote:  

I don't think Missouri is a good fit for the SEC and I think Slive and the SEC presidents are getting a very luke-warm vibe from their base about adding a third Tigers squad to their party. I don't know too many SEC fans who aren't excited about A&M, but I don't know a single person who is anything other than apathetic at best about Mizzou.

That being the case, and no vote having been made on actually adding Missouri, I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC were waiting for someone else (VT, NC State) to make themselves available.

Slive and the SEC are very sly. The whole time they have been wary of being free from lawsuits from the Big Twelve, they may have just been insulating themselves from a lawsuit from Missouri in case things don't work out.

My family and I (parents are Florida Alumni) would rather not have A&M because it does not excite us at all. Since you asked.
11-01-2011 03:11 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(10-31-2011 10:54 PM)OneSockUp Wrote:  

I don't know where you live in Alabama, but over here in Miss, a lot of folks are behind Mizzou. And I guess you didnt see the poll from Alabama which gave Missouri an 80% approval rate. And you know what? Miami and Orlando are not very much of a fit for the SEC. But they are part of Florida and the SEC. Hey, we grow cotton in Mo too. Give us a break.
11-01-2011 08:06 PM
TailGator Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Florida Gators
Since this thread has turned into a personal opinion pol, Ill share mine. I was kinda stoked about the Aggies, but last year I wanted Texas and OU more. I was hoping that those two schools would have tried to follow the Aggies instead of taking the Pac16 deal. Since then however, after hearing Texas unjustly bash the academic credibility of the SEC, I don't want them anymore. I'll take the Aggies with open arms and hope their school destroys Texas from now on.

As far as Mizzou, I, like most SEC folks I've talked too( durning Gators Bama ) game seem to scratch their heads on Mizzou and thought Vtech was probably the most likely. I however, have to admit, Mizzou has grown on me. I'm not sure why exactly. But now, I'd actually be disappointed if they didn't join. And when the Aggie Mizzou game was on tv this past weekend, all the gator fans I was around had no issues with that being a future SEC matchup. It was like it was normal. Felt right.

I think Mizzou and the SEC are just getting their ducks in a row. And maybe Mizzou is biding some time to see if their is any chance of Notre Dame going into the Big XII.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 09:11 PM by TailGator.)
11-01-2011 09:07 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(11-01-2011 09:07 PM)TailGator Wrote:  Since this thread has turned into a personal opinion pol, Ill share mine. I was kinda stoked about the Aggies, but last year I wanted Texas and OU more. I was hoping that those two schools would have tried to follow the Aggies instead of taking the Pac16 deal. Since then however, after hearing Texas unjustly bash the academic credibility of the SEC, I don't want them anymore. I'll take the Aggies with open arms and hope their school destroys Texas from now on.

As far as Mizzou, I, like most SEC folks I've talked too( durning Gators Bama ) game seem to scratch their heads on Mizzou and thought Vtech was probably the most likely. I however, have to admit, Mizzou has grown on me. I'm not sure why exactly. But now, I'd actually be disappointed if they didn't join. And when the Aggie Mizzou game was on tv this past weekend, all the gator fans I was around had no issues with that being a future SEC matchup. It was like it was normal. Felt right.

I think Mizzou and the SEC are just getting their ducks in a row. And maybe Mizzou is biding some time to see if their is any chance of Notre Dame going into the Big XII.

Thanks TailGator. I always enjoy your input. I thought that game was a nice showcase for the SEC and some of the Aggie folks, although disappointed, said the same to me this past week. I think you are spot on with this process. The SEC is very slow and meticulous. They have two schedules ready and no reason to rush. They will let Mizzou finish their exit business. One thing though, I don't think Mizzou is waiting to see if ND comes. All the Big XII needs is another prima donna with their own national TV deal. That whole B1G preference thing regarding Mizzou was so taken out of context. Of course that was the plan last year. They were our 1st choice at that time. Remember, the B1G was the one that started blowing kisses our way...I don't think anyone at Mizzou would have even thought the SEC would be interested in MU. What I would like to relay to all the SEC fans is that this is a very big deal for MU. They leave rivalries much older than even the SEC itself. They are coming because they want to come. They are serious about this move. They see a much brighter future in the SEC, with new rivals and equality. Unless you live in KC, you are not luke warm about this move...and no matter what some closet official said, the MU BOC vote was unanimous for leaving the Big XII.
11-01-2011 10:22 PM
TailGator Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-01-2011 10:22 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(11-01-2011 09:07 PM)TailGator Wrote:  Since this thread has turned into a personal opinion pol, Ill share mine. I was kinda stoked about the Aggies, but last year I wanted Texas and OU more. I was hoping that those two schools would have tried to follow the Aggies instead of taking the Pac16 deal. Since then however, after hearing Texas unjustly bash the academic credibility of the SEC, I don't want them anymore. I'll take the Aggies with open arms and hope their school destroys Texas from now on.

Thanks TailGator. I always enjoy your input. I thought that game was a nice showcase for the SEC and some of the Aggie folks, although disappointed, said the same to me this past week. I think you are spot on with this process. The SEC is very slow and meticulous. They have two schedules ready and no reason to rush. They will let Mizzou finish their exit business. One thing though, I don't think Mizzou is waiting to see if ND comes. All the Big XII needs is another prima donna with their own national TV deal. That whole B1G preference thing regarding Mizzou was so taken out of context. Of course that was the plan last year. They were our 1st choice at that time. Remember, the B1G was the one that started blowing kisses our way...I don't think anyone at Mizzou would have even thought the SEC would be interested in MU. What I would like to relay to all the SEC fans is that this is a very big deal for MU. They leave rivalries much older than even the SEC itself. They are coming because they want to come. They are serious about this move. They see a much brighter future in the SEC, with new rivals and equality. Unless you live in KC, you are not luke warm about this move...and no matter what some closet official said, the MU BOC vote was unanimous for leaving the Big XII.

I suspect part of the reason Mizzou is taking so much time is trying to work through rivalry agreements with KU and KC before leaving. That's probably the biggest component of getting their ducks in a row.

I also suspect, that down the road, Mizzou will eventually get a B1G invite as superconferences converge and the B1G is short on solid prospects for getting to 16. Even if Mizzou takes it, I don't think anyone in the SEC will mind. We'll just say thanks for stopping by to play some football and we'll see you in the conference champions playoff someday.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 03:20 PM by TailGator.)
11-03-2011 03:00 PM
Eagleweiser Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
This day is the day for the big Boise State news, they already agreed upon acceptance to the east just getting the formalities of an actual vote by the BOT out of the way so the champagne can flow in Houston, Dallas and Orlando, and Tampa too I suppose LOL
11-03-2011 03:14 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
It's pretty bad when the Big East moves quicker than you(Missouri) do......
11-03-2011 03:15 PM
killer_eagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
I would bet Missou is being held hostage by the B12 until the BE lets WVU go. If WVU can't get out for next year, Missou is stuck in the B12. No release that would limit inventory for the B12 tv contract until replacements arrive.
11-03-2011 03:20 PM
Advertisement

New York Bull Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
HEY MIZZOU YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

You'd think you were joining the Big East at this pace.
11-03-2011 03:20 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(11-03-2011 03:14 PM)Eagleweiser Wrote:  This day is the day for the big Boise State news, they already agreed upon acceptance to the east just getting the formalities of an actual vote by the BOT out of the way so the champagne can flow in Houston, Dallas and Orlando, and Tampa too I suppose LOL

I have a 12 pack on ice at the house just waiting on the outcome. 04-cheers
11-03-2011 03:21 PM
Dub591 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SEC, ACC
(11-03-2011 03:21 PM)billetingman1 Wrote:  
(11-03-2011 03:14 PM)Eagleweiser Wrote:  This day is the day for the big Boise State news, they already agreed upon acceptance to the east just getting the formalities of an actual vote by the BOT out of the way so the champagne can flow in Houston, Dallas and Orlando, and Tampa too I suppose LOL

I'll raise a big un-sweet tea in your honor, that's the best I can do. I wish y'all well, but I think it is a disaster waiting.
11-03-2011 03:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TailGator Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-03-2011 03:25 PM)Dub591 Wrote:  

I'll raise a big un-sweet tea in your honor, that's the best I can do. I wish y'all well, but I think it is a disaster waiting.

As an Orlando FL citizen, I'm just happy that UCF and USF will starting playing every year. This is long overdue. Even if the Big East is a total disaster, UCF vs USF rivalry games are worth it to everyone along the I-4 corridor.
11-03-2011 03:29 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

The thing about Missouri- let's be real...

If they were in the SEC east this year- they could easily be 6-0 in division. They already beat A&M(cross over game). They could easily have been in the SEC title game THIS year.....
11-03-2011 03:29 PM
Advertisement

TailGator Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-03-2011 03:29 PM)stever20 Wrote:  The thing about Missouri- let's be real...

If they were in the SEC east this year- they could easily be 6-0 in division. They already beat A&M(cross over game). They could easily have been in the SEC title game THIS year.....

I don't know about EASILY. But they could have been in the hunt. Despite beating A&M, Mizzou did lose 4 games. They could just have easily lost those games to SEC teams. Don't forget they'd also have to play two teams in the West every year...( Arkansas and a rotated opponent). That would probably be two losses right there.
11-03-2011 03:37 PM
billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
(11-03-2011 03:25 PM)Dub591 Wrote:  

Motion passed! 7-1 in favor of the BE!
11-03-2011 03:38 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

They lost to Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and Kansas St- along with OOC game to Arizona St...

And I thought that their crossover game will be vs Texas A&M.

They would not have lost vs Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky period. Florida this year with the lack of talent realistically- a win for Missouri. Probably would have split at least with Georgia and South Carolina(USC really depending on when in the season they played). That's like 5-1 at minimum in division.
11-03-2011 03:41 PM
TailGator Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-03-2011 03:41 PM)stever20 Wrote:  They lost to Oklahoma, Oklahoma St, and Kansas St- along with OOC game to Arizona St...

And I thought that their crossover game will be vs Texas A&M.

They would not have lost vs Tennessee, Vandy, Kentucky period. Florida this year with the lack of talent realistically- a win for Missouri. Probably would have split at least with Georgia and South Carolina(USC really depending on when in the season they played). That's like 5-1 at minimum in division.

Florida is not lacking talent, their most skill players have been injured. If you would have come across Florida in the beginning or end of the season, count it as a loss.

I'll give you UK, and maybe Vandy but not Tenn. Despite their record, they are a good team. They have caught some lousy breaks in those games. I think Dooley is temporarily cursed. If you got USC with Garcia( I'd give you a win ) but they ditched him and are good now. Georgia is solid enough. Not LSU/Bama solid, but solid enough. You could be 4-2 or 2-4. Hard to say. Split the diff, you'd be 3-3 and Georgia would be representing the East.

I'm pretty sure Mizzou's perm cross opponet will be Arkansas and A&M's will be USC. Arkansas borders Missouri.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 03:51 PM by TailGator.)
11-03-2011 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.