Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcing The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Bookmark and Share
MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Announcing The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
[Image: 814VB3250VL._SL500_AA300_.gif]

Boise's Bowl Game Is Now.................
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/08...otato_bowl
08-03-2011 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
RE: Announcing The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl
Some tweets about the announcement:

Chris Dufresne, Los Angeles Times: “First team to make second Potato Bowl appearance will be ‘Twice baked.’ … I envision huge problems/injuries for teams clinching bid to Potato bowl. throwing tostitos or roses one thing...”

@kujoatc75: “Donate the unused potatoes from the Humanitarian Bowl to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. #bowlsgiveback”

Stewart Mandel, SI.com: “As fun as it is to mock bowl sponsors, one of the most popular PGA Tour stops is the WASTE MANAGEMENT Phoenix Open. Hard to top.”

@TheRobMorse: “I’d like to see Chip Kelly coach against Hayden Fry in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.”

Funny post by Colorado Spartan on the WAC board

In all seriousness I would love to be a fly on the wall when Benson is in the process of courting football programs. I imagine the conversation going like this...

Benson: How would you like to become a member of the best conference in America?
Potential team: What are the benefits of joining your conference? Do we have access to a National Championship?
Benson: nope
Potential team: Would we be able to automatically qualify for the bowls that people pay attention to like the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, or Orange?
Benson: nope
Potential team: Can we at least have a chance to go to a bowl location that our fan base will get excited to visit like in Hawaii, San Diego, or Las Vegas?
Benson: Even better..... you will have a 1 in 9 chance to make it into the FAMOUS Potato Bowl in Boise, ID during the best time of year there... December!
Potential team: Ummm Ok, what team/conference would this game be against?
Benson: You have the once in a lifetime opportunity to play the 3rd place team from America's other best conference, THE MAC! The most amazing part of it all is that your team will be playing on the one and only, historic, BLUE TURF! Although, I recommend that your fan base attends the game because your eyes will bleed if you watch this game on TV.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2011 06:15 PM by MG61.)
08-03-2011 05:52 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
The largest celebration of the news came in Shreveport, Louisiana where Independence Bowl supporters expressed relief that reporters seeking to mock a low caliber bowl will now say "Famous Potato" instead of Weedwhacker.
08-03-2011 06:20 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I noticed they didn't mention which conferences would be tied to the Potato Bowl. I wonder if the WAC will be able to keep this bowl. I don't know if the MWC with 10 teams can add another bowl. Now that the PAC is up to 12, maybe the Potato Bowl is going to wait and see if the MWC moves to 12 schools before getting into a new agreement with the WAC. I'd think a PAC 12 #9 vs. MWC #5 or 6, bowl game would be more appealing to the Potoato Bowl, then a WAC #1 vs. anyone.

Talk about motivation to win, I can hear the PAC coaches now,"You better win!, or you'll be wearing a Mr. Potato Head on your jersey, and playing your bowl game in sub-zero Idaho!" Players would be throwing games at the end of the season just to avoid that bowl.
08-03-2011 08:25 PM
Advertisement

philo13181 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
[Image: sweetpot021209.jpg]
08-03-2011 09:24 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
you know whats going to happen is that the MAC wont cover enough of their bowl teams and our #4 will be sent out there
08-03-2011 10:12 PM
don63 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Cajuns
(08-03-2011 10:12 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  you know whats going to happen is that the MAC wont cover enough of their bowl teams and our #4 will be sent out there

And then beat the WAC's #103-lmfao
08-04-2011 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.