Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach O'Liery Lied again about USF/UCF games (Link)
Bookmark and Share
whitey Offline
1st String

I Root For: a playoff
Coach O'Liery Lied again about USF/UCF games (Link)
04-29-2011 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
RE: Coach O'Liery Lied again about USF/UCF games (Link)
03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Believe O'Leary was talking about this (from the Tampa Tribune article/blog):

While acknowledging there have been talks between USF athletic director Doug Woolard and UCF athletic director Keith Tribble centered around bringing back an annual series between the Bulls and Knights, USF athletics spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe said Friday those discussions have not yet led to a proposed contract for future games between the two programs, and certainly not one that has been signed.

GOL didn't mention exact dates/$$$ of the contract, etc....as its obvious he knows that the talks of renewing the series (which no one in the media knew was going on) were taking place in recent weeks...and obviously have been going well.

New USF Coach Holtz was slightly "upset" about USF's poor home attendance last year (less than 30,000 fans on average in attendance at their 65,000 plus seat stadium) with a not so great home slate...and Holtz and O'Leary had a good relationship in CUSA...so I'm sure Holtz finally told his boss (USF AD) to get the series going again.
04-29-2011 08:28 PM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
Sorry, GOL didn't lie. He did not say there was a contract. And although the ADs may not have an understanding, it does not mean GOL and Skip haven't agreed on something.
04-29-2011 08:34 PM
Advertisement

SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Skip was upset about attendance? Oh well, at least family was close by to comfort him.

As for the OP, We don't know what GOL has been told by Tribble or whether he and skip had something worked out. I don't think he ever said it was set in stone, and as we all know, college football schedules are often flexible with teams buying out of games and what not.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 08:38 PM by SouthernPirate55.)
04-29-2011 08:36 PM
Neue Regel Offline
Banned

South Florida is always gonna have poor attendance til they play in a college stadium on campus. They have a huge enrollment. Where are the students?
Actually I have been to Tampa twice in the last 6 years. I never seen anything with USF on it. And I hear the Devil Rays have poor attendance also. Maybe the bay area doesn't care about sports other than the BUCS?
04-29-2011 08:42 PM
Advertisement

SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

If USF is patient with Skip, he'll build their popularity. He's a politician when it comes to stirring up the interest, and has a rolodex full of good ASST coaches. He'll make noise in the BE before it's all said and done.
04-29-2011 08:53 PM
lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
(04-29-2011 08:42 PM)Neue Regel Wrote:  South Florida is always gonna have poor attendance til they play in a college stadium on campus. They have a huge enrollment. Where are the students?
Actually I have been to Tampa twice in the last 6 years. I never seen anything with USF on it. And I hear the Devil Rays have poor attendance also. Maybe the bay area doesn't care about sports other than the BUCS?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/...is-sliding
04-29-2011 08:55 PM
Advertisement

Neue Regel Offline
Banned

(04-29-2011 08:55 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  
(04-29-2011 08:42 PM)Neue Regel Wrote:  South Florida is always gonna have poor attendance til they play in a college stadium on campus. They have a huge enrollment. Where are the students?

OK. Everyone inTampa, Florida is in a retirement home. 03-lmfao
04-29-2011 09:43 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
(04-29-2011 09:43 PM)Neue Regel Wrote:  
(04-29-2011 08:55 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  

OK. Everyone inTampa, Florida is in a retirement home. 03-lmfao

05-nono

03-razz
04-29-2011 09:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-29-2011 08:36 PM)SouthernPirate55 Wrote:  Skip was upset about attendance? Oh well, at least family was close by to comfort him.

Skippy made his bed on that one. He will probably remain upset about attendance his entire tenure there because no one give a crap about them. He'll do a good job there though for as long as he stays around.
04-29-2011 09:48 PM
beacherpirate Offline
Special Teams

Poor Skippy going from sold out 45k every home game, 50k he would have had last year to 30k in a BCS conference. It's hard to beat a die hard fan base.

Maybe the grass isn't always greener...

As for the series, I hope it returns. It would be good for all included like us playing NC State. But as far as UCF is concerned, I don't see them winning many of those games, especially as long as Skip is at USF.
04-30-2011 07:04 PM
kittrellecu Offline
Water Engineer

(04-29-2011 08:28 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Believe O'Leary was talking about this (from the Tampa Tribune article/blog):

While acknowledging there have been talks between USF athletic director Doug Woolard and UCF athletic director Keith Tribble centered around bringing back an annual series between the Bulls and Knights, USF athletics spokesperson Jeremy Sharpe said Friday those discussions have not yet led to a proposed contract for future games between the two programs, and certainly not one that has been signed.

GOL didn't mention exact dates/$$$ of the contract, etc....as its obvious he knows that the talks of renewing the series (which no one in the media knew was going on) were taking place in recent weeks...and obviously have been going well.

New USF Coach Holtz was slightly "upset" about USF's poor home attendance last year (less than 30,000 fans on average in attendance at their 65,000 plus seat stadium) with a not so great home slate...and Holtz and O'Leary had a good relationship in CUSA...so I'm sure Holtz finally told his boss (USF AD) to get the series going again.

Yeah that is funny; You jump the off the Pirate Boat to go to USF (in Tampa were there is a ton more fan support hahah) and you drop well over 10k average fans a game. This just goes to show how weak the whole "market" expansion idea is.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2011 07:32 AM by kittrellecu.)
05-04-2011 07:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.