Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
USF releases it's new FootBULL
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

[Image: F108751.jpg][Image: TF108762.jpg][Image: TF108763.jpg][Image: TF108755.jpg][Image: F108759.jpg][Image: DSC_7271.jpg]
08-10-2005 12:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The new uniforms look pretty sharp.

And that cheerleader is smoking hot.....
08-10-2005 12:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

I don't know...looks like they were trying to cover the spectrum with the cheerleaders. You've got your hot sexy spice girl cheerleader in the front with the hair and the come hither vixen look. Then right behind her you've got your pale, squeaky clean school marm girl who works at the library on weeks and made the team cause her grandma is the chair of the biology department.

All jokes aside, nice uniforms and nice cheerleaders.
08-10-2005 02:50 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I like the uniforms. They are quite plain and traditional looking. It's nice. Do you wear the white pants at home or still go all green. I liked the all green look. It was more intimidating. Man, I remember back on killerfrogs always arguing that ya'll should go with more of a Oregon look. I think ya'lls unis are sharp now. Good luck this season.
08-10-2005 08:50 PM
Advertisement

USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Army56Mike Wrote:I like the uniforms. They are quite plain and traditional looking. It's nice. Do you wear the white pants at home or still go all green. I liked the all green look. It was more intimidating. Man, I remember back on killerfrogs always arguing that ya'll should go with more of a Oregon look. I think ya'lls unis are sharp now. Good luck this season.
Traditionally (cough), the unis have been green on green, and I expect more of that this year.

But there have been quite a few times we have worn green on white in the past.

Only in Ncaa football 2004 and 2005 do we have green jerseys on gold pants...odd.
08-11-2005 12:50 AM
I'm Not Dutch Hoffman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Saw elsewhere that the helmets will actually have a black logo and black facemask. Is that correct?

And if so, why?
08-12-2005 08:59 AM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I'm Not Dutch Hoffman Wrote:Saw elsewhere that the helmets will actually have a black logo and black facemask. Is that correct?

And if so, why?
To stand out better. Both really blended into the helmet in the past.

We wanted to keep green, but since changing the helmet color was not an option, it had to be black to be more visible.

Personally, I like it. It reminds me of my philadelphia eagles to use black as a 3rd color.

Note to the comment about the cheerleader spectrum: I bet you'd take EITHER of those girls, so don't go kidding around :laugh: .
08-12-2005 03:37 PM
Advertisement

rcmfuzzy Offline
Stupendousman

I Root For: Memphis

hot cheerleader, but is she there now? I've seen that pic before, and no reason visiting USF if you haven't brought in more "talent" 03-wink :D
08-12-2005 05:34 PM
SwamiEER Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

1. Uniforms look good. Fairly traditional, I like that.

2. I concur. That cheerleader has it GOIN ON ! ! Yummy. :la:
08-12-2005 09:23 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

rcmfuzzy Wrote:hot cheerleader, but is she there now? I've seen that pic before, and no reason visiting USF if you haven't brought in more "talent" 03-wink :D
Our sundolls actually tend to be better, but they're all pretty nice. Even close up, unlike some other states in the south :angel: .
08-12-2005 10:35 PM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS

I like the uniforms and agree, that girl is smoking.........
08-13-2005 03:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina

Attn: USF posters

I have wondered one thing since South Florida unveiled your new logo.

Why do you have just the U on the helmet with the bull horns instead of the USF (with the bullhorns on the U) logo on your helmet. Why did they not spell out USF on the helmets? It seems to me that those who have no clue who or what USF is would have no idea who the school with the U on the side of the helmet is.

We all are Universities so the U would apply to us all. (minus the horns)

I just did not understand this decision and the marketing behind it. Is there a bigger picture to it that I am missing?

Also it seems that the U color has been changed to black instead of green on your helmets this year. I do not understand this either. Your colors are green and gold correct?

*Please note that this is not a flame post, just curiosity on my part.
08-16-2005 08:09 PM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

RIVER CITY PIRATE Wrote:Attn: USF posters

Why do you have just the U on the helmet with the bull horns instead of the USF (with the bullhorns on the U) logo on your helmet. Why did they not spell out USF on the helmets? It seems to me that those who have no clue who or what USF is would have no idea who the school with the U on the side of the helmet is.

We all are Universities so the U would apply to us all. (minus the horns)

I just did not understand this decision and the marketing behind it. Is there a bigger picture to it that I am missing?

Also it seems that the U color has been changed to black instead of green on your helmets this year. I do not understand this either. Your colors are green and gold correct?

Let me explain. ECU needs to show/ explain who they are. When you see the UMiami Hurricanes helmet you instantly know who they are. USF is trying through the use of the"iconic" U to get the same instant recogintion. It may take four National Championships but, that is the theroy.

Hope that it helps. 04-cheers
08-16-2005 10:11 PM
Advertisement

RIVER CITY PIRATE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina

Ty-Bull Wrote:
RIVER CITY PIRATE Wrote:Attn: USF posters

Why do you have just the U on the helmet with the bull horns instead of the USF (with the bullhorns on the U) logo on your helmet.  Why did they not spell out USF on the helmets?  It seems to me that those who have no clue who or what USF is would have no idea who the school with the U on the side of the helmet is.

We all are Universities so the U would apply to us all.  (minus the horns)

I just did not understand this decision and the marketing behind it.  Is there a bigger picture to it that I am missing?

Also it seems that the U color has been changed to black instead of green on your helmets this year.  I do not understand this either.  Your colors are green and gold correct?

Let me explain. ECU needs to show/ explain who they are. When you see the UMiami Hurricanes helmet you instantly know who they are. USF is trying through the use of the"iconic" U to get the same instant recogintion. It may take four National Championships but, that is the theroy.

Hope that it helps. 04-cheers
Ty Bull,

I was not flaming there Bull. I would take a risk (ha ha) and go out on a limb and say more people recognize ole EC than they do with USF.

The U that Miami has is a symbol for a hurricane. It is not a U. The U on your helmet just did not make any sense to me. Not a put down or smart remark just an observation and quesiton.
08-17-2005 07:20 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Sorry but the U in Miami has nothing to do with Hurricanes, at one point they had UM in the helmet and then dropped the M, it has always stood as the "UNIVERSITY" of Miami.
08-17-2005 07:44 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

The U has horns which represents Bulls. You could say the same thing about
NCST having an S on their helmet for State it could be any State university
or South Carolina having a C rather than SC
or
Eastern Michigan having just an "E" it could be any East or Eastern school.
The reason the U with horns was chosen over the USF is that in random testing the U was more recognizable,will people around the nation know is USF, not now but as we get more air time and win it will become more recognizable. i see that laready in Miami where i live.
08-17-2005 07:59 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.