Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF Rivals Board
Bookmark and Share
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
UCF Rivals Board
I'm DEFINITELY not trying to flame or troll or whatever the online lingo is... haha. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever been over on UCF's Rivals board? If so, what were your thoughts about it? I swear I have never seen a bigger group of nasty, mean-spirited people on a sports website in my life. Granted, I don't browse tons of message boards...

Anyone else notice the same thing? I've never seen so much foul language, name-calling and insults than I have on that board. I know y'all are having a spat with Louisville, and USF people come over and act like idiots... but wow... that place is crazy.
05-16-2011 12:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bob the Knight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
RE: UCF Rivals Board
I like it. We don't take any crap and let you know when you're being stupid.
05-16-2011 12:41 PM
Jesterondirt Offline
Real racing happens on dirt!

I Root For: GoldenHurricane
I've never felt unwelcome there. The watercooler is full of awesome.
05-16-2011 12:42 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
To be honest, the ECU Rivals board is where I had a problem. I got banned from the ECU board for absolutely no reason.
05-16-2011 12:44 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

One of these days I'm going to start a 100% innocent, non-provocative thread on there... and with ECU in my handle, I'm going to copy and paste the responses I get. I feel like if they even catch a whiff that you're an ECU fan, you will be called a "homo", "butt-pirate" or things like that within the first 2-3 responses.

It might just be ECU fans that get the treatment, I don't know.
05-16-2011 12:46 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-16-2011 12:44 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  To be honest, the ECU Rivals board is where I had a problem. I got banned from the ECU board for absolutely no reason.

I don't post over there. There isn't even that much traffic on that site... I figure they'd take all the posters they can get.
05-16-2011 12:47 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The average age of ucf fans is probably around 24 and sometimes it shows. It's great they are building that young base but they tend to communicate with strangers with little regard for civil behaviour. They think being a jerk on the Internet is some kind of badge of honor.
05-16-2011 12:52 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
(05-16-2011 12:47 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(05-16-2011 12:44 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  To be honest, the ECU Rivals board is where I had a problem. I got banned from the ECU board for absolutely no reason.

I don't post over there. There isn't even that much traffic on that site... I figure they'd take all the posters they can get.

It was a few years ago. Haven't been back since. I go to Boneyard to check on ECU. I just can't understand why the Boneyard Banter board doesn't update itself with a new format.
05-16-2011 12:52 PM
Bob the Knight Offline
2nd String

(05-16-2011 12:46 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  One of these days I'm going to start a 100% innocent, non-provocative thread on there... and with ECU in my handle, I'm going to copy and paste the responses I get. I feel like if they even catch a whiff that you're an ECU fan, you will be called a "homo", "butt-pirate" or things like that within the first 2-3 responses.

It might just be ECU fans that get the treatment, I don't know.

Yes, that will happen because 98% of the ECU posters from the Rivals site act stupid and offer nothing to conversations, just post about how great ECU is.
05-16-2011 12:54 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
You can tell UCF's fanbase is young.

It's pretty entertaining from a third party perspective though.
05-16-2011 12:54 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(05-16-2011 12:34 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I'm DEFINITELY not trying to flame or troll or whatever the online lingo is... haha. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever been over on UCF's Rivals board? If so, what were your thoughts about it? I swear I have never seen a bigger group of nasty, mean-spirited people on a sports website in my life. Granted, I don't browse tons of message boards...

Anyone else notice the same thing? I've never seen so much foul language, name-calling and insults than I have on that board. I know y'all are having a spat with Louisville, and USF people come over and act like idiots... but wow... that place is crazy.

Read the LA Tech board for a smiliar midset. 04-cheers
05-16-2011 12:56 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

LOL...that place is run by a loon! I got banned from there as well, back before they migrated to Rivals. Why was I banned? Because I was a moderator here.
05-16-2011 12:58 PM
bignow Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Yep, the open board has some interesting characters. Most of the "older" UCF fans are on the premium board and rarely venture out. I graduated in 94 and the difference between the school and fan base from 94 to now is pretty dramatic. When I started at UCF in 91 we barely had 19,000 students. Good old 1-AA games.
05-16-2011 01:00 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(05-16-2011 12:58 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  

LOL...that place is run by a loon! I got banned from there as well, back before they migrated to Rivals. Why was I banned? Because I was a moderator here.

Off The Meds has even ventured over to the conference realignment board here, and sadly makes just as little sense there as he does on the rivals board. I've been banned over there once, for posting a +1 to a look alike thread on the UCF Rivals board comparing him to the guinea pig pirate from an episode of South Park.
05-16-2011 01:54 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
I don't frequent the Rivals board very often. Try to stay away. May pay it a visit sometime.
05-16-2011 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
I tend to stay on the premium board. All rivals public forums are ridiculous.

Think it's funny an ECU fan brought this up. Pot meet kettle
05-16-2011 02:30 PM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-16-2011 02:30 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  I tend to stay on the premium board. All rivals public forums are ridiculous.

I don't think if you went on the ECU board that you'd be called a "homo"... just saying. You might get banned by our looney moderator, but you wouldn't be ganged up on by 10 teenagers calling you homo this, butt pirate that, etc. It just seems like the UCFsports open forum posters don't really do anything but hurl insults at ECU fans... granted, some ECU fans go over there and show their a$$, and I know we're far from perfect... but I can't so much as browse that page without seeing 10+ "ECU sucks" threads... just saying.
05-16-2011 02:49 PM
Harry J Offline
Fan of the spoarts

I Root For: Memphis
I read it quite a bit. Some of the things posted there are pretty ruthless, which can provide a good laugh now and then.
05-16-2011 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bob the Knight Offline
2nd String

(05-16-2011 02:49 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  
(05-16-2011 02:30 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  I tend to stay on the premium board. All rivals public forums are ridiculous.

I don't think if you went on the ECU board that you'd be called a "homo"... just saying. You might get banned by our looney moderator, but you wouldn't be ganged up on by 10 teenagers calling you homo this, butt pirate that, etc. It just seems like the UCFsports open forum posters don't really do anything but hurl insults at ECU fans... granted, some ECU fans go over there and show their a$$, and I know we're far from perfect... but I can't so much as browse that page without seeing 10+ "ECU sucks" threads... just saying.

It's all because of OTM. If he wasn't such a little whiny baby girl none of that stuff would go on. If he and the posters on his board acted like adults and didn't whine and cry about everything most of that stuff wouldn't exist. You only pick on people you can easily get a rise out of. Welcome to the internet.
05-16-2011 03:24 PM
Steelbeard Offline
OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN

Free Hummell!
05-16-2011 04:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.