Big South Expansion
Bookmark and Share
CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Campbell
Big South Expansion
Once all these so called super conferences are in place, what happens to the big souths and asuns of the world? Should the Big South expand now to keep its head above water later?
08-12-2011 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camels7778 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Campbell
RE: Big South Expansion
I think it would be a good idea before we get completely forgotten. I don't think both the A-Sun and the Big South will survive. One is going to eat the other and since the Big South has football already it is in the lead and needs to act now before it loses the advantage.
08-12-2011 03:39 PM
wufan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Winthrop
RE: Big South Expansion
(08-12-2011 03:39 PM)camels7778 Wrote:  I think it would be a good idea before we get completely forgotten. I don't think both the A-Sun and the Big South will survive. One is going to eat the other and since the Big South has football already it is in the lead and needs to act now before it loses the advantage.

I think the conference is too big as it is. Not a fan of these schedules in basketball that are unbalanced.

I'm not sure where anyone in the conference would go---the only real possibilities I see of anyone leaving would be LU, WU, CCU, and VMI and all those seem far fetched at that. The only real moves that would make sense would be geographic moves and only LU/VMI would fall into that category. Nobody is going to have the opportunity to make anything more than a geographic lateral move in terms of conference.
08-15-2011 07:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.