http://www.pjstar.com/news/x910594697/Re...ue-Bradley
07-09-2011 09:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
RE: Former Bradley Coach Plans on Suing School
I see no problem with what Les did. In negotiations to get that new job, be probably thought to himself, "if I leverage this correctly, it might help me get an offer over other candidates who will require more money". Bradley should be thankful that he didn't decide to retire, play golf, and become a hoops fan. Sounds to me like they just saved $375,000 by him accepting the HC job at UC-Davis.
07-09-2011 10:39 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Can anyone remember when a University was sued by the outgoing coach for breach of contract and its incoming coach sued on the same point?

Anyone?
07-09-2011 09:35 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

All,

Has anyone heard or seen anything on the KSU vs Geno Ford, KSU vs Bradley, and Bradley vs their former coach front? It has been 14 months (I know the legal process can take a long time), but it has been really quiet all around. Maybe they are pursuing the ever popular "settling out of court for an undisclosed amount" route?

It would be nice to know if any progress has been made and if there is an end in site. It obvious what the feelings of Nielsen/Lefton are towards "Mr. Geno" (see recent article with Lefton interviewed by Elton Alexander of the PD).
05-22-2012 08:12 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

Nobody has heard or seen anything on the Ford vs KSU, Bradley vs KSU cases? I am assuming no news is good news, but I feel like KSU will lose out on both and waste a lot of time/energy. Hopefully Lefton/Nielsen have learned their lesson and have prepared themselves for if/when the next upcoming KSU head coach/asst coach gets swiped up by the big dollars from other schools.
06-24-2012 08:00 PM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

18 months after the lawsuit and all that is out there is silence? I know the legal process is slow, but 1 would have to think that KSU came up short on this 1, right?
09-12-2012 09:33 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Why would you think that? Given the Sunshine Laws in Ohio, any transaction with KSU, even a settlement or dismissal, is reported.
09-12-2012 10:01 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

It is not over. I am pretty sure this one isn't going to be settled and will end up in court. It could take years.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 10:13 PM by dannyb73.)
09-12-2012 10:11 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
Amazing how shady that school is. This guy was one of their own. He played on their hardwood. When Sidney Lowe left NC State, they gave him plenty of signs, helped him out the door and supported him after he resigned. This guy has to sue his alma mater to get what he deserves. Shame.
09-13-2012 08:07 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(09-13-2012 08:07 AM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Amazing how shady that school is. This guy was one of their own. He played on their hardwood. When Sidney Lowe left NC State, they gave him plenty of signs, helped him out the door and supported him after he resigned. This guy has to sue his alma mater to get what he deserves. Shame.

Just to clarify, I am referring to Geno vs. KSU as going to court. Not Les vs. Bradley.
09-13-2012 08:54 AM
GoFlashes7 Offline
1st String

(09-13-2012 08:54 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  
(09-13-2012 08:07 AM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Amazing how shady that school is. This guy was one of their own. He played on their hardwood. When Sidney Lowe left NC State, they gave him plenty of signs, helped him out the door and supported him after he resigned. This guy has to sue his alma mater to get what he deserves. Shame.

Just to clarify, I am referring to Geno vs. KSU as going to court. Not Les vs. Bradley.

Yeah, I was talking about Geno vs KSU as well. I have no idea where Les vs Bradley stands.
09-13-2012 09:56 AM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Which happens soorner: lawsuit gets decided or Geno gets fired?
09-13-2012 10:28 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(09-13-2012 10:28 AM)axeme Wrote:  Which happens soorner: lawsuit gets decided or Geno gets fired?

Lol. Great question. Geno better save his duckets. He will probably win, meaning less than 900k settlement, but he will owe KSU plenty.
09-13-2012 11:16 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I know they are not paying him the big bucks to finish last. He needs solid improvement this season and to be at least a contender the 3rd season. If this season is like last season's embarrassment, he may not get a 3rd.
09-13-2012 12:11 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(09-13-2012 08:54 AM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Oh no, I was responding directly to the article and the former Bradley coach having to bring his own school to litigation. That just spells bad karma and is going to make it tough for Bradley to make successful coaching searches in the future.
09-13-2012 12:36 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(09-13-2012 12:11 PM)axeme Wrote:  I know they are not paying him the big bucks to finish last. He needs solid improvement this season and to be at least a contender the 3rd season. If this season is like last season's embarrassment, he may not get a 3rd.

He will absolutely get a 3rd season. Regardless of what happens this year. Two more like last year and a 4th would be in question. You have to give a guy a chance to get his own players in before making a coaching change unless the guy is a disaster (see Billy Gillespie).
09-13-2012 01:17 PM
Advertisement

GFlash68 Offline
All American

Crappies
There are cases where a coach does not get to bring in their own players. If a coach shows what is perceived to be incompetent even with the inherited players, some have ask "why prolong the misery?" I believe the Akron FB coach is an example of this. Bradley's cupboard could not have been completely bare. They get good players. Only win a couple of games for a couple of years and doubts will start to creep into the door. That is when infatuation jumps out the window.
09-13-2012 01:40 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(09-13-2012 01:40 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  There are cases where a coach does not get to bring in their own players. If a coach shows what is perceived to be incompetent even with the inherited players, some have ask "why prolong the misery?" I believe the Akron FB coach is an example of this. Bradley's cupboard could not have been completely bare. They get good players. Only win a couple of games for a couple of years and doubts will start to creep into the door. That is when infatuation jumps out the window.

I agree with you that there are certain instances and cases where a 3rd season isn't guaranteed. That being said, Geno doesn't carry himself like a guy who would fit into that mold, because he isn't a disaster off the court. Lastly, they pretty much had no talent when he got there.
09-13-2012 04:19 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I know a few Bradley fans who weren't happy with the way Jim Les was treated. Many are not happy with the BU President. My take is that Geno needs to show dramatic improvement or he will not see year four. Just a hunch.
09-13-2012 04:42 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

(09-12-2012 10:11 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  It is not over. I am pretty sure this one isn't going to be settled and will end up in court. It could take years.

I would be shocked if we settled for less than a full buy out. If we we're open to a settlement, this thing would be over.

A court may order that KSU take less than a full buyout, but that's a different story.
09-13-2012 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.