Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Good luck to the USA Women's team today.
Bookmark and Share
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers/Cards
Cool Good luck to the USA Women's team today.
I know it just has started, but go USA Women against the French in Germany. I would think with all the US soliders stationed in that country and us being the underdog, the fans should be behind us today.
07-13-2011 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
RE: Good luck to the USA Women's team today.
(07-13-2011 10:44 AM)BARTLETTTIGER Wrote:  I know it just has started, but go USA Women against the French in Germany. I would think with all the US soliders stationed in that country and us being the underdog, the fans should be behind us today.

We are definitely not the underdog in this game. We should win this game.
07-13-2011 10:51 AM
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers/Cards
(07-13-2011 10:51 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(07-13-2011 10:44 AM)BARTLETTTIGER Wrote:  I know it just has started, but go USA Women against the French in Germany. I would think with all the US soliders stationed in that country and us being the underdog, the fans should be behind us today.

Before the tournament started, the US women's team was an underdog, aTxTiger. Congratulations for their win today and making it to the final Sunday against Japan.
07-13-2011 11:14 PM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(07-13-2011 11:14 PM)BARTLETTTIGER Wrote:  
(07-13-2011 10:51 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

Before the tournament started, the US women's team was an underdog, aTxTiger. Congratulations for their win today and making it to the final Sunday against Japan.

To the Germans, maybe. We were ranked number 1 in the world. Teams ranked number 1 in the world don't get to cry underdog no matter how much the media would like to say they are.
07-14-2011 09:44 AM
TigerTitan Offline
Ginourmous Fan

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

DonatorsDonators
Looking forward to the game today. It's time for the USWNT to really execute and play some of their best defense ever. These Japanese kickers have crazy accuracy in their shots!
[Image: USindivicon.jpg]
07-17-2011 01:04 AM
Advertisement

surfernmemphis Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
The American women are bigger, stronger and faster than Japan. No one will be able to handle Wambach in the air. Japan is very technical and that will even the field. The key for the US will be set-pieces and play in the air. I look for USA to win this game but it should be a good game. Japan is playing out of their minds right now and the Sweds and Germans were also decidedly bigger and stronger but that did not matter. On a side note, Japan has never defeated the USA in women's soccer.
07-17-2011 10:39 AM
TN_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
Japan is also ranked fourth in the world according to FIFA. The only teams ranked higher are the U.S., Germany, and Brazil. Japan is no slob. Should be a good game though. GO USA!
07-17-2011 11:32 AM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
Japan has played the 2 best games in the history of their program in their last 2 games. If they play on that same form, they will be a tough out. Shannon Boxx is the most important player in this game for us. Because Japan is so short they tend to attack narrowly. Boxx must stop the Japanese build ups in the center of the field and force them wide where our size defensively can be utilized on their attacks.
07-17-2011 12:16 PM
TigerEye Offline
Das Tigerauge

I Root For: Tigers/Grizz
What happens to the little pennants the captains trade at the beginning? Do they get hung up at the federation offices or something?
07-17-2011 01:48 PM
Advertisement

TN_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
Kudos to Japan for never giving up. They played with a lot of heart.

I must say though, the U.S. should look at itself for this loss. Blew two leads, missed countless opportunities early in the game (really should've been a few goals in the first half), and atrocious PKs.

A great tournament for them, but defeat in the finals is never a good feeling.
07-17-2011 04:57 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(07-17-2011 04:57 PM)TN_Tiger Wrote:  Kudos to Japan for never giving up. They played with a lot of heart.

I must say though, the U.S. should look at itself for this loss. Blew two leads, missed countless opportunities early in the game (really should've been a few goals in the first half), and atrocious PKs.

A great tournament for them, but defeat in the finals is never a good feeling.

Agree completely. Japan demonstrated the resiliancy which had characterized both team's run to the finals and put away the shots when they needed to.

While I'm definitely disappointed that the US didn't win, I have to admit that a small part of me is happy for the Japanese.
07-17-2011 06:59 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
I thought our US girls finished the championship game very strongly. My style!!

I thought they finished the extra time of the championship game very strongly.

I thought they finished the penalty kicks in the championship game very strongly.

Signed,

John Calipari

(relax- our kids played their butts off, especially in the Brazil game and it was great to see especially in the biggest event for their sport- this was a joke on Narcissist)
07-17-2011 07:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.