Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Most underachieving teams in Big East history
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse

1998 West Virgini mountaneers by far. It makes me cry to think what this team could have done

They had "real" National Championship talent.

1994 SU orange after coming off the Fiesta win over Colorado they flopped
08-08-2005 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:1998 West Virgini mountaneers by far. It makes me cry to think what this team could have done

-- :crying: ... That team could have done so much...just didn't have the defense

-- the 2003 Pitt Panthers come to mind as a big time underachieving team....also the 2003 Hokies were rankes as high as #3 and finished 8-5 (unranked)

Jackson
08-08-2005 05:15 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Pitt 2001. Walt Harris installs a spread offense without the personnel to run it and Pitt goes 1-5 to begin the season. Walt junks the spread and Pitt goes 6-0 just destroying people. Pitt 2003 is a close second, but Walt's experiment with the spread set the program back a few years.
08-08-2005 05:20 PM
Advertisement

pitt83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: P I T T

2001 PITT? 98 WV? No way. Hands down would be the 83 Panthers. Jimbo Covert, Tim Lewis, Dan the man, Bryan Thomas, Julius Dawkins, Bill Maas, Jim Sweeney, Dwight Collins, Joe McCall, Bill Fralic, Doleman (all NFLers) and they ended up with 3 losses!

If that wasn't underacheiving, then I am not sure what is. Of course, this was Foges team....maybe that explains it.
08-08-2005 05:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
pitt83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: P I T T

whoops, I just now saw the header..."in Big East history". Sorry 'bout that. :red:
08-08-2005 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

The team you're referring to was the '82 Panthers. Preseason #1. Lost two games and didn't look at all like Jackie Sherrill's teams. First clue that Foge wasn't gonna be the man. It was my Freshman year at Pitt. There are lots of things I don't remember from that year 04-drinky but that I remember too well.
08-08-2005 05:47 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.