Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cougs do well in home Cross Country meet
muvet
Unregistered

Danny Wolf Wins WSU Cross Country Invitational Title
Cougar men sweep team duals, WSU women compete well.

Oct. 12, 2002

Complete Results

PULLMAN, Wash. -- Washington State sophomore Danny Wolf won the individual title and the Cougars swept the men's team dual titles at the WSU Cross Country Invitational Saturday at the WSU Golf Course.

The WSU men's team defeated Boise State, Eastern Washington, Gonzaga and Idaho in dual competition as Wolf (26:41.81) was followed by Ian Johnson in second (26:57.79) and Mark Wicklander (27:10.36), fourth, on the 8,000 meters course. Freshman Reid Carrell stepped up for the Cougars with a 16th place finish while Mike Heidt was 18th and Justin Ireland 19th.

Anna Blue was the top Cougar placer at third in a time of 19 minutes, 23.49 seconds, behind Maria Zambrano (18:49.25), running unattached, and Boise State's Robin Wempele (19:20.64) in the women's 5,000 meters course. The Cougar women won dual competitions against EWU, Gonzaga and lost by one point to Boise State.

In a field of 51 runners, WSU's Ana Cabrera finished fourth while Molly Bull and Julia Corbett placed 10th and 18th respectively.

"It's a tough course and we don't get a lot of time to work on it before the race but the whole team handled the hills well," Blue said after the race.

"We have a really tough course here and I'm glad our top end runners did so well," Cougar coach Jason Drake said. "If we can get a few more runners on both sides up with our top-end runners, then we can be really strong when the Pac-10's come around. The way I looked at it is anything under 27 minutes (for the men) is great and we had two guys who were able to do that. Both the men and women looked really strong today."

The Cougar men and women's cross country teams will hit the road next week to for the Pre-NCAA Invitational Meet, October 19, at Terre Haute, Indiana.

Shop at the Washington State Cougar FANStore!
10-13-2002 03:16 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

muvet
Unregistered

I took some pictures for the track and field program. It was very cold at the meet but I had tons of fun and my friends did very well. Go Cougs!!
10-13-2002 03:23 AM
Advertisement

RacerJoe01
Unregistered

Good job by the Cougars in harsh weather conditions.
10-13-2002 04:28 PM
muvet
Unregistered

It was harsh conditions but I stuck it out!! Go Cougs!!
10-13-2002 07:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.