Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for the board
Bookmark and Share
jaguarbob Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Jaguars
Question for the board
Ok .35-13 on the road against a middle of the road AQ conference member by a team in its 3rd year of existence and first year of transition to FBS . What is our grade in the world of big boy football? Be brutal in your honesty. Where do we stand compared to others in transition? Is the belt proud or disappointed?
09-17-2011 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Online
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: Question for the board
(09-17-2011 08:19 PM)jaguarbob Wrote:  Ok .35-13 on the road against a middle of the road AQ conference member by a team in its 3rd year of existence and first year of transition to FBS . What is our grade in the world of big boy football? Be brutal in your honesty. Where do we stand compared to others in transition? Is the belt proud or disappointed?

I'd place you ahead of wku at this point...
09-17-2011 08:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(09-17-2011 08:59 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  
(09-17-2011 08:19 PM)jaguarbob Wrote:  Ok .35-13 on the road against a middle of the road AQ conference member by a team in its 3rd year of existence and first year of transition to FBS . What is our grade in the world of big boy football? Be brutal in your honesty. Where do we stand compared to others in transition? Is the belt proud or disappointed?

I'd place you ahead of wku at this point...

Agreed.
09-17-2011 09:01 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte

Very good . . based solely on final score that is very similar to stAte's final score against an unranked Illini team . . Go South . . Go SBC 02-13-banana
09-17-2011 09:09 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I think it's a very good showing. You guys are very young, and that's a respectable score.
09-17-2011 09:33 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State

Does USA get FBS transfers who don't have to sit a year?

Some FCS schools live off those guys - like UCA who stAte will play next week. QB from Arkansas, WR from Ole Miss, etc.
09-17-2011 10:17 PM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
South is ahead of Western Kentucky.
09-17-2011 10:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-17-2011 10:17 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  

Does USA get FBS transfers who don't have to sit a year?

Some FCS schools live off those guys - like UCA who stAte will play next week. QB from Arkansas, WR from Ole Miss, etc.

Not anymore. That ended last year.
09-17-2011 10:40 PM
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Beleive that you have a winnable FBS game next week vs Kent State.
09-17-2011 11:03 PM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
It's very impressive. I think USA would win a couple of Sun Belt games this year and play tough in many. When the no-penalty transfer pipeline bursts, however, the program must rebuild under IA rules. That is where teams like WKU have suffered.
09-17-2011 11:12 PM
Gakusei Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
Considering that other startup UTSA has been beaten in the last two weeks by an FCS team (45-22) and a Div 3 team (24-21), and Texas State-San Marcos got run out of the stadium by Texas Tech and Wyoming, not bad at all. Hopefully by 2013, that game would be a win or close to it.
09-17-2011 11:22 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

USA played them as close as Liberty did. WHo does the schedule at NC St.?
09-18-2011 12:16 AM
Atlanta Trojan Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Id put USA ahead of WKU and FAU.....
09-18-2011 12:19 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
One is not a very instructive sample. You never know what the other team was wanting to do in the game.

That said, I think it was a fine effort and speaks well to USA's development plan which I believe should be studied by anyone adding football.
09-19-2011 09:52 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
Moral Victory for USA v. NC St.

Moral victory v. Kent would be to finish within a t.d.

Finally, moral victories are one thing....actual victories are a whole 'nother story. We are the Champs of moral victories. 03-banghead
09-19-2011 09:56 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I am very impressed so far.
09-19-2011 01:51 PM
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
With the Cajuns having played @ Kent State earlier this season, and winning 20-12, and with USA going to Kent State this weekend, I'm very curious as to what happens in that game!
09-19-2011 01:54 PM
WestEndRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Honestly, I haven't really been following South Alabama, so I really don't know what to think. However, everything that I have been hearing, seems to be positive, from wins and attendance wise. I wish USA the best moving forward and look forward to the upcoming games against them.
09-19-2011 02:04 PM
Geaux Cajuns Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-19-2011 01:54 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  With the Cajuns having played @ Kent State earlier this season, and winning 20-12, and with USA going to Kent State this weekend, I'm very curious as to what happens in that game!

Playing conditions dictated a 20-12 score for the Cajuns. 1:20 minute weather delay and roughly 6 inches of rain fell during the game.

That being said, it will be interesting to see how South Al holds up going against two FBS schools in a row.
09-19-2011 03:19 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
How about another win streak?
09-19-2011 06:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.