Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
OT: Two weeks away for Amanda. PLEASE PRAY!
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

Greetings to all. Thank you to each of you who take the time to click on this thread and read this. I especially appreciate all those who reply and tell me that they have taken time to pray or have put Amanda on their prayer list at church or with their friends.

I come today to bring you up to speed on where we are and where we are going. I especially wanted to encourage those praying for her to please KEEP PRAYING! For those who have not read about our situation, forgive me not reposting the whole ordeal, but please pray for her and add her to your prayer lists as well. Wouldn’t Sunday be a perfect time to bring her up in prayer and share this situation with your friends. I pray you remember her at that time.

Amanda will have her next MRI on Monday, August 22nd at 2:30. We will have an appointment time with two doctors on Wednesday, August 24th. We will meet with our neurosurgeon at 1:30 and our necrologist at 2:15 on that day. We will then learn of our next step. Currently, Amanda is feeling well. The only symptom that is still with us is her tongue numbness, and it is only slightly numb today. If the MRI shows the lesion being gone from her brain stem, then we will be part of a miracle from God and that is exactly what we are asking for through prayer. If that happens, she will likely still be slowed down in her activities until a final MRI, which would be 4-6 months down the road, for clearance. If the lesion is still in her stem, both doctors have told us they would recommend the surgery earlier recommended. We have been told by several people that the doctor at Duke University is the best, and that is the strongest option. Other options are having it locally, and Amanda even mentioned the possibility of refusing to have it at all.

So, we have two weeks to pump up our prayers and keep asking God for His hand. An awesome thing about God is that He can heal through medicine, doctors, or just His will. We ask Him for His will to escape brain surgery and the possibilities that exists from it. On behalf of Amanda and our two children, thank you for your attention, and I promise to post the outcome, good or bad, soon thereafter.

Yours because His,
Eagle in the Gym
Bill Broadhead
08-06-2005 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CardFan636 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: "TBCSTIA"

I don't share your belief system, but I am hoping for the very best for you both. It sounds like she's been very brave in facing it and is in excellent hands.
08-06-2005 06:33 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

CardFan636 Wrote:I don't share your belief system, but I am hoping for the very best for you both. It sounds like she's been very brave in facing it and is in excellent hands.
Same here, Eagle fan. You seem to be a very caring individual who is both loyal and faithful. I am very sorry to hear the problem that is plagueing your family. I certainly wish for the most successful outcome for you and your family. keep strong, and stay faithful.
08-06-2005 07:13 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.