Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East media days start tomorrow
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

expect more good news on the bowl front...
07-18-2005 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

thanks for the update L-Yes....Our bowl situation is turning out better then I had hoped....the geography of the bowls is better and our bowl tie ins may actually be paying more $$ then the bowls did for the BE before the ACC raid

Jackson
07-19-2005 07:22 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Hopefully it will be finalized today or tomorrow.

1. BCS-Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, Orange or BCS Title Game
2. Gator/Sun Bowl
3. Liberty Bowl
4. Tire Bowl
5. Motor City

JMO, the extra BCS Spot has really helped us in getting involved and keeping the Gator and adding the Sun Bowls. We know in most years either the Big XII, SEC or Big 10 will be sending two teams to BCS Bowls.
07-19-2005 07:35 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

Do you think the Big East can qualify five teams out of 8 each season. I think a ninth member would help. These five bowls would be awesome geographically.
07-19-2005 08:05 AM
L-yes Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The Champs/Gator would have been more ideal imo but whats done is done. I can see the Texas bowl being a hard sell to many fan bases east of the mississippi. I'd also much rather see us pick up the Music City Bowl and drop the Motor City, detroit completely sucks in december. I'd much rather see us playing a mid-pack SEC program than the MAC champ with our 4th or 5th place team. If the Liberty retains the CUSA Champ we don't need to face any other mid-major conference champion in the post season.
07-19-2005 08:14 AM
WVUGeo1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think having five of eight teams available each year is reasonable. I mean every school in the new big east seems to have a real commitment to their programs which really allows for this. Also with the BCS behind them for recruiting purposes the sky is the limit. I really feel this will be one of the most competitive leagues year in and year out with no clear cut dominating team like miami was when they were in the league.
07-19-2005 10:34 AM
Advertisement

St. Patrick Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Louisville is going to dominate this conference. The only program that could even come close is WVU and we have seen how they have done with everything on the line.
07-19-2005 11:28 AM
WVUGeo1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

yea I know what your sayin st patrick back in 88 we went undefeated and lost to nd only because major harris got hurt in the first half...and the expectations were the highest ever then ending up only in the top 5 after such high expectations is rough I know
07-19-2005 11:48 AM
1st String

I Root For:

Wow 1988. Thanks for proving my point.
07-19-2005 12:54 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:Louisville is going to dominate this conference. The only program that could even come close is WVU and we have seen how they have done with everything on the line.

Stop making a fool out of yourself Eagle. In a conference that has a Top 20 football program along with Louisville how is West Virginia the only competition!?
07-19-2005 02:17 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:Wow 1988. Thanks for proving my point.
And thanks for proving our point that you're nothing but a worthless troll. I'm sure gruehl will deal with you soon enough.
07-19-2005 02:18 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

St. Patrick Eagle Wrote:Louisville is going to dominate this conference. The only program that could even come close is WVU and we have seen how they have done with everything on the line.
One thing is for certain about louisville and the BE, they will not dominate it the way they dominated cusa with 50-70 point wins every week.
07-19-2005 05:01 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Notre Dame is the unofficial 9th team.
07-19-2005 05:33 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

I think it's very realistic to expect at least five bowl eligible teams every year. With only sevben conference games, every team has an opportunity to schedule one good rivalry game, one tough OOC team and a couple of DI cup cakes. Go 4 and 3 in conference and 2 and 2 OOC...there you have it. Five teams can do 6 and 5 or better. If a team has aspirations of a National title, they can schedule three toughies and a forth decent team along with the in conference schedule.

And by the way, Louisville will not dominate the conference. I personally hope they win it every year, but that's unlikely. I would be happy if they were the best team in the conference over a period of time, but this conference is going to grow to be so strong that not even the best team will dominate.
07-19-2005 07:05 PM
WVUGeo1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Well St. Patrick since I can't talk about 88 I never wanna hear anything about flutie at bc in those days cuz that was far too long ago.
07-19-2005 09:10 PM
WVUGeo1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

On second thought there St. Patrick I've decided I don't have to defend my school to you ever...I have decided we are going to be just fine so don't worry yourself.
07-19-2005 09:17 PM
Advertisement

1st String

I Root For:

WVUGeo1 Wrote:Well St. Patrick since I can't talk about 88 I never wanna hear anything about flutie at bc in those days cuz that was far too long ago.
Don't worry WVUGeo1, I can promise you that I will never bring up Doug Flutie. 03-wink
07-19-2005 09:38 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Hey..I'll talk about Doug Flutie...lifetime 0-4 against West Virginia....WVU was the only team in the east Flutie didn't beat

Jackson
07-19-2005 09:56 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

WVUGeo1 Wrote:Well St. Patrick since I can't talk about 88 I never wanna hear anything about flutie at bc in those days cuz that was far too long ago.
I think St Patrick eagle is not a Boston College eagles fan. I think he is the lesser Southern Miss golden eagles fan from cusa.
07-19-2005 11:13 PM
MHSCard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville/ND

cuseroc Wrote:
One thing is for certain about louisville and the BE, they will not dominate it the way they dominated cusa with 50-70 point wins every week.
For the record; I will be happy as long as we win by one point every game! :D
07-19-2005 11:44 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.