Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's new in Dekalb
Bookmark and Share
blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
What's new in Dekalb
For those of us that get up for FB games only...What's new in Dekalb?

Still, not a real hotel has graced us, I'm sure.
08-17-2011 03:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: What's new in Dekalb
HyVee lol
08-17-2011 03:28 PM
66Huskie Offline
Special Teams

08-17-2011 03:42 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-17-2011 03:26 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  For those of us that get up for FB games only...What's new in Dekalb?

Still, not a real hotel has graced us, I'm sure.
New Mexican restaurant going in next to Fatty's. They are building new stores next to HyVee but I am not sure what will go in there.
08-18-2011 01:13 AM
foch41 Offline
1st String

[/quote]New Mexican restaurant going in next to Fatty's. They are building new stores next to HyVee but I am not sure what will go in there.

[/quote]

Trust me the nex mexican restaurant "Fiesta Cancun" can't touch my love for Eduardo's.
08-18-2011 06:42 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
New Mexican restaurant going in next to Fatty's. They are building new stores next to HyVee but I am not sure what will go in there.

[/quote]

Trust me the nex mexican restaurant "Fiesta Cancun" can't touch my love for Eduardo's.[/quote]

ROSITA'S!!!!!
08-18-2011 07:42 AM
Advertisement

numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

[/quote]

Trust me the nex mexican restaurant "Fiesta Cancun" can't touch my love for Eduardo's.
[/quote]

remove the '/' in the first [/quote] and the system will automatically format the quote correctly.
08-18-2011 08:39 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

[/quote]

[/quote]Maybe not but it might end up having better food. Of course. I won't be around to try it so let us know how it is if you go.
08-18-2011 10:10 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Fiesta Cancun, with the name like that, is it safe to assume it's more of a Bar that also serves food vs. a restaurant that also happens to serve booze?
08-18-2011 10:19 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(08-18-2011 10:19 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Fiesta Cancun, with the name like that, is it safe to assume it's more of a Bar that also serves food vs. a restaurant that also happens to serve booze?
Possibly, however I have a feeling based on history of that location and my knowledge of DeKalb liquor code that that place isn't going to be a bar. They may serve alcohol, but that is also a long shot.
08-18-2011 10:23 AM
$NIU$ Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
No Manches. That name is weak...or at least not authentic. I'll still check it out and try out a margarita. =)
08-18-2011 10:41 AM
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
the most 'authentic' is burritoville.
08-18-2011 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bubbajoesam Offline
Water Engineer

Yes, I love burritoville. Especially at 2:00 in the morning.
08-18-2011 12:03 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Someone told me the other day that the deal for the CVS going in and Molly's closing / moving has been finalized. Any truth or knowledge of this???
08-18-2011 12:30 PM
WhiskeyDick Offline
Banned

I Root For: Penalty kills
DeKalb is blessed with one of the Midwest's best Mexican restaurants....Rositas. It is phenomenally good Mexican food that is on better than an restaurant in its class. If you haven't been there already then go there.
08-18-2011 12:43 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-18-2011 12:30 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Someone told me the other day that the deal for the CVS going in and Molly's closing / moving has been finalized. Any truth or knowledge of this???

I have been hearing that since 05.
08-18-2011 12:55 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(08-18-2011 12:55 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(08-18-2011 12:30 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Someone told me the other day that the deal for the CVS going in and Molly's closing / moving has been finalized. Any truth or knowledge of this???

Same here.. probably longer than to be honest. And we discussed this previously, but back then it was a Walgreens that I had hear was going in.

Reminds of one of those Going out of Business sales that furniture stores always have, but never actually go out of business.
08-18-2011 01:16 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(08-18-2011 01:16 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  
(08-18-2011 12:55 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Same here.. probably longer than to be honest. And we discussed this previously, but back then it was a Walgreens that I had hear was going in.

Reminds of one of those Going out of Business sales that furniture stores always have, but never actually go out of business.

Yeah, I know the story how it goes over and over. Last I read on here and online article was they were waiting on the 24hrs thng. But I thought he said there was a sign there. Perhaps it has been there a while, perhaps I never noticed. Was just wondering it "really finally for sure without a doubt no question" was happening.
08-18-2011 01:25 PM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(08-18-2011 07:42 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(08-18-2011 06:42 AM)foch41 Wrote:  

Trust me the nex mexican restaurant "Fiesta Cancun" can't touch my love for Eduardo's.[/quote]

ROSITA'S!!!!!
[/quote]

Taxco. There, I win.

Also, there was a little spot next to the Happy Wok that head tremendous authentic tacos al pastor before I moved out of town.

Good enough, authentic-ish tacos are easy to find. But al pastor shaved off a gyro-style spit with cilantro, onion and lime. That is taco perfection and hard to find.
08-18-2011 06:23 PM
foch41 Offline
1st String

WOW no Love for Eduardos in here? They have the best Watermelon Margaritas and the shredded beef quesadilla and mexican rice kicks @$$. I love me some Eduardos. Rositas food couldn't touch it in my opinion and I have been to Fiesta Cancun a couple times and meh its ok at best. nothing like Eduardos
08-18-2011 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.