Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TV decisions are minor league
Bookmark and Share
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
How idiotic is this conference the way it chooses its game of the week? Last week, undefeated Troy and Louisiana were not televised, but the WKU - MTSU was. This week, Troy and ULM is on CSS, but not the biggest game in the history of FAU (and this week's story in the Sun Belt).

Dumb ....

The Sun Belt needs to act like it's in the bigtime and choose games on a weekly basis, based on actual importance and match-ups.
10-14-2011 10:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Get some AD's that don't wail and moan about moving kickoffs for TV.

Last year Louisana threw a fit about moving the ASU kickoff and the year before ASU did the same about moving the Troy kickoff.
10-15-2011 12:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: TV decisions are minor league
(10-15-2011 12:46 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Get some AD's that don't wail and moan about moving kickoffs for TV.

Last year Louisana threw a fit about moving the ASU kickoff and the year before ASU did the same about moving the Troy kickoff.

If my memory serves me right, Roberts threw a fit in the Monday Sun Belt press conference as well. I don't think anyone for ASU enjoyed the 9 or 10 athletes on IV during half time.
10-15-2011 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Roberts doesn't count. He complained that open dates ruined momentum and complained the lack of them left the team too tired. He complained about the lack of TV games and about moving games for TV.
10-15-2011 08:36 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
many times it's a decision of, do you want your game on tv and an odd time or do you want more butts in the seats. personally, I'd rather have the game televised. our attendance isn't going to blow peoples' socks off anyways, so we should put our product in to as many living rooms as we can.

that's why I advocate securing a mid-week game package that put our product as the only game on a given night each week. snatch up a time slot every Wednesday or Tuesday or something.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011 09:19 AM by Burn the Horse.)
10-15-2011 09:18 AM
Advertisement

CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-15-2011 08:36 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Roberts doesn't count. He complained that open dates ruined momentum and complained the lack of them left the team too tired. He complained about the lack of TV games and about moving games for TV.

Well, he might have said that, but he complained about playing the game in that kind of heat and at that time of the day was a poor decision. He was amongst a number of people that noted the dangerous heat index for fans and athletes alike. It was a 103" at game time and 120' on the turf. I'd say that was reason enough to complain, you don't need to be a physcian to understand that. It was a poor decision, regardless of the complaints.
10-15-2011 09:25 AM
warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
(10-14-2011 10:25 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  How idiotic is this conference the way it chooses its game of the week? Last week, undefeated Troy and Louisiana were not televised, but the WKU - MTSU was. This week, Troy and ULM is on CSS, but not the biggest game in the history of FAU (and this week's story in the Sun Belt).

Dumb ....

The Sun Belt needs to act like it's in the bigtime and choose games on a weekly basis, based on actual importance and match-ups.

Seriously bro? Nobody wants to watch FAU play Western.

But yes, the SBC needs to do their "wild card" weekends every week and not just the last four, AND must get a consistent time slot on CSS instead of this revolving schedule.
10-15-2011 09:31 AM
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(10-15-2011 09:31 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  
(10-14-2011 10:25 PM)BMarkey Wrote:  How idiotic is this conference the way it chooses its game of the week? Last week, undefeated Troy and Louisiana were not televised, but the WKU - MTSU was. This week, Troy and ULM is on CSS, but not the biggest game in the history of FAU (and this week's story in the Sun Belt).

Dumb ....

Seriously bro? Nobody wants to watch FAU play Western.

But yes, the SBC needs to do their "wild card" weekends every week and not just the last four, AND must get a consistent time slot on CSS instead of this revolving schedule.

I think there needs to be some accomodation to those teams that are playing well and meaningful games in the conference races, but lets not kid ourselves, no one outside fans of Sun Belt schools and a handful of fans of their out of conference opponents are much interested in watching. I doubt many sports bars outside of Sun Belt towns have a single tv tuned in to a Sun Belt game. I can't imagine a casual college football fan having debates with his buddies whether to watch LSU, Oklahoma, or Alabama over FAU, North Texas, or Arkansas State.
10-15-2011 09:52 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

that's why we need to get on mid-week so we're the only game on that night. then sets will be tuned in because there is no alternative.
10-15-2011 10:09 AM
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
(10-15-2011 10:09 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  that's why we need to get on mid-week so we're the only game on that night. then sets will be tuned in because there is no alternative.

Yes!
10-15-2011 10:21 AM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(10-15-2011 10:09 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  that's why we need to get on mid-week so we're the only game on that night. then sets will be tuned in because there is no alternative.

You won't hear any MT fan complaining about them, but there's a number of other schools whose fans don't show up on weekdays.

Any excuse to get drunk on a weekday is welcomed by MT students.
10-15-2011 11:28 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Like I said, butts in seats come second to eyes on the tube IMO. Its not like we're making bank on attendence numbers anyways. We need to build our brand outside our devoted, its the only way to increase public perception of both our programs and the league as a whole.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2011 11:56 AM by Burn the Horse.)
10-15-2011 11:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.