Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
JIM'S COMPOSITE PRESEASON POLL
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

This is a preseason poll based upon all the reliable or semi-reliable polls I could find. I will list all the polls I've used thusfar, so that you can provide any links to polls I might not have found yet. This is the first time I've done this, so there are still some bugs to be worked out. For example, how much, if at all should I penalize a team that is not ranked in a specific poll.

Polls that have been used in this posting of the composite: ATHLON (only up to#6. Top 5 yet to be announced), CFN (as displayed on Fox), LINDY'S, sportsline DODD, ESPN MAISEL, ESPN FORDE.

Please alert me to polls I could add into the composite.

JIM'S COMPOSITE POLL, EFF. MAY 30, 2005

1. SO CAL
2. TEXAS
3. TENNESSEE
4. IOWA
5. MICHIGAN
6. FLORIDA
7. OKLAHOMA
8. OHIO ST
9. VIRGINIA TECH
10. MIAMI
11. LSU
12. LOUISVILLE
13. FLORIDA ST
14. GEORGIA
15. COLORADO
16. PURDUE
17. NEBRASKA
18. ARIZONA ST
19. AUBURN
20. TEXAS A&M
21. BOSTON COLLEGE
22. FRESNO ST
23. ALABAMA
24. TEXAS TECH
25. BOISE ST
26. PITT
OTHERS: MINNESOTA, GEORGIA TECH, CALIFORNIA, VIRGINIA, UCLA, WYOMING, UTEP.

Please give me some links to expand this poll.
05-30-2005 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Yoda Offline
1st String

I Root For: Fresno State

You might want to bookmark this site for later. Nice job of listing the various preseason magazine ratings and them comparing them with the season's results. (Check out Concensus '04 for example).

<a href='http://preseason.stassen.com/' target='_blank'>http://preseason.stassen.com/</a>

Yoda out...
05-30-2005 01:24 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Pitt's a Top 25 team. They are probably a preseason Top 20 team.
05-30-2005 01:56 PM
Advertisement

JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

c-claw, I couldn't agree with you more. I believe Pitt will have an excellent team this year. I definitely think they'll finish in the top 20, and I'm hoping for the top 10.

I'm simply trying to do a composite of other people's rankings with a personal bias, if 2 teams are ever tied. Don't shoot the messenger. Try to supply links to other polls I might not have included.

Thanks.

Yoda, a big thanks for the link.
05-30-2005 05:16 PM
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

JIM'S COMPOSITE POLL, EFF, JUNE 2, '05

Don't you just love polls? Not a single snap has been taken, and I have changes in the preseason poll already. Please provide any info/links that you can to keep this poll updated. I have now included these polls:
Polls that have been used in this posting of the composite: ATHLON (only up to#3 Top 2 yet to be announced), CFN (as displayed on Fox), LINDY'S, sportsline DODD, ESPN MAISEL, ESPN FORDE, BLUE RIBBON.

I'm guessing that Atlon's #2 and #1 will be USC and TENNESSEE respectively, which would move TN into a tie with TX. I did not include them because Athlon could shock the world and name TN #1.

I, also, may have figured away around the not ranked dilemma. I'm going to add 1 point to all teams per poll where they were not ranked (lowest cumulative is higher ranking), and I'm going to list those listed on fewer than half the polls as OTHERS.

With all these factors in mind, here is the new preseason composite poll:

1. USC (South Carolina fans, please do not get excited; this is SO CAL.)
2. TEXAS ( does anyone know the last time TX beat OKLA? It was 1999.)
3. TENNESSEE (could tie Texas tomorrow,)
4. MICHIGAN
5. IOWA
6. OKLAHOMA
7. OHIO STATE
8. FLORIDA
9. VIRGINIA TECH
10. LSU
11. MIAMI
12. FLORIDA STATE
13. LOUISVILLE
14. GEORGIA
15. AUBURN
16. ARIZONA STATE
17. PURDUE
18. TEXAS A&M
19. PITT
20. TEXAS TECH
21. BOISE STATE
22. ALABAMA
23. FRESNO STATE
24. BOWLING GREEN
25. WYOMING

There you have it friends until I get updates.

I believe the BIGEAST needs 3 teams in the top 25, 2 of which are in the top 20 with one of them in the top 10.
06-02-2005 01:51 PM
JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

JIM'S COMPOSITE POLL, EFF, JUNE 5, '05

Please provide any info/links that you can to keep this poll updated. I have now included these 8 polls:
Polls that have been used in this posting of the composite: ATHLON, CFN (as displayed on Fox), LINDY'S, sportsline DODD, ESPN MAISEL, ESPN FORDE, BLUE RIBBON and PHIL STEELE.

I, also, may have figured away around the not ranked dilemma. I'm going to add 1 point to all teams per poll where they were not ranked (lowest cumulative is higher ranking).

With all these factors in mind, here is the new preseason composite poll:

1. USC (South Carolina fans, please do not get excited; this is SO CAL.)
2. TEXAS ( does anyone know the last time TX beat OKLA? It was 1999.)
3. TENNESSEE
4. MICHIGAN

5. OKLAHOMA
6. IOWA

7. OHIO STATE
8. FLORIDA
9. VIRGINIA TECH
10. LSU
11. MIAMI
12. FLORIDA STATE
13. LOUISVILLE
14. GEORGIA

15. PURDUE
16. AUBURN
17. ARIZONA STATE

18. TEXAS A&M
19. boston college
20. PITT
21. TEXAS TECH
22. FRESNO STATE
23. BOISE STATE
24. ALABAMA
25. colorado
26. california
27. georgia tech
28. penn state
29. ucla
30. BOWLING GREEN
31. virginia

OTHERS: UTAH, NEBRASKA, WISCONSIN, WYOMING, IOWA AT, OREGON, UTEP.

There you have it friends until I get updates.

I believe the BIGEAST needs 3 teams in the top 25, 2 of which are in the top 20 with one of them in the top 10.
06-05-2005 12:42 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.