Heisman

I Root For: NIU
Can we stop Snoop Dogg's Cousin!?!?
No. 3 Andre Broadous
Quarterback
6-0 • 205 • Junior
Portland, OR / Grant HS

[Image: Broadous.jpg][Image: 200802snoop.jpg]

Expected to be Cal Poly’s starting quarterback.

2010 -- Started four games as a sophomore at quarterback and backed up Tony Smith in one other contest ... completed 64.1 percent of his passes, 41 of 64, for 510 yards and four touchdowns ... longest pass was a 75-yarder to Dominique Johnson for a touchdown against Old Dominion ... did not throw an interception ... also rushed 87 times for 305 yards and three scores, including two against Old Dominion ... ran 39 yards for a touchdown against McNeese State, his longest run of the year ... the five games in which he played all were during midseason five-game road trip ... missed first two games of season with high ankle sprain as well as final four contests with a shoulder sprain ... passed for 212 yards and two scores and rushed for 38 yards and two scores against Old Dominion ... completed 19 of 31 passes, both season highs, for 201 yards and a touchdown against Southern Utah; also rushed for 65 yards on 21 trips against the Thunderbirds ... rushed for season-high 89 yards and a TD against No. 19 McNeese State in first college start, leading Mustangs to 40-7 win and snapping eight-game road losing streak ... completed all four passes for 36 yards and rushed six times for 30 yards in 2011 Spring Game.

2009 -- Played in three games as a redshirt freshman backup quarterback ... rushed for eight yards on nine carries, including a seven-yard run against Montana ... also had four-yard runs versus Sacramento State and Dixie State ... did not attempt a pass ... completed all four pass attempts for 91 yards and a touchdown and also rushed 74 yards 14 carries and one score in spring game.

2008 -- Redshirt.

High School – An all-state Class 6A quarterback under head coach Dailio Lewis at Grant High School in Portland, Oregon ... threw 44 touchdown passes and rushed for 35 more scores in his last two seasons, leading the Generals to 21 wins in their last 24 games ... ss a senior, Broadous completed 62.7 percent of his passes (141 of 225) for 2,064 yards and 20 touchdowns, best in the Portland Interscholastic League ... his 992 yards on 151 rushes (6.6 average per carry) and 18 touchdowns were No. 2 in the league as Broadous led Grant to a 12-1 mark, the PIL title and a berth in the semifinal round of Oregon’s Class 6A playoffs ... first-team all-state as both a quarterback and defensive back in 2007, earned Oregon state player of the year honors and was Portland Public Schools co-offensive player of the year for Class 6A ... as a junior, passed for 24 touchdowns and ran for 17 more ... accumulated 6,000 yards in total offense in the 2006 and 2007 seasons combined ... Grant was city champs both years ... also lettered in basketball and baseball ... earned all-state honors as a center fielder in baseball and played on state championship basketball team ... lost a total of four games in threee varsity football seasons ... maintained 3.0 GPA or better all four years ... visited Portland State and Oregon State before choosing Cal Poly.

Personal – Son of James Broadous and Tracy Clegg ... no siblings ... cousin Calvin Broadus is better known as Snoop Dogg ... works as event manager for A-Team Entertainment, a security firm, during the offseason … born September 4, 1989, in Portland, Ore. … majors in recreation with a concentration in sports management.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 07:19 PM by NIU32.)
09-20-2011 07:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

RE: Can we stop Snoop Dogg's Cousin!?!?
Keep him away from Clark when he's in town. Send Tracy Wilson over there before game time.
09-20-2011 07:28 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-20-2011 07:28 PM)7 Wrote:  Keep him away from Clark when he's in town. Send Tracy Wilson over there before game time.

So bad but so funny...03-lmfao
09-20-2011 08:56 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Will Snoop be here on the sidelines? Guess it is only at USC games. That is the type of celebrity I would like to have be the face of my organization
09-21-2011 10:57 AM
yesman815 Offline
All American

hahaha that is Awesome!!!
09-21-2011 11:04 AM
Advertisement

NIUAlum90 Offline
All American

Can we stop him? Would throwing a blunt to him on the sidelines get him to reconsider his motives and/or look for a bag of Doritos??
09-21-2011 11:25 AM
alohafri Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Huskies!
If he's like Snoop, he can probably be stopped with a bag of Cheetos.
09-21-2011 12:02 PM
Advertisement

KenStomper Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cal Poly
(09-21-2011 12:02 PM)alohafri Wrote:  If he's like Snoop, he can probably be stopped with a bag of Cheetos.

People in SLO are actually pretty cool about weed.. as in, they realize people need other forms of relaxation than just booze.. and it isn't damaging like booze is to the liver and heart.

If you don't like my fire..

Why do you think our Helmets are green? and gold? (the flame)

Our anthem is "Ride High You Mustangs...."
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2011 06:36 PM by KenStomper.)
09-21-2011 06:29 PM
KenStomper Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cal Poly
09-22-2011 02:25 AM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Ain't nuthin' but a D thang, baaaabay!
09-22-2011 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Can't believe this was 10 years ago!!!

http://northernstar.info/city/article_f5...937a5.html
09-22-2011 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huskies22 Offline
Water Engineer

Can we get the band to play Gin and Juice?
09-22-2011 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.