Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why Notre Dame?
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Why Notre Dame?
My son just suggested the best reason to have Notre Dame in the ACC would be to have another team that we could always root against.....He said it would be just like having another Dook only viable in football.
09-18-2011 07:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
RE: Why Notre Dame?
(09-18-2011 07:05 PM)XLance Wrote:  My son just suggested the best reason to have Notre Dame in the ACC would be to have another team that we could always root against.....He said it would be just like having another Dook only viable in football.

I'd love to have ND join the league for all sports. But what are the chances of that happening if they "truly" were kept in the dark by SU and Pitt as Swarbrick claims?

With the Big Ten in no rush to expand, ND can try the Catholic Big East approach and remain indy for a few years. They might actually like it.

Cheers,
Neil
09-18-2011 07:10 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't think the ACC will be in any rush to go to 16.
Do you think that 'cuse and Pitt will have to wait the 27 months? Swofford incicated the ACC would be willing to abide by all of the Big East by-laws re: teams leaving the conference.
09-18-2011 07:34 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-18-2011 07:34 PM)XLance Wrote:  I don't think the ACC will be in any rush to go to 16.

Do you think that 'cuse and Pitt will have to wait the 27 months? Swofford incicated the ACC would be willing to abide by all of the Big East by-laws re: teams leaving the conference.

Absolutely not. I think we will be playing in the ACC in 2012. The dominoes are falling too fast not to.

Cheers,
Neil
09-18-2011 07:38 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
$$$$$$$$
09-18-2011 07:40 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

The basketball schools will end up with a nice chunk of change with all of the exit fees won't they?
09-18-2011 07:42 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(09-18-2011 07:42 PM)XLance Wrote:  The basketball schools will end up with a nice chunk of change with all of the exit fees won't they?

They certainly will. Hope they don't spend it all too quickly. They'll need it to help offset the lowering of their TV contracts.

Maybe ESPN/Raycom can make that bb league a subsidiary of the ACC Network to come in the future?

Cheers,
Neil
09-18-2011 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.