Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Traveling
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

I'm leaving Louisville next Tuesday for, of all places, Boston. I'll be there for a week and will miss being in here everyday...however, I'm gonna make the best of it and spy on the enemy. I'll be reading the locals to get a feel for what the city thinks of BC's move to the ACC and if there is anything new going on that we don't know about (their sports page probably won't even mention BC with the Red Sox fighting for their divisions lead and New England preparing for the pre-season). Wish me luck in the enemy's camp...lol. 03-cool
07-08-2005 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

LOL......good luck...to bad you didnt have a NBE t-shirt to sport off up there.
07-08-2005 10:08 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

BC will be in shock, when they realize they are the red-headed stepchild of the ACC! 04-cheers
07-08-2005 10:21 AM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

How can I get one? Now that you mention it, I'll have to make sure and pack my Louisville gear. :D
07-08-2005 11:08 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

Anyone else traveling to any BE cities this summer? I'll be in Chicago next month...would love to take a look at DePaul's athletic facilities other than Basketball, been there for some good games, never traveled to see any other sports there.
07-08-2005 11:12 AM
Advertisement

Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn

DePaul has a quaint old gym on campus where they practice and play a few non-conference games. About two blocks away they have one of the nation's most unique softball fields. Elevated subway tracks on one side and a dorm on the other. A few years ago I went to a game there and saw my friend's sister hit a home run off a third floor dorm window.

I believe the women's soccer team shares, or used to share, the soccer field, and the men play off campus (after all no one wants to play soccer on a field made of 1/4 dirt). DePaul is also a few blocks away from Lake Michigan, so that's a fun place. And there are a lot of great restaurants in the area of the school.

As for Boston, Fenway Park is a must if you're able to get there. Also check out the revitalized downtown area where the Fleet Center is. Boston Common is pretty neat too. And if you've never been to Harvard or MIT before, definitely make a side trip to Cambridge to check their campuses out.
07-08-2005 12:02 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Boston my second favorite city after NYC. My dad grew up in the south shore so for me when I'm up in Mass. Boston is the city. I'm a Pats fan, have serious sympathy for the Sox despite being a diehard Mets fan, and in hockey I root for the Devils and Bruins but the Devils are my first favorite. My dad is a Sox fan and my mom a diehard Mets fan so you can probably guess what my opinion of the Yankees is. Its called my first favorite's the Mets, my second favorite is the Sox, my third is whoever is playing the Yankees (unless its the Braves), and my fourth is whoever is playing the Braves.

As for seeing Boston I recommend using the T to get around its reliable, safe, and pretty clean. The area over by Prudential is nice. There's an italian restaurant called Vinny Testa's that some people rave about but they've all been non-italians. Anyrate the food there isn't bad, but there's far superior places in the North End. The North End is basically a big Italian neighborhood which unlike NY's Little Italy isn't really shrinking. Quincy (pronounced Quinzee up there and by me) Market is great with all the restaurants and eateries there there's also bogo shopping to be done there.
07-08-2005 12:34 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I took the Duck tour in Boston and walked The Freedom Trail. Both were fun.
07-08-2005 12:39 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators

Wilkie01 Wrote:I took the Duck tour in Boston and walked The Freedom Trail. Both were fun.
Always wondered about the Duck tours, never bothered with them. As for the Freedom Trail I've walked that as well and seen the old North Church its nice little walk.
07-08-2005 12:41 PM
Advertisement

Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

cardtopper Wrote:I'm leaving Louisville next Tuesday for, of all places, Boston. I'll be there for a week and will miss being in here everyday...however, I'm gonna make the best of it and spy on the enemy. I'll be reading the locals to get a feel for what the city thinks of BC's move to the ACC and if there is anything new going on that we don't know about (their sports page probably won't even mention BC with the Red Sox fighting for their divisions lead and New England preparing for the pre-season). Wish me luck in the enemy's camp...lol. 03-cool
Boston's a great pro sports town. Listen to sports-talk radio up there and you'll see that they care about BC athletics as much as we do. :down: :D
07-08-2005 12:47 PM
brista21 Offline

Donators

Got that right Murph. My cousin is a BC fan although he went to Northeastern. He grew up a BC fan since his family were big Sports fans but into College Sports. (He's married in. yes.) And he wasn't happy about leaving the BE there do exist a number of BC fans that don't want in the ACC at all, they want to continue playing Cuse, UConn, Pitt, WVU, RU. My friend goes to BC and he isn't happy about the move either. He was very happy the past two years when Rutgers and Temple were in the same conference with BC because he and our Temple friends and myself and our other Rutgers friends could roadtrip to games and easily see each other during the semesters. Now thats not happening. Back to the topic though, BC gets press in Boston during Hockey season only, and not much even then.
07-08-2005 12:50 PM
Pittusmc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Card...maybe you can get a NBE t-shirt from the new web site....Just an idea...I have not checked myself.
07-08-2005 01:36 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.