Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Killer Frogs???
Bearcats#1 Online
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Sorry, but I'm new to this board (just a bench warmer at this point) and I've seen several posts about how someone doesn't want the particular discussion to turn into "Killer Frogs II" and so if someone wouldn't mind, just out of curiosity, what was this about.

A brief summary would be great.

Thanks.

Go Bearcats!!
07-20-2005 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

there was a board set up by TCU fans called "Killerfrogs"

It basically turned into a CUSA board in which there was no constructive discussion and alot of unwarranted bitching amongst CUSA fans
07-20-2005 01:50 PM
Bearcats#1 Online
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Thanks!
07-20-2005 02:06 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I liked Killerfrogs. Too bad it's gone. I don't know where all those guys go now.
07-20-2005 04:47 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

Yune hasn't been seen in weeks, thankfully. As for the rest of the killerfrogs faithful, most of the serious posters from the holdover schools moved to the C-USA board over here after TCU announced their move.
07-20-2005 05:54 PM
Advertisement

CardFANATIC Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL, Neb,OM, EWU

Quote: I liked Killerfrogs.

I liked it before it turned into nothing but a smack board.
07-20-2005 07:27 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

CardFANATIC Wrote:
Quote: I liked Killerfrogs.

I liked it before it turned into nothing but a smack board.
True, finding rational posts on there took effort. Very little actual athletic discussion could be found.
07-21-2005 07:14 AM
Woodycuse Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Fanatical Wrote:there was a board set up by TCU fans called "Killerfrogs"

It basically turned into a CUSA board in which there was no constructive discussion and alot of unwarranted bitching amongst CUSA fans
Fans of TCU were able to "talk smack"? Welcome to the the big time boys. We are used to going head to head with the hordes of trailer trash fans from Virginia Tech, the know it all Chowderheads from Boston College and the Miami fans sending posts from their prison cells. I don't think a Horned Frog or whatever they are would be any challenge.
07-21-2005 09:32 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

The problem wasn't only TCU fans, many schools had trolls (SMiss had quite a few). The board used to be very good but every thread would turn into a flamefest. EVERY thread. It just got really old and wasn't even worth reading.
07-21-2005 10:06 AM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Fanatical Wrote:The problem wasn't only TCU fans, many schools had trolls (SMiss had quite a few). The board used to be very good but every thread would turn into a flamefest. EVERY thread. It just got really old and wasn't even worth reading.
Funny how a UC fan acuses SOUTHERN MISS fans of being trolls....notice that he doesn't accuse any of the defectors fans of being one....lol.....typical......there were plenty from all schools...including Cincinnati...
07-22-2005 09:05 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

O.G. Eagle Wrote:
Fanatical Wrote:The problem wasn't only TCU fans, many schools had trolls (SMiss had quite a few). The board used to be very good but every thread would turn into a flamefest. EVERY thread. It just got really old and wasn't even worth reading.
Funny how a UC fan acuses SOUTHERN MISS fans of being trolls....notice that he doesn't accuse any of the defectors fans of being one....lol.....typical......there were plenty from all schools...including Cincinnati...
They were not trolls - just people with very few, if any, intelligent posts in the waning days of that board.

As for defectors - I prefer to call us opportunists.
07-22-2005 09:27 AM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators

Don't forget the mods there let many posters post without consequence while censorship was alive and well for others.
07-22-2005 11:58 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

Crewdogz Wrote:Don't forget the mods there let many posters post without consequence while censorship was alive and well for others.
Yes - once the teams left for the Big East - you could say nothing derogatory about remaining or even future CUSA teams but the teams that left were fair game, even though we were still in the conference.
07-22-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

MichiganTiger Wrote:Yune hasn't been seen in weeks, thankfully. As for the rest of the killerfrogs faithful, most of the serious posters from the holdover schools moved to the C-USA board over here after TCU announced their move.
It was a good board without Yune!
07-22-2005 10:05 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

O.G. Eagle Wrote:
We made sport of each other, but Yune was the only real troll. 04-cheers
07-22-2005 10:06 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

bearcatfan Wrote:
Crewdogz Wrote:Don't forget the mods there let many posters post without consequence while censorship was alive and well for others.
Yes - once the teams left for the Big East - you could say nothing derogatory about remaining or even future CUSA teams but the teams that left were fair game, even though we were still in the conference.
But Yune was allowed to flam away! Capital Pirate was a Nazis Mod! 04-rock
07-22-2005 10:08 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

O.G. Eagle Wrote:
O.G. if you're gonna really get upset at any one school who left your conference it shouldn't be Cincy. Cincy in all reality should have been invited when Temple, Miami, Rutgers, West Virginia, Va Tech, Pitt, BC, and Cuse setup the BE FB side. And like Miami they should have been given an all-sports invite. Cincy played RU, SU, PSU, and TU very regularly back then, in fact they've played Temple very regularly up until very recently. Cincy was an eastern independent and was and still is a very powerful basketball program. UC is at last at home where it belongs. Louisville can be argued similarly and they really did have a homecoming by joining its just not to the extent that Cincinnati has had a homecoming.
07-22-2005 11:03 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.