Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

15 years ago today....
Bookmark and Share
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
15 years ago today....
On the night of September 7, 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot multiple times after attending the Mike Tyson–Bruce Seldon boxing match at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Bullets hit him in the chest, pelvis, and his right hand and thigh. One of the rounds apparently ricocheted into Tupac's right lung.

At the hospital, Tupac was in and out of consciousness, was heavily sedated, breathed through a ventilator and respirator, was placed on life support machines, and was ultimately put under a barbiturate-induced coma after repeatedly trying to get out of the bed. Despite having been resuscitated in a trauma center and surviving a multitude of surgeries (as well as the removal of a failed right lung), Tupac had gotten through the critical phase of the medical therapy and was given a 50% chance of pulling through. While in the critical care unit on the afternoon of September 13, 1996, Tupac died of internal bleeding; doctors attempted to revive him but could not impede his hemorrhaging. His mother made the decision to tell the doctors to stop. The official cause of death was noted as respiratory failure and cardiopulmonary arrest in connection with multiple gunshot wounds.

Shakur's body was cremated and some of his ashes were later mixed with marijuana and smoked by members of the Outlawz (Tupac founded this group and had been performing them).

09-07-2011 06:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Elvis Lives Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tigers
RE: 15 years ago today....
You live that lifestyle, you suffer as a result. We saw that too close to home with Lorenzen. You keep that type of company, bad things will result.
09-07-2011 07:18 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I'm not going to go there about Ren for several reasons. I think that comparison is unfair, but you're right about Tupac. You live that lifestyle, you could pay the ultimate price. There are so many theories out there about what really happened to Tupac. Some think he isn't dead, and it was to boost sales of his music. Some think Suge Knight had him killed. Some say biggie smalls had him killed while the east-west rap war of words was going on. Some think it was a rival gang that killed him. Some even believe the "illuminati" killed him.
09-07-2011 08:29 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

09-13-2011 06:51 AM
Advertisement

tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

You eff with gangstas expect to get effed sooner or later. True for both ren and tupac.
09-13-2011 07:40 AM
Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I Root For: Memphis
This might come as a shock, but 2Pac was no gangsta.

I believe the theory that Suge Knight had Tupac murdered because he was going to leave Death Row records and with the loss of Dr. Dre and the falling popularity of Snoop Doggy Dogg, Death Row had nothing without 2Pac. 2Pac recorded 200 songs beyond the three albums worth of material he owed Death Row.

So in relation to messing with gangsters and getting messed up; 2Pac was an artist on a record label. 2Pac was guided to that record label by Jimmy Iovine, who owned Interscope Records put 2Pac and Death Row together. I always wonder why Jimmy Iovine didn't bail 2Pac out.

To be honest, had Suge Knight not gone to prison (for being on probation and getting in a fight), Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg probably would have been targeted by Suge Knight as well.
09-13-2011 08:53 AM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

Jesus krist what a crazy bunch of bullshat. It's.....well kinda like.....music folks. Stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
09-13-2011 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.