Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
6 Big East schools in ESPN Top 25
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

This is going to be a monster of a league, can't wait for the start of both football and basketball.

This is where he has the following Big East Schools ranked:

3. Villanova
5. UConn
9. Louisville
15. West Virginia
21. Syracuse
22. Cincinnati

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2137241' target='_blank'>Andy Katz Top 50 2006 Basketball Teams</a>
08-18-2005 11:41 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Woodycuse Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Choke on that one Dukie V.
08-19-2005 08:37 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

And if TrainedGeese had the insight to invite Memphis... the Big East would have 4 basketball teams in the top ten.

Think about that for a moment. 4 of the top 10 teams in the country would represent the same conference!
08-19-2005 11:11 AM
Advertisement

Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

Woodycuse Wrote:Choke on that one Dukie V.
YESSS!

One thing is for sure - it is even more fun now to despise the ACC!
08-19-2005 11:52 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

I believe the Cats are going to have a strong year.....even with the whole Huggins/Zimpher fiasco!

It's going to be a war EVERY night!!!

Go Cats!!

PS: To All Big East Fans: Wait till you see the UC V.S. UofL basketball games....they are usually phenomenal.....a bitter rivalry!
I can't wait to start some new rivalries as well....maybe Pitt or WVU???
08-21-2005 12:07 AM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Bearcats#1 Wrote:I believe the Cats are going to have a strong year.....even with the whole Huggins/Zimpher fiasco!

Go Cats!!

PS: To All Big East Fans: Wait till you see the UC V.S. UofL basketball games....they are usually phenomenal.....a bitter rivalry!
UC and Pitt should be a brutal rivalry. Man I can't wait for the start of the new league. Tranghese is right, this league does have tremendous upside.

Wanny, Rich Rod, JL in Tampa and of course Petrino as good young coaches in football. Not leaving out coach Robinson, Dantonio and Estill(sp) in Storrs as well.

In basketball we have argubly 4 of the Top 12 Basketball Programs of All Time in Louisville, Cincinnati, UConn, Syracuse with a little of Villanova, GT, Marquette as former Title holders as well in the league.
08-21-2005 12:26 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

Maize Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:I believe the Cats are going to have a strong year.....even with the whole Huggins/Zimpher fiasco!

Go Cats!!

UC and Pitt should be a brutal rivalry. Man I can't wait for the start of the new league. Tranghese is right, this league does have tremendous upside.

Wanny, Rich Rod, JL in Tampa and of course Petrino as good young coaches in football. Not leaving out coach Robinson, Dantonio and Estill(sp) in Storrs as well.

In basketball we have argubly 4 of the Top 12 Basketball Programs of All Time in Louisville, Cincinnati, UConn, Syracuse with a little of Villanova, GT, Marquette as former Title holders as well in the league.
According to Street and Smith's recent publication (I know.....just one opinion)... They rated the Top 100 Basketball Programs of all time.....this ranking took into account, tourney apperances, top 25 finishes, national championships, final fours, etc. etc. al.

Here are where some of the Big East Schools sit:
UofL: #7 all time
UCONN: #9 all time
Cincinnati: #10 all time
Syracuse: #15 all time
St.Johns: #18 all time
GTown: #21 all time
Nova: #33 all time
Marquette: #34 all time
WVirginia: #35 all time

That's not bad!!! 9 schools in the top 35 best basketball programs of all time......3 schools in the top 10......5 schools in top 20!!

Yea...now for this:
The ACC had 2 in the top 10 (Duke, UNC)
and only 3 in top 25!!!!

So: Side by Side:

Big East:
Top 10: 3 (UofL, UCONN, UC)
Top 20: 5 (UofL, UCONN, UC, Cuse, SJU)
Top 35: 9 (UofL, UCONN, UC, Cuse, SJU, GTown, Nova, Marquette, WVU)

ACC:
Top 10: 2 (Duke/UNC)
Top 20: 3 (Duke, UNC, NCST)
Top 35: 4 (Duke, UNC, NCST, Maryland)

Yea....put that in your pipe and smoke it DUKIE V!!!!!
08-21-2005 12:48 AM
Advertisement

gborobearcat Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

We'll only see a change in Vitale's love for duke and the rest of the acc once sheshevski breaks up with him. The Beast will be so good you may have possible sweet 16 teams not making the tourney b/c it'll be that competitive.
08-21-2005 11:06 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Man I wish this year's UC squad was the one that faced Kentucky in the NCAA's last year. Definitely would have eliminated them, on paper. Now we have a 6-9 bruiser at center and a 6-11 backup center, something we didn't have in that Kentucky game. We also added 2 dynamite PGs, Downey is going to be a stud but Tilford is also going to be very good, if accounts are true. There's a strong chance Evans could be available so that gives UC depth, another thing that hurt us in the Kentucky game. Throw in an athletic back-up 6-7 PF and SF, UC is going to be the surprise of the Big East and the country I believe. Huggs and the boys have a ton to prove this year, so they should have a chip on their shoulders. We know how special the Louisville/Cincinnati game is, but UC/Pitt, UC/UConn, Louisville/Syracuse and Louisville/UConn, among other big time games added to the slate? It's going to be fun, no doubt about it! 04-cheers :D
08-21-2005 01:37 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Maize Wrote:In basketball we have argubly 4 of the Top 12 Basketball Programs of All Time in Louisville, Cincinnati, UConn, Syracuse with a little of Villanova, GT, Marquette as former Title holders as well in the league.
And don't forget Final Four finalists like St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence, Depaul and West Virginia.
08-21-2005 01:42 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.