Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Paul Hazel whiffs
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Paul Hazel whiffs
Love the kids motor.

The face mask was a result of him reaching out to grab Scheelhase as he was being held and horse collared having beaten his man on a line stunt.

On several occasions he was "wreaking havoc".

But one point, he plays upright at the point of impact or supposed impact.

At least twice, maybe thrice he had the Frightened Illini QB right in front of him, all 5'11 of the QB and all 6'5 of PH, with a head of steam.

Duck, whiff and scamper. All of these should have been crushing blows to Scheelhase. But to his credit he ducked, Paul grabbed air and off scampers the QB.

Now I don't remember if those scampers resulted in the Illini breaking contain and getting first downs or what not. What I do know is I had a level of frustration that Paul should have way laid him on every occasion.

I'm sure it will be pointed out. I don't know what would have come of it other than I did note that on the sideline Scheelhase had that 1,000 yard stare into space. One or two more bell ringings and they would have had to play their freshman who passes well but won't/can't run the option (nor really a threat to run after faking those dives). When Illinois passed, WMU was very effective. When they ran (2nd half) it began to wear our kids down and minimized the opportunity for the Illini to make mistakes. It kept our O off the field and their D was resting. Just the opposite of the 1st half where we should have been up 17-10.
09-25-2011 02:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.