Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Please - a little perspective folks
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Yes - it was a disappointing weekend. A win over one of those ACC games would have been huge.

But we played Florida State, Miami and Virginia Tech: three top 10 teams and national title contenders. Only one was a a home game.

Would Florida, Michigan or Penn State have done any better against those 3 this week?

Perhaps, perhaps not.

WVU played very well with a young team that is dominated by Freshman in its skill positions on offense. USF is a fast-rising program with a great deal of excitement. UL is of course UL, which has a win against a good Oregon State team already in its back pocket (which beat previously undefeated Washington STate last night, by the way). UCONN is looking good, selling out every game, and fast become a VERY VERY solid 1-A, BCS program.

The atmosphere at the WVU/VPI game was electric. Yes we lost, but does that mean that the Big East is "horrible" this year? We beat Maryland on the road... the same MD them that just whacked 18th ranked and previously unbeated Virginia. USF played as well if not better against Miami than Colorado did. How does their tough loss to Penn State look now? Penn State is 5-0 and a contender in the Big 10 after their whitewash of Minnesota.

the Big East is making huge strides in the right direction - just look at the recruiting, the increase in ticket sales, the excitement at games. We continue to win the games we are "supposed to win", and we are playing as well as other good BCS programs against some Top 10 teams.
10-02-2005 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

FSU and Miami would be beaten by Joe Pa, the rines and the Gators
VT and Vick are the real deal though
10-02-2005 09:37 AM
dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville

Not at FSU or Miami they wouldnt. Both those teams have top rated defenses. The ACC is the toughest conference right now. Come December, who knows.
10-02-2005 10:06 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Yes, each of those teams you mentioned would have done better. I believe they would have played a much more competitive game than the Big East teams did.
10-02-2005 11:46 AM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Army56Mike Wrote:Yes, each of those teams you mentioned would have done better. I believe they would have played a much more competitive game than the Big East teams did.
Didn't Florida just get destroyed by Alabama? Michigan was unranked until they upset Michigan State and Penn State beat Minnesota but the jury is still out on them. What makes you think they would have done better?
10-02-2005 01:16 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

I think that Penn St would have done better. They are a very good team. The defense is as good as last year, and their offense has improved dramatically. If Penn St wins the Big 10, that would be a really good loss for USF and Cincy. Even if they finish the season ranked, it will still be a good loss. As good as a loss can be.
10-02-2005 01:30 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Moral victories are for losers. The BE schools had better start winning thier out of conference games!
10-02-2005 02:10 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Wilkie01 Wrote:Moral victories are for losers.  The BE schools had better start winning thier out of conference games!
I dont think anyone said anything about moral victories. If a team plays good teams close when they lose, thats a good indicator that the losing team is pretty good. Its also a good indicator as to the potential of the team in the future if the majority of the team is returning with another year of experience under their belt. Thats one of the indicators that media folks use in determining the preseason, and is also one of the reasons that the preseasons are always very flawed.
10-02-2005 04:47 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.