Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pete Thamel Digging into Bender - Smith - UCF fiasco (Link)
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Pete Thamel Digging into Bender - Smith - UCF fiasco (Link)
Many here have said this was going to happen. Now it looks like the media is getting involved. Rumor here in Louisville is Pat Forde is working with Thamel.
CJ

Link
04-26-2011 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RE: Pete Thamel Digging into Bender - Smith - UCF fiasco (Link)
I naturally don't believe any of this, especially considering his current credibility status and "professional" experience, if you want to call it that...
04-26-2011 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
Possibly why the hold up on Big East automatically giving out the invite.....to see if this is cleared up with minimal damage.
04-26-2011 07:40 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Never seen a more delusional group of fans. Smith wanted to go to UCF over UL so they must've paid him lol? Yeah right. Have you been to UCF's campus, have you seen our girls? lol. Any red-blooded man would want to go there. It's clear what happened. Smith wanted to go to UCF after UL signed a different QB. He went back to Louisville where UL fans pressured him and he gave in and changed his commit back to where he originally decided to go. Looks like a hit piece by a scumbag UL reporter.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 08:17 PM by Jugnaut.)
04-26-2011 08:16 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Well those "delusional" fans and that "scumbag" reporter might play a part in keeping UCF out of the Big East.
04-26-2011 08:25 PM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(04-26-2011 08:16 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Never seen a more delusional group of fans. Smith wanted to go to UCF over UL so they must've paid him lol? Yeah right. Have you been to UCF's campus, have you seen our girls? lol. Any red-blooded man would want to go there. It's clear what happened. Smith wanted to go to UCF after UL signed a different QB. He went back to Louisville where UL fans pressured him and he gave in and changed his commit back to where he originally decided to go. Looks like a hit piece by a scumbag UL reporter.

Unfornately you couldn't be further from the truth. This particular player is only 1 of several of the bigger picture.....Bender and UCF is only 1 part of this. Forde wouldn't invest time/money/ESPN exposure on this if there wasn't something to go after. Bender and possibly other bigger fish are the main story, with UCF/Smith only a portion of it, because of Bender/UCF link.

Thamel = NY Times
Forde = ESPN

Neither = UL Newspaper

Thank you now run along.
04-26-2011 08:31 PM
Advertisement

KnightTower Offline
All American

I'd love to see an outside independent ACTUAL news source verify any of this, but until then, I'll just ignore the story written by some random fan on SportsBlogNation if that's alright with you.

Hell, even if Thamel or Forde addressed it on their Twitter would be enough.

Funny how deluded some people get, though.

"There's no way any recruit wouldn't want to go to Louisville. They must be being paid/steered away/threatened/etc. into going to UCF!"

Call me when this gets picked up by the news. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 08:38 PM by KnightTower.)
04-26-2011 08:34 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't know how this is affecting expansion. It could be nothing, but all it takes is something like this blowing up and getting back to the school president and suddenly you have another no vote going against you in expansion.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 08:44 PM by CatsClaw.)
04-26-2011 08:43 PM
Joshua Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNF & UCF
So then how much more did Loserville pay to get Smith to lose a year of eligibility to come to UL after he signed with UCF? You Louisville guys are so freaking delusional
04-26-2011 08:57 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(04-26-2011 08:16 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Never seen a more delusional group of fans. Smith wanted to go to UCF over UL so they must've paid him lol? Yeah right. Have you been to UCF's campus, have you seen our girls? lol. Any red-blooded man would want to go there. It's clear what happened. Smith wanted to go to UCF after UL signed a different QB. He went back to Louisville where UL fans pressured him and he gave in and changed his commit back to where he originally decided to go. Looks like a hit piece by a scumbag UL reporter.

You UCF fans are delusional. There are attractive women everywhere. Theres nothing that causes there to be more of less of them at any particular school. Get over yourselves. I guess the only thing that would increase attractive women at a school is lax academic standards, because the majority of the hot girls in HS werent exactly 4.0 students.

I wouldnt expect to see a lot of them at Ivy league schools, but beyond that im sure its about the same anywhere.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2011 08:59 PM by BullsBEAST.)
04-26-2011 08:58 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Have you been to UCF's campus, have you seen our girls? lol. Any red-blooded man would want to go there.

What are you pimping them out? UCF isn't the only place with beautiful women I've got news for you.
04-26-2011 09:04 PM
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
(04-26-2011 08:58 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

You UCF fans are delusional. There are attractive women everywhere. Theres nothing that causes there to be more of less of them at any particular school. Get over yourselves. I guess the only thing that would increase attractive women at a school is lax academic standards, because the majority of the hot girls in HS werent exactly 4.0 students.

I wouldnt expect to see a lot of them at Ivy league schools, but beyond that im sure its about the same anywhere.

You never attended my high school. 03-cloud9

Fortunately, most of the attractive 4.0+ students enrolled at UCF. The ugly ones went to USF.

/sarcasm...kinda

Louisville press is butt-hurt. Simple as that. They are trying to dig up anything. If the shoe was on the other foot, Orlando press would be attempting the same thing. Different city, same internal bias.
04-26-2011 09:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
The arrogance that UCF fans show on these boards is breath taking in a bad way...
04-26-2011 10:48 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-26-2011 09:04 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  
Quote:Have you been to UCF's campus, have you seen our girls? lol. Any red-blooded man would want to go there.

What are you pimping them out? UCF isn't the only place with beautiful women I've got news for you.

I'm a reasonable fan, but UCF has gorgeous women. I've never heard anything different, from anyone, from any school. Ask any of the CUSA posters, they'll all admit it.

And there is what I call, the beach/climate effect, that does affect different areas differently and that does lead to certain area's having better looking people (at least more fit). For instance, in the Mid-west/North, woman put on weight during the winter for a multitude of reasons (not being able to get outdoors as much/heavier clothing covering it up more/etc). Here in Florida, that period lasts for about 3 weeks throughout a 4 month period. Furthermore, we only have about a month and a half where there is no chance that said girl will not have to get into a bathing suit/short shorts. There is no room to put on the 10lb's many women put on during winter in the north. This leads to women who are, as a whole, in better shape than those elsewhere. It's the difference between a 'beach body' and 'lake body' if you will..

And after that long, pointless drivel I will let UL and UCF fans continue to flame over issues of which there is no proof on either side. GO GO INTERNET!
04-26-2011 11:04 PM
HoustonVeer Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston, BE!
OK, so here is the deal I am at the GYM down here in Houston and I had to sign up just to reply. Question. What the hell does beauty have to do with expansion? God almighty you UCF guys are eager to impress on an internet board.
04-26-2011 11:11 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(04-26-2011 10:48 PM)miko33 Wrote:  The arrogance that UCF fans show on these boards is breath taking in a bad way...

Par for the course with UCF fans. Keep in mind that a mature Knight fan is a rare breed. Most grew up in the age of Power Rangers and had fake ID's until a few months ago. That generally explains, but doesn't excuse, their "average" behavior.
04-26-2011 11:44 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Um I grew up in the age of power rangers and I got rid of my fake four years ago *THANK YOU VERY MUCH*
04-26-2011 11:56 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
This story makes 0% sense. Louisville fans are grasping at straws. Smith and Bender take money, Smith decides he made wrong choice, goes back to Louisville where if anything comes out he not only could lose one year, but be declared ineligible period. Hello!!! Oleary pays $$$ which could cost him everything , and then is so stubborn he denys Smith a release which could force smith to spill the beans.
04-27-2011 05:41 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

Make no mistake, I as a UL fan think Demarcus is gone if this shows any link of connection with $$$. Strong won't have anything to do with that, and quiete possibly why none of us UL or UCF fans have seen a closure to this yet for him. By the end of this month we will know for sure what UCF will do with Demarcus (release or not) but as we all know its the 27th already, not sure much more will change.

Again, I am not here to bash UCF or fans, this has the makings of a bigger story.
04-27-2011 05:58 AM
Sir Galahad Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(04-26-2011 06:57 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Many here have said this was going to happen. Now it looks like the media is getting involved. Rumor here in Louisville is Pat Forde is working with Thamel.
CJ

Link

I'm going to try to stay within the rules here but you are making this very hard. While you bash UCF fans you never seem to stop trashing UCF on the Rivals UL board who has banned every UCF poster.

Let me explain this to you Jim because you don't seem to get this very well. UCF has been recruiting athletes from the likes of Miami for nearly 20 years getting players like Joshua Reese (4 star), Torrian Wilson (4 star), Jeffery Godfrey, Josh Robinson (4 star), Alphonso Bryant (4 star) amongst others. UCF continually recruits across the state know as one of the two best recruiting hotbeds in the Country and you're telling me UCF now had to break out the cash to get a kid from Louisville, Kentucky? You're saying that UCF decided now to start paying players in a position where UCF is set with a freshman All American for the next three years? You're telling me that UCF decided to put up cash for a kid that plays football in Kentucky whos best teams would not make the top ten in any division of Florida high school football?

Don't you think that if UCF actually paid DeMarcus money that UCF would have let him out of his LOI for fear that it would come out? I have never seen such an insecure fan base.

`
04-27-2011 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.