Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please Help to Stop This Execution!
Whinny1 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Iowa
Please Help to Stop This Execution!
Won't you read and consider signing this petition to prevent a probably innocent man from being put to death later this week?

Thank you.

http://signon.org/sign/stop-the-executio..._by=906476
09-19-2011 08:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stdatwmu Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Please Help to Stop This Execution!
Done and done.
09-19-2011 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
I signed it, but Moveon.org better not start sending me their propaganda.
09-19-2011 09:26 AM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

Thanks, guys.

You know how to unsubscribe if you need to, Dip. Otherwise, just delete. I don't remember if they use the petitions as a mailing list or not. Wouldn't have mattered to me, since I don't have a problem with their kind of activism.
09-19-2011 05:07 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
(09-19-2011 09:26 AM)Chipdip Wrote:  I signed it, but Moveon.org better not start sending me their propaganda.

An honest to goodness compassionate conservative? No way.
09-19-2011 09:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(09-19-2011 09:04 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(09-19-2011 09:26 AM)Chipdip Wrote:  I signed it, but Moveon.org better not start sending me their propaganda.

An honest to goodness compassionate conservative? No way.

No, has nothing to do with compassion. Compassion simply means "you think you care more" than other people. I see lots of people who claim to care, who pass the plate as soon as it comes down their row.

I deal in logic. The argument put up seems to indicate there is more than enough evidence to create doubt of his guilt. Nor am I a big fan of capital punishment, although in some instances I think it's warranted, but it probably isn't much of a deterrent.
09-19-2011 09:24 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(09-19-2011 09:24 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Nor am I a big fan of capital punishment, although in some instances I think it's warranted, but it probably isn't much of a deterrent.

I'm left of chipdip, but as I get older, I find more reasons for people to die.

However, my mother said that you cannot be pro-capital punishment unless you are willing to throw the switch. So I guess I'm still pro life.

GO BRONCOS!
09-19-2011 10:13 PM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

Executing even one innocent man is one too many, yet it's happened too often, especially for minorities with limited finances who have to depend on court-ordered counsel. In Troy Davis's case, in spite of the incredible uproar about this case, the Georgia Parole Board (which is very proud of the fact that they have never reversed a decision) has ordered the execution to proceed. Troy Davis, who has no evidence linking him to the crime, will lose his life on Wednesday. Another legalized murder of a probably innocent black man.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0920/T...al-support
09-20-2011 12:44 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Executing even one innocent man is one too many

How bout 1 innocent unborn baby? 05-stirthepot

I know, I know........it's not a human until it pops its head out the woman's ******.
09-20-2011 04:50 PM
notauser Offline
1st String

Prisoners are coddled in this country, Seth Privacky killed his entire family and after a few years in a maximum security prison was moved to a MEDIUM security prison where he would later escape. He would be KILLED by a law officer after his escape who was justified to use that force (if you kill your entire family... who wouldn't you kill?) but if he was in a MAXIMUM security prison this probably never would have happened. Now you have an officer that has to live with that for the rest of his life, because of the stupid state. I don't know that he deserved all the perks medium security inmates get even if he was well behaved, his siblings and his brothers girlfriend don't get to watch TV in their room, and play basketball outside, or hold a job even if it is menial like laundry or whatever.

SOME things in this country are just too liberal for me, like our corrections system thanks to ACLU lawsuits and white guilt. People convicted of capital crimes ARE guilty, have the right to appeal, but should be put in a cell 24/7, be given food water and access to books, receive only BASIC medical care (why should law abiding uninsured people go without medical treatment?), and be taken out of their cell for one hour a week to shower while a cleaning crew sprays out their barren cell that contains only a sink and toilet. They should be denied all access to the outside world including family visits, newspapers, and television since the victims have lost access to all that as well. People convicted of capital crimes can't be rehabilitated.

That said, I don't support the death penalty for anyone.
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 04:59 PM by notauser.)
09-20-2011 04:57 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

edit:
ONE BLOCKED today but not this one
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 07:01 PM by okgc.)
09-20-2011 06:57 PM
Advertisement

chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-20-2011 04:50 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  
Quote:Executing even one innocent man is one too many

How bout 1 innocent unborn baby? 05-stirthepot

I know, I know........it's not a human until it pops its head out the woman's ******.

I find it ironic that a lot of the right wing of the GOP firmly believe that life begins at conception...and ends at birth.

Once born you are on your own. Need health care? Sorry. Facing an execution for a murder you may not have committed? Sorry. Lost your job and need assistance? Sorry.
09-21-2011 10:24 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:I find it ironic that a lot of the right wing of the GOP firmly believe that life begins at conception...and ends at birth.

Really, you know a lot of right wingers throwing their babies into dumpsters?

Face it, folks on the left hate to go anywhere near the subject of abortion. That's why they try to use sanitizing words like................."pro choice, right to choose, etc." It has a better ring to it, than "ground up, chemically burned, baby." (don't make me show pictures).

Furthermore, both sides weaken their argument by refusing to find a middle ground. They choose to see no difference in a first trimester glob of cells, and a late term fully developed baby.

Most right thinking people get the difference, and have more of a cafeteria approach to abortion, in that they're willing to allow first trimester abortions (not a half dozen mind you, that's what birth control is for), but less willing to allow late trimester abortions unless there are complications beyond........."Oh, I guess I don't want to go through with this."

But those on both extremes see it as an all or nothing game, and so the slaughter continues. The far right anti-abortion crowd takes the religious approach that God knows you are murdering and the sin is on you. The far left pro-abortion crowd tries to sell it as only a woman's issue rather than what it truly is, A CASH COW. So while I don't agree with the far rights position, it certainly is more of a values approach than the phony money making position of the far left.
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 06:11 AM by Chipdip.)
09-22-2011 06:03 AM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
(09-20-2011 04:57 PM)notauser Wrote:  Prisoners are coddled in this country, Seth Privacky killed his entire family and after a few years in a maximum security prison was moved to a MEDIUM security prison where he would later escape. He would be KILLED by a law officer after his escape who was justified to use that force (if you kill your entire family... who wouldn't you kill?) but if he was in a MAXIMUM security prison this probably never would have happened. Now you have an officer that has to live with that for the rest of his life, because of the stupid state. I don't know that he deserved all the perks medium security inmates get even if he was well behaved, his siblings and his brothers girlfriend don't get to watch TV in their room, and play basketball outside, or hold a job even if it is menial like laundry or whatever.

SOME things in this country are just too liberal for me, like our corrections system thanks to ACLU lawsuits and white guilt. People convicted of capital crimes ARE guilty, have the right to appeal, but should be put in a cell 24/7, be given food water and access to books, receive only BASIC medical care (why should law abiding uninsured people go without medical treatment?), and be taken out of their cell for one hour a week to shower while a cleaning crew sprays out their barren cell that contains only a sink and toilet. They should be denied all access to the outside world including family visits, newspapers, and television since the victims have lost access to all that as well. People convicted of capital crimes can't be rehabilitated.

That said, I don't support the death penalty for anyone.

**** Privacky. One of the few times I wish Michigan had a death penalty statute. In a state that includes Detroit, he had the largest single killing ever until earlier this year in Grand Rapids.

/from Muskegon and knew a few of the victims
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2011 07:16 AM by bronconick.)
09-22-2011 07:13 AM
ESSSS Offline
All American

I Root For:
Thoughts?

White supremacist executed for Texas dragging
By MICHAEL GRACZYK

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) -- White supremacist gang member Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed Wednesday evening for the infamous dragging death slaying of James Byrd Jr., a black man from East Texas.

Byrd, 49, was chained to the back of a pickup truck and pulled whip-like to his death along a bumpy asphalt road in one of the most grisly hate crime murders in recent Texas history.

Brewer, 44, was asked if he had any final words, to which he replied: "No. I have no final statement."

He glanced at his parents watching through a nearby window, took several deep breaths and closed his eyes. A single tear hung on the edge of his right eye as he was pronounced dead at 6:21 p.m., 10 minutes after the lethal drugs began flowing into his arms, both covered with intricate black tattoos.
09-22-2011 08:11 AM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
^ Now that guy I had no problem getting the needle.
09-22-2011 09:44 AM
Advertisement

acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Interesting juxtaposition in this discussion. We go from a very questionable case of using the death penalty to other extreme.

I'm a believer that evil exist in some people to the extent that the death penalty is a right solution as in the case ESSS uses with James Byrd Jr. In this case the crime is so heinous the penalty is "just". In fact I know some will say that his death was more humane than that of his victim.

On the other hand, I'm not an advocate of the death penalty for persons such as Troy Davis. Yes a peace officer was killed, but that is the risk that every police officer understands is his fate. The evidence as I've read is "shaky" so why would any judge and / or jury exact the death penalty in this case. Now understand that I don't know all of the facts, and evidence that was presented at the trial, and I'm smart enough to know that "all of the evidence" is not necessarly presented at every trial. Just remember the O.J. Simpson trial as a reminder.

The death penalty should not be something thrown out on a whim, but it should be used so that society does not bear the burden of
09-22-2011 09:49 AM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Well, I guess I pushed the wrong button before completing my thoughts.

the burden of maintaining the life of someone that has no regard for "human life".

I will stay away from the abortion issue, that should not enter into this discussion.

Always proud to be a Bronco.
09-22-2011 09:52 AM
Whinny1 Offline
All American

How're y'all feelin' in Georgia this mornin'? Still got that "morning after" rush going on from executing a probably innocent man?

This old song from the 70's just magically popped into my head a minute ago:

"That's the night that the lights went out in Georgia
That's the night that they hung an innocent man
Well, don't trust your soul to no backwoods, southerly lawyer
'Cos the judge in the town's got blood stains on his hands"

I'm saddened and sickened. We must join the civilized countries of our world and eliminate the death penalty, which is nothing short of legalized murder.
09-22-2011 10:52 AM
DrDavis Offline
2nd String

Just signed the petition. Hope it all works out.
09-22-2011 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.